The US Politics/Elections Thread

2 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

and a russian spy in cahoots with the Kremlin!

Not in cahoots. More under the control of the Kremlin. Cahoots would imply he has some kind of control over it not that Putin knows where all the bodies are buried and Trump is just doing as he's told.

• Replies 29.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• downzy

• Dazey

• soon

• Georgy Zhukov

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Donald Trump just grabbed America by the pussy

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Not in cahoots. More under the control of the Kremlin. Cahoots would imply he has some kind of control over it not that Putin knows where all the bodies are buried and Trump is just doing as he's told.

What's the evidence? Don’t you guys choose truth over facts?

16 minutes ago, Dazey said:

There's very little evidence Trump is doing what he's told to by Putin. If that were the case, the Russians aren't getting a whole lot out of Trump.

Meanwhile, there seems to be much stronger circumstantial evidence he's controlled by Israel. Look at everything they've gotten out of him. The move of the embassy to Jerusalem, allowing them to recognize the Golan heights, no criticism of their settler land grabs (unlike Obama who criticized it on his way out), and the new military aid package. Not to mention how close Kushner and Bibi are. Bibi literally sleeps at Kushner's house when he visits the US!

• Like 1
Just now, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

There's very little evidence Trump is doing what he's told to by Putin. If that were the case, the Russians aren't getting a whole lot out of Trump.

Meanwhile, there seems to be much stronger circumstantial evidence he's controlled by Israel. Look at everything they've gotten out of him. The move of the embassy to Jerusalem, allowing them to recognize the Golan heights, no criticism of their settler land grabs (unlike Obama who criticized it on his way out), and the new military aid package. Not to mention how close Kushner and Bibi are. Bibi literally sleeps at Kushner's house when he visits the US!

It's all about the Benjamins baby!

16 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

What's up with you and Israel? :lol:

28 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

Unemployment down below 10% for the first time since February.  Great news heading into the election!  

The best news for Trump going into this election is that the Biden / Harris ticket as so divisive. 

Trumps supporters are still unified and they'll continue to be through this election. Everyone on the other side of the fence are just as divided as they were in 2016. 

IMO, Trump is gonna walk away with this election with ease. 

• Like 3
45 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

What's up with you and Israel? :lol:

I could counter by what's up with others and Russia? I hear all this talk about Russia controlling things in the US, but when I look at who US foreign policy benefits, it seems to benefit Israel a heck of a lot more than Russia!

56 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

I would have said racist.

What was racist about what she said?

6 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

I could counter by what's up with others and Russia? I hear all this talk about Russia controlling things in the US, but when I look at who US foreign policy benefits, it seems to benefit Israel a heck of a lot more than Russia!

No, no, it was more that you often turn things towards Israel in discussions and I haven't really been paying attention. 

3 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

No, no, it was more that you often turn things towards Israel in discussions and I haven't really been paying attention. 

I think it's relevant here. It was in response to Trump being a Putin stooge. I think there's far more circumstantial evidence that he's a Bibi stooge than a Putin stooge.

7 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

I think it's relevant here. It was in response to Trump being a Putin stooge. I think there's far more circumstantial evidence that he's a Bibi stooge than a Putin stooge.

I am not saying it isn't relevant. Just wanted to know if you had done some reflections on this yourself or if I had misunderstood.

17 hours ago, Ace Nova said:

I'm not sure.  I have doubts he used those "exact words".  The way the article is written, it seems to "piece together" separate events to form a "conclusion".  There's even a portion of it that dwells into his psyche, theorizing that Trump "fears being dismembered or killed"....which well...that's a bold statement...does Trump have a psychiatrist psychoanalyzing him among his staff? 

And if he said those exact things...as "pro-military" this country is, especially the Republican party....there would be people (not scared) to come forth with that sort of information.  They would get overwhelming support by the majority of the country....there would be no need to be "anonymous", imo.  Some of those comments (if not akin to treason) would be utterly offensive to most people (not just military families, veterans, etc). 

Democrats are starting a propaganda campaign to make the military side with Trump less once the election is contested.

They have been running war game scenarios where they need the military to oust Trump.

But conveniently, a group of former top government officials called the Transition Integrity Project actually gamed four possible scenarios, including one that doesn’t look that different from 2016: a big popular win for Mr. Biden, and a narrow electoral defeat, presumably reached after weeks of counting the votes in Pennsylvania. For their war game, they cast John Podesta, who was Hillary Clinton’s campaign chairman, in the role of Mr. Biden. They expected him, when the votes came in, to concede, just as Mrs. Clinton had.

