MYGNRFORUM PRIZE PACKS GIVEAWAY!!! [CONTEST CLOSED - WINNERS ANNOUNCED WITHIN!!!]

Traveling to see them Sydney in 2010, better late than never! (Should have gone to Melbourne in '93) The meet and greet with 3 of the band, the people we met, the whole weekend was just one surreal experience that I wish I could remember in more detail!

hmmmm........probably getting to finally witness Estranged live after waiting almost two decades. It was at Zepp Tokyo in December, 2012.....Axl was just a few feet in front of me. I was crushed by bodies in the pit. But after the key change when he comes back in for the second half of the song "When I find out all the reasons...." I just started crying. I lost it. It was fucking awesome.

Seeing GnR in Nov. 2011; was the first time I've seen the band live (technically the first time was at a state fair when I was a baby, when they were supporting Appetite)

Waited in the lobby of the venue for a bit over two hours to make sure I was directly in front of the stage for the show :headbang: and got to watch Ashba/Bumble get into a screaming match with some fan behind me

What city was that? I saw minneapolis in november 2011 and ashba was having it out with a fan. Can't remember if Bumble got involved but I caught ashba telling tommy that some fuckers were throwing shit. Fernando also ran across stage and got involved in it too.

I was at the same show, I remember Bumble getting involved at some point with Ashba telling off someone in the crowd but I would have had no idea about Fernando at the time lol

2 part story..i worked for our local nba team and thru my connections i had a houston rockets jersey made,the #1 and rose on back,from row in vegas axl saw it and i motioned that its for him and he grabbed it at the end and we shook hands.

a year later, front row again in houston, at the end of the show i held a sign that said "Axl, i gave you the houston jersey in vegas" and he tossed the mic to me instead of throwing it, see video below:

and then we met after the show, he remembered me and we joked,got his mic,autograph on a pic i brought and a pic with him

• Like 4

Seeing GnR in Nov. 2011; was the first time I've seen the band live (technically the first time was at a state fair when I was a baby, when they were supporting Appetite)

Waited in the lobby of the venue for a bit over two hours to make sure I was directly in front of the stage for the show :headbang: and got to watch Ashba/Bumble get into a screaming match with some fan behind me

What city was that? I saw minneapolis in november 2011 and ashba was having it out with a fan. Can't remember if Bumble got involved but I caught ashba telling tommy that some fuckers were throwing shit. Fernando also ran across stage and got involved in it too.
I was at the same show, I remember Bumble getting involved at some point with Ashba telling off someone in the crowd but I would have had no idea about Fernando at the time lol

Ah nice. Yeah I came in from Canada for that one and ended up about 10 feet back from center stage. First time I got to see Estranged live. When I explained who Fernando was and pointed it out to my (now) wife, I'm surprised she was able to take me seriously after that. Haha I remember security getting involved and Dj was pointing out which guy in the crowd was causing problems and all of a sudden Fernando bolts across stage and jumps in where security was.

So many good memories :D I have to go with my first experience of seeing / hearing GnR. Watching the sweet child video, Slash plugging in his Les Paul and that riff, pretty much set me on my way since then. A friend recorded some videos on VHS from Kerrang TV and that was one of them.

2nd best would be seeing Guns in Dublin in 2006, such a great atmosphere. Seeing Guns on Friday (for the first time) and Metallica on Sunday (playing the full puppets album) probably one of the best weekends of my life (thus far). Axl was on form and the audience just ate it up, thought for sure that Guns were back, and that things were about to happen (was wrong of course, doesn't change how great it was though).

The contest is now closed.

Thank you for all the entries and great moments shared. It was a lot of fun reading everyone's favourite GNR memories. Some really great stories!

We'll be announcing the winners later this week. Best of luck to everyone who entered.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...