The US Politics/Elections Thread

@Len Cnut I think my tolerance for ignorance has just hit an all time low this year. The fact that he has politicized a fucking virus of all things continues to blow my mind. His conduct (seriously, shit posting about my Governor yesterday after a terrorist group planned to kidnap her, wtf is that?!) just leads to me realize that there are just a lot of straight up bad or stupid people in the USA. You have goon cultists literally spewing shit because it "owns the libs", what the fuck is that mindset?

I am not like some die hard Democrat, I think the party system is dumb as fuck and literally designed to be divisive. I just have eyes and ears, and it is very blatant to see he is unfit for his role. He is a TV star, that got famous for being an asshole. It is unfunny that he is president at this point, especially with the world facing its biggest crisis since WWII. Some idiots are glued to propaganda like Fox so I can see how it melts and molds their brains to fit a specific agenda, but even then, you should not be able to deny how dangerous he is at the helm. Before idiots jump in to bring up CNN, I know they are another side of a coin (but a lot less radical). He is blatantly ignorant and hateful, and now a lot of his die hard supporters don't even bother to hide that. Why should they?

It is fucked, and it is beyond political disagreements. NBC or Fox should take one for the team, offer the guy the biggest TV deal in history, and just have him do a show. He would probably leave office for that. 

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1
  • Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• downzy

• Dazey

• soon

• Georgy Zhukov

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Donald Trump just grabbed America by the pussy

Posted Images

47 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

@Len Cnut I think my tolerance for ignorance has just hit an all time low this year. The fact that he has politicized a fucking virus of all things continues to blow my mind. His conduct (seriously, shit posting about my Governor yesterday after a terrorist group planned to kidnap her, wtf is that?!) just leads to me realize that there are just a lot of straight up bad or stupid people in the USA. You have goon cultists literally spewing shit because it "owns the libs", what the fuck is that mindset?

I am not like some die hard Democrat, I think the party system is dumb as fuck and literally designed to be divisive. I just have eyes and ears, and it is very blatant to see he is unfit for his role. He is a TV star, that got famous for being an asshole. It is unfunny that he is president at this point, especially with the world facing its biggest crisis since WWII. Some idiots are glued to propaganda like Fox so I can see how it melts and molds their brains to fit a specific agenda, but even then, you should not be able to deny how dangerous he is at the helm. Before idiots jump in to bring up CNN, I know they are another side of a coin (but a lot less radical). He is blatantly ignorant and hateful, and now a lot of his die hard supporters don't even bother to hide that. Why should they?

It is fucked, and it is beyond political disagreements. NBC or Fox should take one for the team, offer the guy the biggest TV deal in history, and just have him do a show. He would probably leave office for that. 

:D 

• Like 1

I just want some empathy and decorum in our government, how is that such a controversial concept? There is no reason things should be as shitty as they are for everyone (virus aside). I say that as someone with stability, a decent job, and a career path (could be better, could be worse). Imagine what it is like for so many millions who don't and who are kept being pushed down. 

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

I think the party system is dumb as fuck and literally designed to be divisive

The problem is the politicians. You can ran for office as member of a given party. But once you win forget the party. You are representing those who voted for you AND also those who DIDN'T. That's the part elected officials don't understand. And it gets worst when they only represent themselves or special interest groups. This is not only a problem in the U.S. It also happens in many places around the world

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, Dazey said:

New York Times drops another bombshell. 

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/10/09/us/donald-trump-taxes-las-vegas.html

You’ve got to believe that they’re saving the best till last. I can’t wait to see what gets dropped over the next three weeks. 

I don't think they're the only ones holding dirt back for the final week.  

48 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I just want some empathy and decorum in our government, how is that such a controversial concept?

Its not, its literally the most precious notion in politics...but the way it is achieved is not by alienating, ignoring, writing off or vilifying the opposition, even if that is what they are doing.  The problem with ignorance is that the prospect of stooping down to its level to tell it what you think of it is too alluring a prospect but you have to be better than that, you have to exercise the dacorum that you speak of and illustrate that you are better than that.  

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, soon said:

The Wolverine Watchman :lol: Just look at all those incels! :lol:

One of them was living in a hole under a vacuum store. A true specimen of Western Chauvinism :rofl-lol:

I'm pretty sure some of them use to post here, and now post on another GNR forum.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Its not, its literally the most precious notion in politics...but the way it is achieved is not by alienating, ignoring, writing off or vilifying the opposition, even if that is what they are doing.  The problem with ignorance is that the prospect of stooping down to its level to tell it what you think of it is too alluring a prospect but you have to be better than that, you have to exercise the dacorum that you speak of and illustrate that you are better than that.  

