Slash and Axl talking

netcord

Marc,

Are you excited?

Do you think these developments will open the door to you fixing your relationship with Axl?

I know for a FACT that is never going to happen!
How in the world would you know that? You are a fan. Marc has legitimate connections and is lifelong friends with Slash. Edited by Subtle Signs
  • Like 1

Can't we just get rid of the creepy Annie cupcake? I mean, she went to Canter's deli in person. She's crazy and I fear for Marc's safety to be honest.

At first I thought she was a guy and it was a bit creepy the way the package was wrapped and the note that was inside. Someone sent me a tiny photo of her profile from another site and it was a guy holding a teddy bear. It was probably a photo of Dexter and since I don't watch that show I didn't know who he was. Also if you can imagine he had a bit of a crazy face in that photo.

I think she is not able to see things the way most people do. For her there may only be black or White and no room for gray. If there are 99 things great about the book but only one thing wrong, its no good for her. I know it sounds strange that someone would give back a book filled with great stuff of the birth of the band when she is a big Axl fan but she also got rid of all the DJ Ashba songs on her play lists just because she didn't like the letter that he wrote when he left the band. Its her life and she can chose to like something or not if she wants too.

She told me that if she were ever friends with Axl that she would never do something that would make him upset. I am not a yes man. My idea of a good friend is to not walk on eggshells and the speak your mind. When Axl used to call me for some advice, I told him what I really thought not what I thought he wanted to hear. Sometimes we would disagree on a subject but I never stepped down from my true feelings. Im the same person that I have always been. I don't bullshit around.

I hope she chooses therapy.

Edited by recklessroad

Marc,

Are you excited?

Do you think these developments will open the door to you fixing your relationship with Axl?

I know for a FACT that is never going to happen!

And I know for a fact that your word means fucking shit.

Can't we just get rid of the creepy Annie cupcake? I mean, she went to Canter's deli in person. She's crazy and I fear for Marc's safety to be honest.

Same here. These lunatics losers are the worst. Can't believe they're able to post here.

• Like 1

Marc, do you think Beta will try to sabotage Axl's renewed friendship with Slash? You've said she hates Slash with a passion and I imagine her position is much more secure with Slash out of the picture.

If Axl is actually talking to Slash, then I don't think so Beta can do anything about it. Before there were no chances of Axl and Duff talking, but when they started talking, then no one could do anything bad to their renewed friendship.

If Axl and Slash have supposedly started talking, then I don't think so Beta will come in the way.

Edited by Slash787

If Axl wants to talk to Slash then Beta won't do anything the stop that. However i think if Axl for any reason doesn't like someone, then Beta will also not like them. Beta has told me many times that I talk shit about Axl. Where is this coming from? I defend Axl all the time. I have made it very clear where I stand regarding how I feel about Axl.

Many times I have seen Beta over react to something that she thinks will make Axl upset. Instead of tring to help Axl to get past the issues he had with Slash, she just jumped right on to the "hatetrain" I think Del knows Axl much better than anyone else that is around him. He was Axl's friend before he worked for the band and has a great understanding out how Axl ticks. Although I don't think he could have done anything to help Axl get past the dark times he had with Slash. That storm just had to ride its self out.

I tried to help by explaning what I thought were both of there sides and that I didn't think it was either ones of their faults. The problem is Axl didn't like me riding the fence between them by sticking up for both of them. If I said something nice about Slash, I think he saw it as an insult because it contradicted the things he thought that Slash did wrong.

Edited by recklessroad
  • Like 1

If Axl wants to talk to Slash then Beta won't do anything the stop that. However i think if Axl for any reason doesn't like someone, then Beta will also not like them. Beta has told me many times that I talk shit about Axl. Where is this coming from? I defend Axl all the time. I have made it very clear where I stand regarding how I feel about Axl.

Many times I have seen Beta over react to something that she thinks will make Axl upset. Instead of tring to help Axl to get past the issues he had with Slash, she just jumped right on to the "hatetrain" I think Del knows Axl much better than anyone else that is around him. He was Axl's friend before he worked for the band and has a great understanding out how Axl ticks. Although I don't think he could have done anything to help Axl get past the dark times he had with Slash. That storm just had to ride its self out.

