The US Politics/Elections Thread

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

You can't have a go at the mans supporters, maybe they honestly think he's the best man for the job.  Misguided you can call em but like...you can't write em off, thats a whole load of your population, your brothers and sisters under the stars and stripes.

I think if you go through life, thinking that way about 1 of two people you meet on the streets, in your job, in your family.... then the world must seem a bit bleak.

But who am I to talk. I happen to think that 95% of the population, if not more, are stray dogs.

• Haha 1
  • Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• downzy

• Dazey

• soon

• Georgy Zhukov

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Donald Trump just grabbed America by the pussy

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, action said:

I think if you go through life, thinking that way about 1 of two people you meet on the streets, in your job, in your family.... then the world must seem a bit bleak.

But who am I to talk. I happen to think that 95% of the population, if not more, are stray dogs.

I just think that the whole divisiveness isn't beneficial to the public.  When you kinda de-humanize people in your mind, especially the voting electorate, of which you're a part, you kinda exacerbate the on-going issues.  I'm sure many Trump supporters are complete cunts, the man himself is a complete cunt come to that...but at the same time, if you value democracy and the democratic process and voting etc then you've kinda gotta assign a lot more value to the populus because, well, you need em, they are a part of you as far as democracy is concerned or rather you're a part of them.  I'm not really making sense here, am I?  Give peace a chance people! (John Lennons birthday).

Edited by Len Cnut
Just now, Len Cnut said:

I just think that the whole divisiveness isn't beneficial to the public.  When you kinda de-humanize people in your mind, especially the voting electorate, of which you're a part, you kinda exacerbate the on-going issues.  I'm sure many Trump supporters are completely cunts, the man himself is a complete cunt come to that...but at the same time, if you value democracy and the democratic process and voting etc then you've kinda gotta assign a lot more value to the populus because, well, you need em, they are a part of you as far as democracy is concerned or rather you're a part of them.  I'm not really making sense here, am I?  Give peace a chance people! (John Lennons birthday).

the solution to all the problems this world faces is tragically simple. remove 99% of the human species (preferrably in ways as to make people lose their mind, i'll come back to this later), and all the world's problems will disappear like magic.

no more famine, no more deforestation, no more fighting for property, no more religious wars (if people lose faith, there wont be religion anymore, everyone will feel like war buddies, who have experienced the same tragedy; it's the ultimate bonding event). the seas would clear, the skies would be blue, the land green. Man would rediscover the joys of working on the land, women would rediscover the joys of upbringing their own children in stead of duming them with nannies. There would be immediate satisfaction coming from the fruit of your hard work.

but alas, we can't have good things.

In the meantime, lets just cope with this hell that we call earth, infested with people far beneath the level of vermin

32 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

You can't have a go at the mans supporters, maybe they honestly think he's the best man for the job.  Misguided you can call em but like...you can't write em off, thats a whole load of your population, your brothers and sisters under the stars and stripes.

Sure I can. I can think lots of people are trash, including members of my own family

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Sure I can. I can think lots of people are trash, including members of my own family

Well you can think what you like really dear, I just mean like...y’know, its your country, I can’t see much benefit in treating a massive chunk of the population as morons or your enemies, it doesn’t appear to me to be a very productive approach.  The fact is I can say almost certainly that a lot of people voted for Trump because they thought he was the answer, if you don’t believe that to be the case it is your job and the job of people who think like you to convince them otherwise...and you don’t do that by patronizing or insulting or, perhaps worst of all, making an enemy of them.

But as I say, do what feels right, not tryna tell you how to live or nothin’ ;) 

1 hour ago, action said:

the solution to all the problems this world faces is tragically simple. remove 99% of the human species (preferrably in ways as to make people lose their mind, i'll come back to this later), and all the world's problems will disappear like magic.

no more famine, no more deforestation, no more fighting for property, no more religious wars (if people lose faith, there wont be religion anymore, everyone will feel like war buddies, who have experienced the same tragedy; it's the ultimate bonding event). the seas would clear, the skies would be blue, the land green. Man would rediscover the joys of working on the land, women would rediscover the joys of upbringing their own children in stead of duming them with nannies. There would be immediate satisfaction coming from the fruit of your hard work.

but alas, we can't have good things.