I think this is something that I struggle with. From the first time I became aware of who Donald Trump was, my first impression was 'this guy is an awful human being.' Fair enough, that was watching a documentary called You've Been Trumped which documented his purchase of an estate in the Northeast of Scotland and its conversion into a golf resort, highlighting the environmental damage done and his treatment of those who had land nearby and wouldn't sell. Needless to say, it didn't paint a very flattering picture of the man, but honestly most of the brush strokes were his own. He came across as arrogant, overconfident, sleazy, stupid, wilfully ignorant, selfish, a bully, irresponsible... the list goes on. Any even slightly superficial reading of his business, political or personal dealings has only provided an abundance of evidence to back up that view of him.

If someone looks at him and isn't horrified/repulsed, then they're either ignoring a fuckton of evidence, or their notion of what's 'good' is so removed from mine that I think I'd seriously struggle to describe them as 'good' either. I can't imagine what it would be like to be the sort of person that admires someone like Donald Trump (or for that matter, Boris Johnson or any of his party) or even shares similar sorts of ideals and I'm not sure I find it a particularly helpful notion that because there are a lot of them, their politics must have some sort of merit. I am a democrat (as in, I believe in democracy), but I reserve the right to hold the majority in contempt if they vote for something I think is morally horrible.

• GNFNR 1

Just had dinner with my grandparents and my gf and I got a list of buzzwords from my grandma why Democrats are evil and how she was shocked we are voting for Biden.

I asked what was wrong with Biden and she said "he was with Obama". I asked what was wrong with Obama and she said "he is Muslim". 

That was fun!

A least they made lamb chops

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Haha 1
10 hours ago, Padme said:

You are representing those who voted for you AND also those who DIDN'T. That's the part elected officials don't understand.

A rep is definitely representing those who voted for them and not those who didn't, or else they'd get 100% of the vote. They're representing the majority interest of their district at the time of election. And once they sway public opinion away from a majority or step down they get voted out. I guess technically they represent everyone by their title, but only if you take it absolutely literally.

15 minutes ago, daile1bm said:

A rep is definitely representing those who voted for them and not those who didn't, or else they'd get 100% of the vote. They're representing the majority interest of their district at the time of election. And once they sway public opinion away from a majority or step down they get voted out. I guess technically they represent everyone by their title, but only if you take it absolutely literally.

Do you think Trump gives a shit what happens to those who didn’t or won’t vote for him?  It’s not simply adhering or supporting majority opinion, but providing even concern and competent leadership to everyone who you represent, not just those who voted for you. 

40 minutes ago, daile1bm said:

If you are the President. You are the President of the whole country. If you are a Senator you are the Senator of everyone living in your State. If you are a Governor, you are the Governor of the State. You don't represent just a group of people only.  You can't go like "This given town voted for me so I listen to their problems and I take care of them" " But that other given town didn't vote for me so fuck them"

5 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Just had dinner with my grandparents and my gf and I got a list of buzzwords from my grandma why Democrats are evil and how she was shocked we are voting for Biden.

I asked what was wrong with Biden and she said "he was with Obama". I asked what was wrong with Obama and she said "he is Muslim". 

That was fun!

A least they made lamb chops

I bet I'd enjoy having dinner with your grandparents and You'd love my mother in law.  She won't speak to me because I'm a Trump supporter.  I had a birthday party for my daughter over the weekend and she wouldn't even look at me.  You're grandma is right about democrats being evil btw.

• Haha 1

It seems everyone is overly politicised these days. In the old days this was like sex or religion, i.e., taboo - you didn't talk about it! There are actually more important things than politics, family being one, you know?

Sod it: I'd add sport, films and music onto that list. 

Edited by DieselDaisy
2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

It seems everyone is overly politicised these days. In the old days this was like sex or religion, i.e., taboo - you didn't talk about it! There are actually more important things than politics, family being one, you know?

Sod it: I'd add sport, films and music onto that list. 

Speaking of such topics, its thanksgiving weekend here. Thanksgiving 2020, what could go wrong? :lol::lol:

3 hours ago, Swampfox said:

I bet I'd enjoy having dinner with your grandparents and You'd love my mother in law.  She won't speak to me because I'm a Trump supporter.  I had a birthday party for my daughter over the weekend and she wouldn't even look at me.  You're grandma is right about democrats being evil btw.

You're right, I can't believe that a bunch of Democrats were just arrested by the FBI for plotting to kidnap and murder the governor of Michigan. :lol: 

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, Swampfox said:

:lol:

• downzy changed the title to The US Politics/Elections Thread
  • downzy locked this topic