The US Politics/Elections Thread

11 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

Really?  Fauci was saying wearing a mask wasn't necessary back in January then changed his tune.

I didn't say that on January 1st Fauci told the whole world that a mask would protect people. But he and others from the CDC had several meetings with Trump. And Trump was told this was a serious issue in January, February, March, and all the time

Of course now it's too late for Trump to back down. He reach a point of no return long ago

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• downzy

• Dazey

• soon

• Georgy Zhukov

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Donald Trump just grabbed America by the pussy

Posted Images

56 minutes ago, downzy said:

Because masks at the time weren't confirmed to be a suitable or viable method to lessen the spread of the virus.  Also, there was a shortage of them, and Fauci's priority was to ensure medical professionals and first responders had first access to them.  

Pretty much. 

After what happened with toilet paper, they didn't want people stockpiling masks and then not having them available for Doctors, Nurses, 1st responders, etc.   Countries like Italy were already dealing with mask shortages, etc etc so they did not mandate them in the beginning....especially since there was a mandatory stay at home quarantine at the time, meaning people should have been staying home, regardless.  (You don't need to wear a mask at home.  ;) )

If you were "out and about" during that time period, you were likely a "first responder", medical professional,  etc and would have had access to masks, regardless.

I find it fascinating that "anti-maskers" always seem to bring this up.  Just use common sense, folks.  :thumbsup:

Edited by Ace Nova
5 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

Pretty much. 

After what happened with toilet paper, they didn't want people stockpiling masks and then not having them available for Doctors, Nurses, 1st responders, etc.   Countries like Italy were already dealing with mask shortages, etc etc so they did not mandate them in the beginning....especially since there was a mandatory stay at home quarantine at the time, meaning people should have been staying home, regardless.  (You don't need to wear a mask at home.  ;) )

If you were "out and about" during that time period, you were likely a "first responder", medical professional,  etc and would have had access to masks, regardless.

I find it fascinating that "anti-maskers" always seem to bring this up.  Just use common sense, folks.  :thumbsup:

I find it funny that anti maskers are usually fat ugly cunts who really should keep their faces covered as a rule anyway. :lol: 

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I find it funny that anti maskers are usually fat ugly cunts who really should keep their faces covered as a rule anyway. :lol: 

I was thinking the other day how much I prefer seeing people in masks. As much as I hate wearing mine, it’s a nice trade off for not having to see the fat ugly faces of most people who populate grocery stores (maybe I live in an ugly area). 

• Haha 1
52 minutes ago, downzy said:

I was thinking the other day how much I prefer seeing people in masks. As much as I hate wearing mine, it’s a nice trade off for not having to see the fat ugly faces of most people who populate grocery stores (maybe I live in an ugly area). 

I actually wish masks were a thing when I was a teen. I had on and off again acne issues, it would have been great to cover that up!

• Haha 1

What amazes me is that on the same day we learn that Trump downplayed the dangers of Covid-19 in the early part of 2020 we also learn that his own administration was trying to play up (or fabricate) the dangers of Antifa despite intelligence reports saying otherwise.  This idea that he sought to avoid a panic over the virus is undermined about all the other bullshit he has stoked fears (antifa, caravans, black Americans living in suburbs, etc). 

35 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Oh, I know about the past tensions, bombings, etc. but I thought most of that was over with?

I should have said, "Is this still a thing?  "Are there still tensions between England and Ireland?"

Edited by Ace Nova
1 hour ago, Ace Nova said:

Is this still a thing?  Are there (still) tensions between England and Ireland?

There likely will be if the UK violates the Good Friday Accord in its efforts to exit the EU. It’s the deal that has largely kept the peace since its passage. 

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Dazey said:

Piers Corbyn is not fat!

PS

Who is this old bag of bones and what right has she got to discuss UK affairs? The democrats have been anti-British for awhile. Remember Obama's ''back of the queue'' comment? Apparently Obama had some chip on his shoulder about Britain because he is Kenyan. Good job we will be dealing with Trump again from November. 

Edited by DieselDaisy
6 hours ago, Ace Nova said:

Oh, I know about the past tensions, bombings, etc. but I thought most of that was over with?

I should have said, "Is this still a thing?  "Are there still tensions between England and Ireland?"

The issue is that Brexit and the Good Friday Agreement are sort of contradicting themselves when it comes to Northen Ireland. A lot must be changed when it comes to trade, free moment of people and customs duty. 

• Thanks 1
57 minutes ago, Padme said:

The issue is that Brexit and the Good Friday Agreement are sort of contradicting themselves when it comes to Northen Ireland. A lot must be changed when it comes to trade, free moment of people and customs duty. 

The issue is that Johnson and his cronies couldn’t find their arses with an atlas. :lol: They signed something that they clearly hadn’t read and now they’re back peddling furiously. 

3 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I should point out for reasons of some much needed objectivity that a Northern Ireland court ruling deemed a no deal Brexit as not being in contravention of the Good Friday Agreement. 

Ireland will be part of the EU. But Northen Ireland won't. You have to squared the circle

The Michigan governor (Gretchen Whitmer) just held a press conference where she called the President the greatest threat to the American people. 

I suspect that he'll have a totally normal reaction to this. 

• Wow 1

Trump is now blaming Woodward for holding back his own lies about the pandemic...

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-says-bob-woodward-shouldve-warned-people-if-he-was-lying-to-them-about-covid-19-before-rage-came-out?ref=home

In other words, don’t blame Trump for lying, blame the reporter for not reporting his lies sooner.

Another day, another ...

Remember, Trump downplayed the virus because he didn’t want anyone to panic.

16 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

The Michigan governor (Gretchen Whitmer) just held a press conference where she called the President the greatest threat to the American people. 

I suspect that he'll have a totally normal reaction to this. 

He’s likely too busy to notice. He’s got too much to do to ensure people are not needlessly panicking.

3 minutes ago, downzy said:

Remember, Trump downplayed the virus because he didn’t want anyone to panic.

He’s likely too busy to notice. He’s got too much to do to ensure people are not needlessly panicking.

He's coming to Michigan today, so I'm sure hell react to it. 

• downzy changed the title to The US Politics/Elections Thread
  • downzy locked this topic