In the meantime, lets just cope with this hell that we call earth, infested with people far beneath the level of vermin

You’re a cheerful old so and so, aren’t you? :lol:  Fuck me, you could put the mockers on a mardi gras when you’re in the mood!

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Well you can think what you like really dear, I just mean like...y’know, its your country, I can’t see much benefit in treating a massive chunk of the population as morons or your enemies.

They started it! :lol: 

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

The fact is I can say almost certainly that a lot of people voted for Trump because they thought he was the answer.

See that's fair enough if we're still in 2016 then yeah I can at least partially understand that stance. If they still believe that now then I can't think of any way to excuse them. :shrugs: 

• GNFNR 1
18 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

You’re a cheerful old so and so, aren’t you? :lol:  Fuck me, you could put the mockers on a mardi gras when you’re in the mood!

wouldn't it be nice, though, Len?

forests as far as you can see. cows running free in the wild. the love of a man for his wife and kids. we go to sleep as the sun goes down. we only have water to drink, and the food that nature gives us.

you could live there too, in the forest. a couple of miles down the road. we could trade of goods. the rabbits you hunted, for the firewood that I logged. not too often though, as I like my peace and quiet. We could have a glass of water and laugh about the old days, when things were so much worse. how there were silly things like left and right parties, while the truth always lay in the middle as they say.

• Haha 2
10 minutes ago, Dazey said:

They started it! :lol: 

8 minutes ago, Dazey said:

See that's fair enough if we're still in 2016 then yeah I can at least partially understand that stance. If they still believe that now then I can't think of any way to excuse them. :shrugs: 

Overall, even if he is voted out, he is an interesting signpost as to the general consensus in America on certain topics and how America feels.  The fact he won an election says that, to varying degrees, the things he says strike a chord with a great cross-section of the people there, that is something to be ignored at your (not yours, the opposing sides) peril.  You can't just write people off as cunts and thick etc etc. 

Surely part of whats offensive about Trump is his petulant uncivilised inability to engage in productive discourse and you run the risk of becoming what you're kicking against if you refuse to entertain the ideas of such a great many people as it took to vote Trump in.  There's a lack of awareness there and an out-of-touch-ness to it all, the way everyone (including myself) was laughing at Trumps prospects of getting in, with everyone thinking he was just a loudmouth wanker that didn't have a snowballs chance...and look, he ends up winning.  Its almost like Brexit in the way that pro-Brexit people were written off as a bunch of old fashioned old cunts and they'd never win and they were just deluded ignorant little Englanders.  You can't ignore and alienate and marginalize people like that, democracy is designed to slap the arrogance out of you when you start doing things like that, Trumps victory is proof of that.

Just now, Len Cnut said:

Overall, even if he is voted out, he is an interesting signpost as to the general consensus in America on certain topics and how America feels.  The fact he won an election says that, to varying degrees, the things he says strike a chord with a great cross-section of the people there, that is something to be ignored at your (not yours, the opposing sides) peril.  You can't just write people off as cunts and thick etc etc. 

You can if they still want to vote for that cunt after the last 4 years. :lol: 

• Haha 1
Just now, Dazey said:

You can if they still want to vote for that cunt after the last 4 years. :lol: 

Be that as it may, their voice will be heard.  Its like how you give Dies' a bit of stick for his fisheries thing, now whether that shit is right or not I don't know, I'm not educated enough but you of all people must know/understand, coming from where you come from, the frustrations of marginalized communities that have suffered ecomonically and end up feeling like they don't have a voice.  Its people from places like your manor that voted for Brexit and though obviously you don't agree you more than anyone, certainly more than someone like me, must understand intrisically something about the way those people feel, surely you can't think those feelings are entirely without merit? 

