• Dazey

• soon

• Georgy Zhukov

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Donald Trump just grabbed America by the pussy

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

They're bat shit crazy.  If you're confused about being a boy or a girl you need help.  It's a mental illness.  Any parent that encourages their child to be transgender is a shitty parent.  If my son ever tells me he identifies as a woman he'll go straight to a psychiatrist to get help.  

Transgender people aren’t that way because their parents encouraged it (it’s usually the complete opposite).  If a kid actually is transgender you can’t change that as a parent and neither can a psychiatrist (though they should absolutely see a psychiatrist).  All you can do is decide whether you actually love your child or not. As a member of a family who has gone through this I know what the fuck I’m talking about. 

• Like 4
9 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

I actually met a guy who is a member of QAnon working on his house.  He was fucking crazy.  I have to agree with you on QAnon.  I had no idea what it was until I met this guy and he really believed RBG was already dead and JFK jr. was in disguise at all the Trump rallies.

Almost as funny as some loser calling me swampbutt.

Well then show some respect for that family. It takes guts to go on t.v. and adress that kind of issue. It has to be difficult for everyone involved. They told Biden because they were looking for his empathy not for your bully.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Don't be daft. No one is saying to throw transgenders off buildings here. The key here is not pushing back against an 8 year that decides they want to switch their gender. Why would that decision be left to an 8 year old with no pushback or investigation of what's really going on? That's just insane to me.

Switch their gender? :lol: These are kids we are talking about, who decides to dress and behave as a different gender. We are not talking about surgery to change genders :lol:

• Like 1

Discussion around transgender people is kind of useless because too many people come from different starting points. Similar, and likely still, to discussions regarding sexual orientation, too many people see transgendered as a form of mental illness or perversion. You’re not going to find middle ground with these folks.

I get that some in this thread believe that Biden being open to an eight year old being transgendered is an invalidation as Biden both as a person and as a candidate. But I believe that speaks more to that person’s limited view on gender and its spectrum than it does about Biden as a person and as a candidate.  The false equivalency used to denigrate Biden and his supporters as catholics because he and other Catholics don’t recoil in horror at the thought of a child (or anyone) being transgendered is absurd. Catholicism isn’t one thing. If it were, Catholicism would be a monolithic ethos, which, if anyone has spent any time with more than one Catholic, it clearly isn’t. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
1 hour ago, Swampfox said:

If an 8 year old wants to have their dick cut off they're mentally ill.

?? The discussion was about identifying as another gender, not going through sex reassignment surgery. No responsible parent, nor responsible surgeon, would change the sex of a kid! We are talking about kids being transgender, i.e. identifying as a different gender, i.e likely crossdressing, not transsexualism!

55 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

I bet you understand trans better than anyone.  

Understanding the situation of people who identify as a different gender than their biological sex is only positive, Yet you use it as an insult. Shame on you.

• Like 3
46 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

They're bat shit crazy.  If you're confused about being a boy or a girl you need help.  It's a mental illness. 

:o

Boys who feel like girls are batshit crazy. Swampfox have spoken.

44 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

He's pandering to the radical far left.  This topic is comical even to sane people on the left.

Pandering? He is being given a question and of course he answers against discrimination.

• Like 2
51 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

They're bat shit crazy.  If you're confused about being a boy or a girl you need help.  It's a mental illness.  Any parent that encourages their child to be transgender is a shitty parent.  If my son ever tells me he identifies as a woman he'll go straight to a psychiatrist to get help.  @soon would have gotten the help he needed if I was his/her/they/them/their father.

Mine would be doused in Brut, drip-fed Brown Ale intravenously and forced to watch 24 hour sport.

15 minutes ago, downzy said:

Discussion around transgender people is kind of useless because too many people come from different starting points. Similar, and likely still, to discussions regarding sexual orientation, too many people see transgendered as a form of mental illness or perversion. You’re not going to find middle ground with these folks.

I get that some in this thread believe that Biden being open to an eight year old being transgendered is an invalidation as Biden both as a person and as a candidate. But I believe that speaks more to that person’s limited view on gender and its spectrum than it does about Biden as a person and as a candidate.  The false equivalency used to denigrate Biden and his supporters as catholics because he and other Catholics don’t recoil in horror at the thought of a child (or anyone) being transgendered is absurd. Catholicism isn’t one thing. If it were, Catholicism would be a monolithic ethos, which, if anyone has spent any time with more than one Catholic, it clearly isn’t. 

