Would you be excited to hear Slash's take on the newer material?

If someone told me Slash could play like he did on Anastasia I would have called them a liar, then he did Anastasia, which is pretty damn technical. Slash can fucking shred now if need be and his style.

I'm sure he can, I'm just not interested in hearing his take on industrial rock. His "metal songs" are awful.

Sure. He has heard some version of TIS way back then so that would at least make sense. Chinese Democracy and Catcher In the Rye would suit him nicely as well, could not imagine him doing my fav songs of the era thou: Madagascar and TWAT (and Prostitute).

Nah. I'd rather they play deep cuts from "Illusions".

If I had to think of songs that would work better with Slash from CD I suppose IRS, ITW, and TWAT would be cool with the old band.

Honestly I think Slash would do a terrific job playing Sorry, and add a lot of depth and emotion to the song. Unfortunately I'd be asking for the Slash and the band to have an impossibly encompassing sense of humor.

Re-vamp IRS, make it a little more raw, sloppy, and bluesy, and put Izzy on vocals and I would be interested to hear that

If I had to think of songs that would work better with Slash from CD I suppose IRS, ITW, and TWAT would be cool with the old band.

Honestly I think Slash would do a terrific job playing Sorry, and add a lot of depth and emotion to the song. Unfortunately I'd be asking for the Slash and the band to have an impossibly encompassing sense of humor.

Re-vamp IRS, make it a little more raw, sloppy, and bluesy, and put Izzy on vocals and I would be interested to hear that

Totally agree about Sorry. I think Slash would do very well on most of the Chinese material, but Sorry in particular he'd kill it on.

Totally agree about Sorry. I think Slash would do very well on most of the Chinese material, but Sorry in particular he'd kill it on.

And maybe Axl could sing Crucify The Dead to even the score?

Not really interested in hearing Slash play any of those songs. They should do the Appetite album front to back a few from Lies and a few from the Illusions. I would also like to see Izzy sing a few to give Axl a break.. I think Izzy would sound cool as hell on Bad Obsession. He did vocals on the demo...

If they had to do one CD song, I think I would pick The Blues... But then Axl would have to sing on Anastasia!!! ;)

• Like 1

The problem with utter shit Chinese Democracy are: the lyrics, vocals and the unnecessary layers of layers of stupid arrangements. No Slash can fix that.

Axl should re-release Chinese Democracy + Chinese Democracy II as instrumental albums. That would be nice.

for some reason bands rarely do material from band-members solo albums.

if, huge IF, GnR would reunite perhaps they can all cherry-pick their favorite songs from other members solo albums, augment it/"GnR-it", and release as a thematic EP/album for fans. this wouldn't be their mainstream release, rather, something special for the fans (imo fans are sick and tired of shirts and belts and ordinary merchandising-material).

I think it would be a lot more early Guns centric set list.

Mama Kin, Move to the City, Out ta Get Me, My Michelle, Think About You back in with UYI Bad Obsession, Double Talkin Jive, 14 Years, Dust N Bones, Pretty Tied Up, Yesterdays maybe Coma and Locomotive, Sympathy for the Devil, Attitude, Raw Power, Ain't it Fun.

17 new songs!