The US Politics/Elections Thread

1 hour ago, Swampfox said:

Obviously everyone wants the fly to be the big topic of discussion instead of the actual debate.  

Where is your sense of humor? Those debates are so dull, all of them. There hasn't been a good debate since Kennedy and Nixon. That one was in 1960.

Instead of just one fly it would've been hillarious a massive invasion of flies with everyone running for their lives. LOL!!!

• Haha 2
  • Replies 29.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• downzy

• Dazey

• soon

• Georgy Zhukov

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Donald Trump just grabbed America by the pussy

Posted Images

50 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

The next election debate is going digital.

I'm hearing that Trump says he won't take part. I guess that means Biden will debate with the fly and maybe with a spider as well

2 minutes ago, Padme said:

I'm hearing that Trump says he won't take part. I guess that means Biden will debate with the fly and maybe with a spider as well

He refuses to participate because he believes he isn't contagious. What a petulant manchild.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

He refuses to participate because he believes he isn't contagious. What a petulant manchild.

He’s not participating because he knows his mic can be switched off if it’s a virtual debate. What a fucking pussy! 😂

• Haha 3
17 minutes ago, Dazey said:

He’s not participating because he knows his mic can be switched off if it’s a virtual debate. What a fucking pussy! 😂

He needs someone whoose as big a cunt as he him, when he gets lippy just fuckin' get lippy back, cunt him off.  I realise this makes a mockery of the whole enterprise somewhat but it can't be any more of a mockery than it is now.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • GNFNR 1

Huge opportunity for Biden to show up anyway and have the entire (virtual) debate floor to himself.

Trump claims a virtual debate would be a waste of his time. What a gift to Biden and Democrats!  Biden can just show and say that he doesn’t think engaging in an American tradition to speak to voters and contrast perspectives is a waste of America’s time. That once again the President is unable or incapable of doing what is necessary to keep himself and others safe. Instead he would rather pick up his ball and go home because he can’t have his way. It’s further disrespect from a man who has shown no respect to the Americans who have sacrificed, millions with their jobs, hundreds of thousands with their lives. 

I get the first debate did not help Trump and the second one was likely to hurt him further, but not showing up is essentially putting a nail in the coffin should Biden opt to show up anyway (this is assuming the debate commission would still allow Biden to participate if Trump refuses to attend). 

• Like 4

When the infamous fly first landed on Pence's head, I found it humorous for a few seconds but when it just stayed there (for seemingly forever) I started to feel sorry for him.  I was surprised the moderator (or Harris) didn't gesture him to swat at it.  

I was pleasantly surprised that the post-debate television news media didn't seem to make a big deal out of it. 

Twitter and Facebook, on the other hand, were "cringeworthy".  I'm not a fan of "making fun" of people for circumstances out of their control, no matter how different they are ideologically than me.   :shrugs:

Edited by Ace Nova
16 minutes ago, downzy said:

Huge opportunity for Biden to show up anyway and have the entire (virtual) debate floor to himself.

Bring back the Clint Eastwood chair from 2012

clint-eastwood-chair-meme.jpg

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, downzy said:

Trump claims a virtual debate would be a waste of his time. What a gift to Biden and Democrats!  Biden can just show and say that he doesn’t think engaging in an American tradition to speak to voters and contrast perspectives is a waste of America’s time. That once again the President is unable or incapable of doing what is necessary to keep himself and others safe. Instead he would rather pick up his ball and go home because he can’t have his way. It’s further disrespect from a man who has shown no respect to the Americans who have sacrificed, millions with their jobs, hundreds of thousands with their lives. 

I get the first debate did not help Trump and the second one was likely to hurt him further, but not showing up is essentially putting a nail in the coffin should Biden opt to show up anyway (this is assuming the debate commission would still allow Biden to participate if Trump refuses to attend). 

This one is a town hall format so it's more than possible to do it without Trump. Would just be Biden responding to questions from the public without interruptions. 

20 minutes ago, Padme said:

Bring back the Clint Eastwood chair from 2012

clint-eastwood-chair-meme.jpg

It would be a different kind of stool if we're talking about Trump. :lol: 

I kind of wonder if the British who do want to see Trump re-elected feel that way because they want America to lose further standing in the world.  

12 minutes ago, downzy said:

I kind of wonder if the British who do want to see Trump re-elected feel that way because they want America to lose further standing in the world.  

Most of those who I speak to think along the same lines as @DieselDaisy

• Like 2
41 minutes ago, downzy said:

Utter shite.

Talk about an October surprised. Good Lord!!!

Oct. 8, 2020, 6:15 PM CEST / Updated Oct. 8, 2020, 6:37 PM CEST
By Tom Winter and Michael Kosnar

An FBI-led investigation identified six men who were trying to plot to kidnap Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer.

The investigation involved multiple confidential sources and undercover FBI personnel.

Based on court documents, the FBI was well aware of the activities of the men charged Thursday and there does not seem to have been an imminent threat posed to Gov. Whitmer, a Democrat.

The documents identify the defendants as Adam Fox, Barry Croft, Ty Garbin, Kaleb Franks, Daniel Harris, and Brandon Caserta.

At a meeting in July, allegedly attended and recorded by one of the confidential sources, the men “discussed attacking a Michigan State Police facility, and in a separate conversation after the meeting, Garbin suggested shooting up the Governor’s vacation home," authorities allege.

Then at a July 27 meeting, Fox and an informant discussed a possible kidnapping of Whitmer, with the defendant allegedly saying: “Snatch and grab, man. Grab the f---ing governor. Just grab the b----. Because at that point, we do that, dude — it’s over.”

The federal investigation involved at least one member of a Michigan militia group who was involved in a Second Amendment rally at the Michigan statehouse in June.

That member allegedly told the FBI that the group was considering killing police officers and agreed to become an informant.

But the involvement of that militia in the plot to kidnap the governor appears to be minimal as the group that is charged today allegedly discussed keeping the broader militia out of their actual plan.

For months, Whitmer has drawn the ire of militia groups and others opposed to her efforts restrictions aimed curbing the spread of the coronavirus.

Armed protesters took to the streets of Lansing, Michigan, during the early days of Whitmer’s coronavirus lockdown orders. And President Donald Trump famously tweeted "LIBERATE MICHIGAN!" in April.

This is a developing story, please refresh for updates.

• Sad 1
28 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

Mike Pence was measured, polite, firm, truthful and on point.

He was certainly measured, and maybe on point. But if you consider his performance polite or honest, there is something wrong with you. 

22 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Biden doesn't want to postpone the debate :lol:

There likely won’t be another debate.

Trump won’t do a virtual debate; Biden won’t allow the debates to be rescheduled. 

This works in Biden’s favour. He really doesn’t need anymore debates. With Trump throwing up the first objection, it allows Biden to claim the higher ground to all subsequent requests around the debate.

If they scrap the second debate Biden will insist on the third debate being a town all debate. Trump will likely object.

None of this is good for Trump. Why he thought backing out of the virtual debate next week is beyond me.

It really feels like there are two Donald Trumps. There is one who doesn’t want to be President anymore.  There’s another who doesn’t want to lose. His actions seem like a demonstration of this internal tension within the man. 

• downzy changed the title to The US Politics/Elections Thread