I understand what you’re saying but also.... I feel it’s sometimes necessary to call a fuckwit a fuckwit. But this is personal to me and I’m aware of that 🤣

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Angelica said:

I understand what you’re saying but also.... I feel it’s sometimes necessary to call a fuckwit a fuckwit. But this is personal to me and I’m aware of that 🤣

Stupidity, ignorance and hate is always personal to me :D

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1
4 minutes ago, Angelica said:

I absolutely agree.  It’s important to push back on ignorance and callousness.

My only real point is that we’re never going to reach these people. They believe transgendered individuals are subhuman; an abomination. They can’t see these people as people because their own ego and self worth are tied to their warped feelings of superiority.

• Like 2

Poor Trump...  Lost what he cares about most:

The Trump show at this point reminds me of tv shows that have long lived passed their prime. It’s like the Simpsons. At some point most people start to wonder why they keep making the same show. Time to cancel this grotesquery and put it out of its misery.  It’s boring at this point. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

What I would have liked to know is why do they care if kids want to be another gender? I want to challenge them to try to investigate why that bothers them so much. How does it matter to them if an 8-year old crossdresses or insists on having another name? Who are the victims here? I don't care what the outcome of the discussion in terms of who posts the funniest reply or makes the most sense or gets the last word, I just want them to think and go, "why does it matter to me?". 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, downzy said:

I absolutely agree.  It’s important to push back on ignorance and callousness.

My only real point is that we’re never going to reach these people. They believe transgendered individuals are subhuman; an abomination. They can’t see these people as people because their own ego and self worth are tied to their warped feelings of superiority.

I know. That’s  also why I usually don’t post in this thread....though I also end up counting  on you in particular to represent me which is insanely unfair. 🤣 ❤️

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

What I would have liked to know is why do they care if kids want to be another gender? I want to challenge them to try to investigate why that bothers them so much. How does it matter to them if an 8-year old crossdresses or insists on having another name? Who are the victims here? I don't care what the outcome of the discussion in terms of who posts the funniest reply or makes the most sense or gets the last word, I just want them to think and go, "why does it matter to me?". 

I agree, but I would be shocked if you ever reached your goal.  If you're still a Trump supporter at this point, you're probably not full of self-awareness.  The fact that Trump will not deny the theories behind Qanon says more about the people who still support Trump at this point than it says about Trump.

It's a rehash of the old conversation around same-sex marriage.  Maybe some who were against gay rights and the ability of gay people to marry came around on the issue, but many to most did not.  They just seem incapable or unwilling to ask why something that doesn't affect them personally matters to them.  They'll chalk it up to values or religion.  It's a dodge because they can't or won't do anything outside of the shallowest examinations of the issues.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, downzy said:

Poor Trump...  Lost what he cares about most:

The Trump show at this point reminds me of tv shows that have long lived passed their prime. It’s like the Simpsons. At some point most people start to wonder why they keep making the same show. Time to cancel this grotesquery and put it out of its misery.  It’s boring at this point. 

And Trump is going to say that the TV rating system is rigged. He is going to believe whatever ratings numbers Fox News, Proud Boys, QAnon and Alt. Right could come up with.

I wish they could do a State by State ratings. I would like to know the TV rating in Georgia, Florida, Noth Carolina or Michigan

• Like 1

This story is a small, but perfect, representation of what a clusterfuck the Trump administration is:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/16/judge-trump-russia-probe-declassification-429832

A few weeks ago Trump tweeted out that he's declassifying all information relating to the Russia investigation.  He even specifically stated that all documents will be released with no redactions.

Buzzfeed then filed a legal motion to have the full Mueller Report released, since it relates to the Russia investigation.  The DOJ then had to go before the judge and argue that Trump's tweets weren't binding; that Trump wasn't saying what he really was saying.

The judge is now requesting a specific declaration by Trump that acknowledges his tweet was full of shit.  Otherwise he'll grant Buzzfeed's request to have the entire Mueller report redacted and released, something Trump and the DOJ do not want.

What a clusterfuck.  

45 minutes ago, Jakey Styley said:

I thought the reporter last night on Trump's town hall was fantastic. That is exactly the kind of toughness and pushing that journalists should be hitting every candidate with.

I agree to a point.  I think candidates should be pushed to defend their positions and any contradictions.  

