The US Politics/Elections Thread

This was taken prior to last night’s debate and the release of Trump’s tax info:

I’m not saying Trump is going to lose South Carolina, but he won the state by 14 points in 2016. If Trump in 2020 wins SC by only 1-5 points in 2020, he’s likely to lose most other swing states.

Trump losing would be great, but seeing Lindsay Graham lose would be almost as sweet. I think both scenarios are unlikely, but a boy can dream. 

• Replies 29.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• downzy

• Dazey

• soon

• Georgy Zhukov

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Donald Trump just grabbed America by the pussy

Posted Images

Krystal and Saagar, of Rising, aren't even roasting them over the debate. They're just sad. Krystal and Saagar are the shiniest, happiest people in my orbit! If they're as sad as we are, the end is truly neigh.

1 hour ago, downzy said:

Clinton conceded the following morning when it was clear that she would not make up the difference in absentee votes in the three states Trump won by a combined 77k votes. It is an utterly insane false equivalency to suggest this delay is anything close to what Trump is suggesting in 2020.

Trump is within his right to contest any election result so long as there are genuine concerns. Claims of fraudulent ballets to the degree that it would swing a Presidential election is not a legitimate concern absent any valid evidence. Trump has none because currently there is none. 

also documented are the unproven accusations of the democrats who, in full on conspiracy mode, argued that russia interfered with the american elections

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_interference_in_the_2016_United_States_elections#:~:text=On April 20%2C 2018%2C the,and a declaration admitting guilt.

was that a genuine concern of the democrats, or just conspiracy nonsense?

6 minutes ago, action said:

also documented are the unproven accusations of the democrats who, in full on conspiracy mode, argued that russia interfered with the american elections

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_interference_in_the_2016_United_States_elections#:~:text=On April 20%2C 2018%2C the,and a declaration admitting guilt.

You really are an absolute chucklenut aren't you? :lol: 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Dazey said:

You really are an absolute chucklenut aren't you? :lol: 

I'm trying to understand. I'm asking the right questions. Surely that should be applauded in stead of mocked?

if I don't educate myself, it's not good. And if I try to, it's not good either. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

the only way out of this vicious circle, seems to be to stop thinking too much. But doesn't that contradict the accusations thrown at me, that I think too little?

Just now, action said:

I'm trying to understand. I'm asking the right questions. Surely that should be applauded in stead of mocked?

But you're not asking the right questions. You made the following statement. Which is not unproven by any stretch of the imagination and nor is it just the position of the Democrats. It's the position of the US intelligence and security services and widely accepted as fact.

14 minutes ago, action said:

12 minutes ago, Dazey said:

But you're not asking the right questions. You made the following statement. Which is not unproven by any stretch of the imagination and nor is it just the position of the Democrats. It's the position of the US intelligence and security services and widely accepted as fact.

first of, what fact? "russian interference with the elections" can litterally mean a million of things. What sort of interference is "allowed", and what not? 

if vladimir putin holds a speech and declares his preference of trump, is that interference? Well, of course. Everything is interference. Everything is cause and effect. Kind of like the mosquito farting over the pacific and causing a hurricane, but come on. Let's be reasonable.

I guess you can argue, putin isn't allowed to give his opinion on anything, but if that is the base of the accusation then count me out of the outrage.

Secondly, if it (whatever it is) is widely accepted as fact, then I must have missed something. Has any judge, investigating the case, accepted these claims as truth?

Edited by action
2 minutes ago, action said:

first of, what fact? "russian interference with the elections" can litterally mean a million of things. What sort of interference is "allowed", and what not? 

if vladimir putin holds a speech and declares his preference of trump, is that interference? Well, of course. Everything is interference. Everything is cause and effect. Kind of like the mosquito farting over the pacific and causing a hurricane, but come on. Let's be reasonable.

I guess you can argue, putin isn't allowed to give his opinion on anything, but if that is the base of the accusation then count me out of the outrage.

