Would you be excited to hear Slash's take on the newer material?

Better, Street of Dreams and This I love are great as the way they are. It would be great if Slash could add his own Solo to CITR.

It would be great to hear Axl sing on Slither, Ghost, Anastasia, You're A Lie and Crucify the Dead.

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind if Slash would work on future songs with them during the GNR reunion.

As for the CD stuff, a few songs like 2 or 3 wouldn't be that bad if they could play stuff like Slither or Fall to Pieces with Axl putting a unique spin on it.

Edited by Anguyen92

You know, it's a thought that hadn't really crossed my mind until now. But if a proper reunion ever did occur, would you be interested in hearing his spin on, say, Better, The Blues, or This I Love? I feel like it would be very interesting at the least.

How has it never crossed your mind? CD would be infinitly better had Slash played on it and I think many of us have discussed that over the years. I think Slash could save quite a few of those songs to be honest. In fact I think you could give the original band the entire album and ask them to rerecord it and within a week or so they'd have stripped it down and turned it into something really kickass. CD's downfall was Axl's complete and utter control over it. The tinkering and producing and retinkering, the cutting and pasting of parts. Fuck that shit. The melodies are there, Axl just needed to let a real rock band record the songs without all the bullshit. So yes I'd be interested in hearing it because I think it would be so much better with Slash. If I had my choice though I'd say fuck everything to do with CD era GnR. Including the magical stuff in the vault. It's over. Move on. I'd rather Axl and Slash make new music

And Axl could do Fall To Pieces.

Worst song ever. I'd rather Axl do Messages

Edited by Bono
  • Like 1

You know, it's a thought that hadn't really crossed my mind until now. But if a proper reunion ever did occur, would you be interested in hearing his spin on, say, Better, The Blues, or This I Love? I feel like it would be very interesting at the least.

If you give the CD songs to Izzy, Slash, Duff and Steven and let them play it their way, and not the way they are played on CD, they will sound so much better.

These guys are capable of turning those songs into good stuff

Buckethead's solos on Sorry and There Was A Time sound to me as just the stuff Slash would play at those points on those songs.

Slash wouldn't be able to play TWAT solo too technically advanced.

And Sorry solo for me is much more Gilmour alike then Slash.

Still I do enjoy solo Slash and VR material but as far as solos go he didn't write anything in the UYI ballpark.