I tried to help by explaning what I thought were both of there sides and that I didn't think it was either ones of their faults. The problem is Axl didn't like me riding the fence between them by sticking up for both of them. If I said something nice about Slash, I think he saw it as an insult because it contradicted the things he thought that Slash did wrong.

I just want to say thank you again for taking the time to talk to Guns N' Roses fans. Your stories truly mean a lot to us. Thanks.

I just want to say thank you again for taking the time to talk to Guns N' Roses fans. Your stories truly mean a lot to us. Thanks.

I second that. Thanks Marc! Not a whole lot of bands have this type of go-to source for fans to visit with on a daily basis.

Hey Marc, that is very deep. I totally understand that not as a keyboard warrior. I think Axl will come out of the funk he's in and soon. I hope he reaches out to you. Sometimes when you are happy it's very easy to go along with the tide when it didn't in the past. Peace :headbang:

Marc,I found it odd with Del posting a happy birthday to Slash also. One reason being,I'd followed Slash for awhile. And when Del got his Twitter account and I started following Del,he was not following Slash at first. Matter of fact,I don't remember him following Slash,until the happy birthday wish. And I was like,HUH?!LOL That totally threw me for a loop!!

Marc,I found it odd with Del posting a happy birthday to Slash also. One reason being,I'd followed Slash for awhile. And when Del got his Twitter account and I started following Del,he was not following Slash at first. Matter of fact,I don't remember him following Slash,until the happy birthday wish. And I was like,HUH?!LOL That totally threw me for a loop!!

I remember that some people mentioned long before Slash bday that Del was an Slash follower. I think if you have twitter you can check the date Del began following Slash

I don't see Slash leaving his band anytime soon. Infact I bet that he makes a new record and goes back on tour with his band. Slash has to keep busy and he has a great band to do that with. However I'm sure that Slash would play live on stage with Axl again if that opportunity ever came up but I don't see Slash leaving his band even if there were some kind of VR to start up again. What I'm trying to say is Slash needs to keep busy playing music all year round and no matter what else is going on with bands that he was once in, he can always make new music and tour with is own band. Going out there and doing what he does gives him structure and keeps him sober and healthy and with out that, I don't think he would really sevrive.

I can appreciate slash playing with his own band but i don't think it compares to the scale of getting back with gnr. you'd think he'd be wanting to play for thousands instead of hundreds, not to mention the compensation. hopefully they can get it all sorted out. people have said that he's been interested to get back with gnr for some years now, is that not true?

I can appreciate slash playing with his own band but i don't think it compares to the scale of getting back with gnr. you'd think he'd be wanting to play for thousands instead of hundreds, not to mention the compensation. hopefully they can get it all sorted out. people have said that he's been interested to get back with gnr for some years now, is that not true?

I don't think Slash cares how many people he plays to. I think, as Marc says, he just cares about playing. And if you see a show thats fairly obvious. He likes the clubs and theaters and his band does wonders in them. His shows lose something when they move to bigger venues, as was clear when I saw him open for Aerosmith. As for GNR, I don't think he's actively been pursuing rejoining. I think, just based off following his interviews and appearances, he's let the hate go (for awhile now in fact) and he's much more comfortable talking about the band, praising his members. I don't think anything really changed, besides the fact that Slash grew up. He's not looking to rejoin GNR or get it started again, its just no longer on the moratorium. I would be surprised if anyone has heard him actually say he's been interested for several years now in rejoining.

Now for Marc, its the question you probably can't answer which I totally understand, but its the question thats eating away at me: have you spoken to Slash at all directly since these rumors really started flaring? Maybe he's been busy, maybe you have and you can't really broadcast what was said, maybe you just don't talk to him that much because of both your schedules. Its great to hear from you how much the song thing makes relations have at least gotten a little better, but it keeps crossing my mind you're like the one guy that could get an honest answer from at least Slash about what all this talk is about. Did hearing any of this news make you reach out (or want to reach out) and just say "Slash, what's up man?" Or maybe thats the last thing he'd want to talk about.

Edited by gunsfanoldie