At the same time, let's not pretend that both Biden and Trump are making the same campaign pitches worthy of the same level of scrutiny.  It's not Biden who openly questions the severity and science of the pandemic and the appropriate responses.  It's not the Biden campaign that fails any semblance of transparency with respect to covid testing of the candidate and campaign officials.  It's not Biden wading into conspiratorial waters or finds it challenging to accept the possibility he might lose the election.

A journalist should make every effort to bring candidates to account.  But the truth is some candidates have more to account for than others.  

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, downzy said:

I agree to a point.  I think candidates should be pushed to defend their positions and any contradictions.  

At the same time, let's not pretend that both Biden and Trump are making the same campaign pitches worthy of the same level of scrutiny.  It's not Biden who openly questions the severity and science of the pandemic and the appropriate responses.  It's not the Biden campaign that fails any semblance of transparency with respect to covid testing of the candidate and campaign officials.  It's not Biden wading into conspiratorial waters or finds it challenging to accept the possibility he might lose the election.

A journalist should make every effort to bring candidates to account.  But the truth is some candidates have more to account for than others.  

For sure, which gets to the important point that I think conservatives almost always miss when complaining (reasonably, though) about media bias towards Trump - even if we could magically erase all bias from the media, you just can't cover this person in a positive light when he's saying or doing something ridiculous on a near daily basis. It's impossible to do so without being misleading or omitting a lot of information.

Still, on the fewer issues that Biden has to answer for, he's just not pushed as hard as Trump is. 

Speaking of bias, does anyone think anything will come out of the Senate subpoenaing the Twitter CEO next week?

Twitter made a terrible call of judgment that they should answer for. Perhaps the Hunter stuff will prove to be bullshit, but the standard they applied to that NY Post article would never be applied to stories leaning in the opposite direction. It hasn't in the past. They really give conservatives ammo when they do shit like this.

For all the complaining from the right about Big Tech bias, I would like to see them propose some solutions. Maybe (big maybe) this is the beginning of a movement in that direction.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Jakey Styley said:

For sure, which gets to the important point that I think conservatives almost always miss when complaining (reasonably, though) about media bias towards Trump - even if we could magically erase all bias from the media, you just can't cover this person in a positive light when he's saying or doing something ridiculous on a near daily basis. It's impossible to do so without being misleading or omitting a lot of information.

Still, on the fewer issues that Biden has to answer for, he's just not pushed as hard as Trump is. 

I would agree with both of those points. I think it’s fair to suggest that Biden hasn’t been grilled as much as Trump in the few areas that still need more clarification (specifically the issues around the filibuster and expanding the courts).

That said, I do find anyone who complains about bias is usually someone who can’t defend their preferred candidate’s positions or track record. It’s far easier for a Trump defender to rile against supposed or real media bias then provide an honest assessment of Trump’s record and character.

I wish people would spend less time on bias and more on validity. We would be better served if people asked whether a question posed to a candidate is important and valid and also whether the answer was sincere and honest. The focus on bias, by both sides, is a waste of time.  

44 minutes ago, Jakey Styley said:

Speaking of bias, does anyone think anything will come out of the Senate subpoenaing the Twitter CEO next week?

Twitter made a terrible call of judgment that they should answer for. Perhaps the Hunter stuff will prove to be bullshit, but the standard they applied to that NY Post article would never be applied to stories leaning in the opposite direction. It hasn't in the past. They really give conservatives ammo when they do shit like this.

For all the complaining from the right about Big Tech bias, I would like to see them propose some solutions. Maybe (big maybe) this is the beginning of a movement in that direction.

If its anything like the Zucks hearing, it'll mainly just be Dorsey helping the older senators set up a twitter account. haha

But thats not the only generational thing imho. I think the general culture of social media leadership wont change until a new generation takes over.* The current leadership have found huge success with the silicon valley ethos of "Only think about the user. Nothing else, not even the money." In fact even the investors thought that sounded good, as they forked over millions and million of dollars. Im not confident that they can go from that ethos to "The free world and future democracy is my responsibility. So I will only think about protecting liberty and the user experience."

I think it will take a fresh look and the benefit of hindsight to produce new leaders who are more in tune with just what these platforms are and how to lead them. (Or we nationalize them along with all communication infrastructures!)

*Although TikTok appearing from the far east could potentially signal the end of the wild west and the user-creator/ rock star model.

EDIT: No idea if hearing would impact voters. Geeked out on tech and lost track of the question being asked :lol:

Edited by soon
  • downzy changed the title to The US Politics/Elections Thread
  • downzy locked this topic