Secondly, if it (whatever it is) is widely accepted as fact, then I must have missed something. Has any judge, investigating the case, accepted these claims as truth?

I’m not sure you even understand what a judge does. 😂

Just now, Dazey said:

I’m not sure you even understand what a judge does. 😂

a judge looks over evidence, interprets this, and makes a judgment that counts as juridical truth and needs to be accepted by the parties involved.

Juridical truth in no way means "real" truth since a judge in an appeal procedure can declare something else.

So I have a basic idea what a judge does, so back to my question, which you haven't answered.

An example of a judgment where a judge accepted these claims as truth, and reference please.

Just now, action said:

a judge looks over evidence, interprets this, and makes a judgment that counts as juridical truth and needs to be accepted by the parties involved.

So has nothing to do with the investigation then?

Just now, Dazey said:

So has nothing to do with the investigation then?

the US intelligence you mentioned earlier, which is on the case, gathers evidence which will ultimately be interpreted by a judge. 

And what have these people, that you mentioned, done with this "widely accepted fact"?

One example I provide you:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/16/us/politics/concord-case-russian-interference.html

justice dept drops charges against russian firms accused of intereference in elections.

So I still ask you, where are all the convictions, by a judge, of anyone giving validity to this supposed "widely accepted fact"?

1 minute ago, soon said:

Dazey and Action are having a more quality debate than Cheeto and Biden.

Which one should be potus?

correction - I'm having a quality debate. Dazey is probably enjoying his stella - made in belgium -  already :P

1 minute ago, action said:

correction - I'm having a quality debate. Dazey is probably enjoying his stella - made in belgium -  already :P

You should both be equally ashamed of the Stella :P

Just now, soon said:

You should both be equally ashamed of the Stella :P

only.... tourists (*in gold chains selling street crook voice* tourists eh.... fucking tourists.... give me the money bitch) drink stella.

belgians drink trappist

@soon@downzy

Indigenous woman in Quebec records hospital staff uttering slurs before her death

A nurse has been fired and an investigation is underway after Joyce Echaquan live-streamed some of her final moments in a hospital north of Montreal, during which hospital staff appeared to verbally abuse and utter slurs at her. A vigil was held on Tuesday for the 37-year-old mother of seven from the Atikamekw nation of Manawan.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/quebec-atikamekw-joliette-1.5743449

:max:

• Sad 1
9 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

@soon@downzy

Indigenous woman in Quebec records hospital staff uttering slurs before her death

A nurse has been fired and an investigation is underway after Joyce Echaquan live-streamed some of her final moments in a hospital north of Montreal, during which hospital staff appeared to verbally abuse and utter slurs at her. A vigil was held on Tuesday for the 37-year-old mother of seven from the Atikamekw nation of Manawan.

Love. Rage. Nausea.

That’s the state I exist in 24/7 because of this horrific, ongoing, colonial project.

Stuff like this isn’t rare. Im weeping none the less.

Thank you for posting 

Edited by soon
1 hour ago, action said:

If you read the Mueller report (which I doubt), it was a genuine concern. 

It's a fact that Russians interfered in the 2016 elections.  

33 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

@soon@downzy

I saw this.  Pretty tragic.  

2 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

Silencing the president will surely restore peoples trust in the media, this is yet another sign that things are not going well for biden.

I'm not sure what their reasoning is for doing this.  Criticism of Trump coming across as out of control and unhinged can only help swing more undecided voters Biden's way.  

5 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

I'm not sure what their reasoning is for doing this.  Criticism of Trump coming across as out of control and unhinged can only help swing more undecided voters Biden's way.  

I actually agree with you here.

Let Trump be unhinged. Why try to force him to behave?  This feels like putting the gutter blockers on the bowling lane for little children. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Considering Trump might have to pay back the $72 million tax refund he’s been fighting with the IRS about for a decade, this move makes a lot sense:

• downzy changed the title to The US Politics/Elections Thread