MYGNRFORUM PRIZE PACKS GIVEAWAY!!! [CONTEST CLOSED - WINNERS ANNOUNCED WITHIN!!!]

May 12th, 2006-Hammerstein

Me and my best friend Eddie flew from Chicago to NY on the morning of May 12th, 2006, arrived in NY, walked around for a few smoked a joint on top of a parking garage looking over NY, and headed to Mustang Sallys PRESHOW Party, while we were outside smoking a cigarette to the entrance, i started speaking with a member who was in a wheelchair and paralyzed, after talking for a few, we brought him inside pickup the wheelchair and all and brought him to the upstairs where the GNR members were, taking shots together and having a few beers. Ended up going downstairs with him and his girlfriend who i believe it was, whom was also in a wheelchair and paralyzed. They ate dinner, we continued to drink. We walked with them straight to the venue, we all went into the venue right in front of everyone since we accommodated them, as there was lines super long. There we are looking inside at the stage at a completely empty venue. We go straight to the front of the stage off to the right a little bit. The show happens, and it was amazing. During Paradise City when it goes crazy i made an attempt to jump on stage for some reason and was grabbed mid air by security and literally thrown out the back door of the venue and was in an alley. Met my friend after the show, we found some shitty motel on like the 60th floor of a building with the last of our money, wake up the next day and flew back to chicago immediately. To this day i will never forget those 24hrs, unfortunately my best friend eddie passed away on 11/28/14 but this Memory will LIVE FOREVER!!!!

I must add that was the 1st show of the 4 shows, and the 1st time TWAT was ever played. Me and my buddy would talk about this adventure time to time about how crazy it was. If you are wondering how we smoked a joint in new york, my friend actually bought weed from a guy on the street lol..i was very against it, until it worked out.

GNR FOREVER

RIP EDDIE!!!

Great story. Sorry about your friend.

Toronto 2010

Axl came out in a wheelchair at first. My heart sank thinking he wouldn't be able to run around. Then he leapt out of the chair and did his thing. I almost jumped over the few rows in front of me.

Unfortunately I wasn't around for the original line up, I have many favourite moments from old concerts and interviews but I think due to my age it'd be more appropriate to speak about recent years. It was at the o2 arena, Axl was late so had to finish the show early in order for everyone to get home safely... He said "it's my understanding we have about 10 minutes for everyone to leave safely and get the last train home, I'm trying to do the right thing here. I'm just trying to help, the door only swings one way, give give hive. I'm like Jesus, only bad, bad Jesus"

I love the quote about being like Bad Jesus lol.

Forgive me if I mixed it up abit, it's 12:30am in the UK and I'm sleepy lol.

Edited by AxlJacksonRose

I have two favorite moments of GN'R.

1) March 22nd, 2010. Velez Sarfield stadium. Packed venue. It was the return of the band to Argentina, the country where Slash and Axl played and embraced for the last time, so the name "Guns N' Roses" was everywhere: on the streets, on the radio, on the television, on the newspaper. Axl was on fire (and mad, stopped the show a couple times like the last time in Argentina :P) and it was the first time Guns played Don't Cry in Southamerica since the '90s. I was 13 and it was my first show ever.

2) April 6th, 2014 Ferro. stadium. The return of Duff to Guns N' Roses to replace Tommy and to Argentina with Guns since 1993. Best show ever. Duff was AMAZING and the crowd went NUTS (Amir can confirm this :lol:) with the new songs like Raw Power or Attitude. Besides, Ashba flew from the stage and landed in the crowd in Nightrain. Really crazy show.

Count me in for any of the prizes.

1) Being around on the forum in 2005 when IRS leaked. With the mysteries still high, it was a very cool time to be a fan.

2) Seeing Axl live for the first time in 2006, and then getting TWAT in 2010 (Hamilton).

Probably seeing GNR live in Taipei in 09.

On the first song Axl lifted up his Fedora hat to reveal no more cornrows. He seemed fired up for the show and later I found out he hit papparazzi at LAX before the flight into Taipei. So good times!

Mine would have to be when I saw them in Phoenix Dec 27th 2011. Halfway through Nightrain, an overzealous fan leaps on stage and grabs Axl. Security slam the kid to the ground. The entire audience holds its breath. "Oh shit, show's over. Axl's gonna walk off". Comerica Theater is about to get torn to pieces. Instead he laughs, walks over and tells security to slow down, be easy and don't be so rough. The complete opposite reaction that everyone expected, myself included.

50 second mark.

Ooh mine would probably be the first time I took time to listen to UYI2! At the time I was depressed as fuck but the combination of Civil War, Yesterdays and 14 Years all playing after each other got me realizing that music can be so much more then just notes, and 8 songs later when the first verse of Estranged kicks in that's the moment that I truly fell in love with GN'R and my life has to some degree never been the same since! To this day Estranged is still my favorite GN'R track!

Since I'm only 16 years old I never got to see the AFD or UYI line-up live and since nuGN'R hasn't played in Stockholm since 2006 which means that I haven't seen Axl live and I hope I will be able to do at some point in the near future. I saw SMKC this summer though and that easily was the best concert I've ever seen, mostly because I was so blown away by having Slash, the man who with his guitar changed the way I looked at music, standing 30 meters away from me playing that verry music!

My favorite GNR moment would have to be the first time I got to see them on 5/14/06 at the Hammerstein. I had a few opportunities to see the band that were nixed for various reasons. I was supposed to sneak out to see them at Giants Stadium in NJ July 1992, but my mom found out and stopped me. Then I was supposed to see the band in South Carolina (had 2nd row tix) on the 2002 tour, but of course that tour blew up the week before. I finally got to see Axl onstage 5/14 and it was incredible to see.

2006 Budapest: Axl was extremely late, but he delivers. That was my first show and i dig Better at that time... The "downloading motherfuckers" quote and i literally download the leaks days before the show....

Bucharest: Axl's voice was fantastic, maybe the best on the whole tour in 2010 aaaand i was there too!

If i win, i would like an autographed copy of Reckless Road

I don't want the Democracy blu ray, thanks

June 14 2004. I was on a school trip to Germany and my friend let me listen to Rocket Queen on her Sony Discman, while we were on the coach journey. I discovered Guns N' Roses and turned it my life upside down. It began a love of rock and metal which I've not been able to shake. Haven't enjoyed music or a band as much as I loved GN'R then.

If I win, the Blu-Ray would be great please, as I already have Reckless Road. ;) thanks!

December 4th 2006. Technically December 5th since it was just after midnight. Lights finally went out in winnipegs MTS Centre and the opening notes for jungle started. Axl screams his "you know where the fuck you are" and the band launches into a great set. My first GNR concert ever. I was 16 at the time. Still ranks as my favorite event ever in that arena.

Newcastle, Australia March 13 2013.. Guns came to my home town...

Basically 15 feet from Axl.. They open with Welcome to the Jungle.. and he nails it, there was pyrotechnics and all sorts of shit going on and here is this bloke who id seen a million times on youtube clips, listened to on radio, constantly read about just standing there belting out jungle.. ... That whole show was unbelievable for me as a lifelong fan seeing them in my backyard!

In truth... you could pick anything from a million different things... i personally love the Ritz performance in 88... that was just gnr..laid bare.. what it was meant to be and where it all started for me as a fan of appetite