But Mr. Podesta, playing Mr. Biden, shocked the organizers by saying he felt his party wouldn’t let him concede. Alleging voter suppression, he persuaded the governors of Wisconsin and Michigan to send pro-Biden electors to the Electoral College.

In that scenario, California, Oregon, and Washington then threatened to secede from the United States if Mr. Trump took office as planned. The House named Mr. Biden president; the Senate and White House stuck with Mr. Trump. At that point in the scenario, the nation stopped looking to the media for cues, and waited to see what the military would do.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/02/business/media/election-coverage.html?smid=tw-share

Top general rejects Democrats’ fantasy of military ousting Trump from White House

4AKbmeO.png

Edited by Silent Jay
2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

The best news for Trump going into this election is that the Biden / Harris ticket as so divisive. 

Trumps supporters are still unified and they'll continue to be through this election. Everyone on the other side of the fence are just as divided as they were in 2016. 

IMO, Trump is gonna walk away with this election with ease. 

I hope you're right but I see it being very close.  If not for Corona virus it would have been a landslide in favor of Trump.  I just watch Biden talk and he sounds like a man on his deathbed and to me he looks like a weaker candidate than Clinton was four years ago.  We'll see soon enough.

1 hour ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

What was racist about what she said?

You're joking right?  Omar made that comment as a dig towards Jews.  Jews and money is a stereotype the same way blacks are with fried chicken and watermelon.  And your nose comment didn't go unoticed either. 

1 minute ago, Swampfox said:

You're joking right?  Omar made that comment as a dig towards Jews.  Jews and money is a stereotype the same way blacks are with fried chicken and watermelon.  And your nose comment didn't go unoticed either. 

Remember when Trump called dead US servicemen losers and suckers because as a multiple draft dodger he was scared of getting the ferret stuck to his head wet? 

18 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

Do you honestly think campaign contributions and interest groups like AIPAC don't have an effect on US foreign policy decisions? C'mon man! Omar didn't say anything out of bounds, she called it like it is.

1 hour ago, Swampfox said:

I hope you're right but I see it being very close.  If not for Corona virus it would have been a landslide in favor of Trump.  I just watch Biden talk and he sounds like a man on his deathbed and to me he looks like a weaker candidate than Clinton was four years ago.  We'll see soon enough.

I was just telling some friends that exact thing the other day. I told them that I think Biden is a worse candidate than Clinton was and I think Trump is gonna walk away with this election. I got laughed out of the room. I told them all that I don't think they'll be laughing the morning after the election. 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I told them that I think Biden is a worse candidate than Clinton was.

I probably once thought this myself but Biden doesn't seem to be nearly as hated and that is pretty big. Plus this election is more about a referendum on Trump than anything.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

I hear all this talk about Russia controlling things in the US, but when I look at who US foreign policy benefits, it seems to benefit Israel a heck of a lot more than Russia!

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-says-not-any-proof-yet-on-kremlin-involvement-in-poisoning-of-putin-foe-alexei-navalny?ref=home

It's one thing to say you don't like another politician (albeit a war hero) ...but he was in politics.

Trump's comments on McCain were a little more than saying he didn't like him.  He discounted McCain as a war hero (who survived 5 years of torture by the North Vietnamese; passed on a chance to be released early because he didn't want to leave others behind) because he got caught.  To each their own, but for me that is very similar to the sentiments that are being attributed to him by anonymous sources.  

And random comments (said in the spur of the moment) saying he was an expert in military strategy, etc.

Random comments said in public.  So why wouldn't he be capable or it be likely he would say similar or worse random comments in private?

That's why the comments are shocking...and since they are so egregious, I would expect more information to come out, etc.

Fair enough.  I hope, and would hope, that those who passed on the information eventually reveal their identities.  I understand that it's not exactly fair or prudent to accept such damning words from individuals who remain to keep their identities private.

I would remind you and others that there have been numerous other allegations about Trump that were first reported from anonymous sources that were denied by Trump or his administration, only to be revealed later to be true.  That includes illegal payments to Stormy Daniels, Trump's comments on shithole countries, and the initial claims over the Ukraine affair.  

I don't see Trump calling himself "an animal".  Do you? 

Where in the Atlantic article does it make this claim?  

• downzy changed the title to The US Politics/Elections Thread