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Be that as it may, their voice will be heard.  Its like how you give Dies' a bit of stick for his fisheries thing, now whether that shit is right or not I don't know, I'm not educated enough but you of all people must know/understand, coming from where you come from, the frustrations of marginalized communities that have suffered ecomonically and end up feeling like they don't have a voice.  Its people from places like your manor that voted for Brexit and though obviously you don't agree you more than anyone, certainly more than someone like me, must understand intrisically something about the way those people feel, surely you can't think those feelings are entirely without merit? 

Yeah and the people from my neck of the woods fell into the same trap as Trump voters 4 years ago. A better comparison would be if Brexiters still think it's a good idea in 4 years time. 

1 minute ago, Dazey said:

Yeah and the people from my neck of the woods fell into the same trap as Trump voters 4 years ago. A better comparison would be if Brexiters still think it's a good idea in 4 years time. 

Right, so you engage with people, you talk with em...I mean this ain't the North London derby y'know, it ain't about cunting people off and 'ahhhhhh, my side won!', its literally life and death, this sort of thing (well, so's the North London derby actually :lol:).

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

Right, so you engage with people, you talk with em...I mean this ain't the North London derby y'know, it ain't about cunting people off and 'ahhhhhh, my side won!', its literally life and death, this sort of thing (well, so's the North London derby actually :lol:).

Mate, when I go home I'll be sitting in the pub and they're all raging Brexiters banging on about wogs and coons and how Uncle Enoch had the right idea. I mean it sounds funny in theory but I find it a little draining if truth be told. :lol:  

2 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Mate, when I go home I'll be sitting in the pub and they're all raging Brexiters banging on about wogs and coons and how Uncle Enoch had the right idea. I mean it sounds funny in theory but I find it a little draining if truth be told. :lol:  

But when you get past all that there's a dissatisfaction there and its often more to do with an inability to reconcile oneself with their own particular plight.  All the wogs and coons stuff is just...periphery really.  Window dressing disguising the real problem.  I mean how can their problem really be with wogs and coons, there ain't none up there as far as I know :lol:  If you talk to people, say your piece in a thorough non-patronizing way then you get through...eventually, not to everyone but you do get through.  Its just a little more difficult that writing them off as cunts, though there clearly are cunty aspects to them as there are with anyone.  

When you start to write people off it is the death of discourse and without discourse politics is no longer politics.  Remember, a great many of those people are probably old time leftists, leftists are supposed to be about the equality of all man and workers unite and all that game.

9 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

But when you get past all that there's a dissatisfaction there and its often more to do with an inability to reconcile oneself with their own particular plight.  All the wogs and coons stuff is just...periphery really.  Window dressing disguising the real problem.  I mean how can their problem really be with wogs and coons, there ain't none up there as far as I know :lol: 

There ain't no fishermen either but some of the cunts can't let that one go. :lol: 

Edited by Dazey
  • Haha 1
38 minutes ago, action said:

wouldn't it be nice, though, Len?

forests as far as you can see. cows running free in the wild. the love of a man for his wife and kids. we go to sleep as the sun goes down. we only have water to drink, and the food that nature gives us.

you could live there too, in the forest. a couple of miles down the road. we could trade of goods. the rabbits you hunted, for the firewood that I logged. not too often though, as I like my peace and quiet. We could have a glass of water and laugh about the old days, when things were so much worse. how there were silly things like left and right parties, while the truth always lay in the middle as they say.

...add some homemade wine/beer and some homegrown medicinal herbs and we're in!

:P

• Haha 1
35 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

...add some homemade wine/beer and some homegrown medicinal herbs and we're in!

:P

Yeah, I was thinking ‘he’s almost describing my life’ and then you brought it home! Haha

Beer is what inspired civilization as we know it to begin with. So, I’m sure it could do it again in actions post apocalyptic utopia as well! lol

• Haha 1
14 minutes ago, Jakey Styley said:

Trump will undergo a medical examination on Fox News tonight.

Please be an autopsy! Please be an autopsy! :lol: 

• Haha 1
  • downzy changed the title to The US Politics/Elections Thread
  • downzy locked this topic