The US Politics/Elections Thread

Another Presidential debate tonight. I hope the candidates tell us what they will try to do for Americans, because I doubt it will get done.

Trump got that woman in for Supreme Court judge, so he seems to be on a roll.

Where is the next stimulus? So many people still out of work and possibly homeless.

I also saw on CNN that a lot of immigrant children are still separated from their parents and possibly their parents are back in Mexico or Latin America and the kids are stranded here. How sad is this?

• Like 1
  • Replies 29.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• downzy

• Dazey

• soon

• Georgy Zhukov

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Donald Trump just grabbed America by the pussy

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Swampfox said:

I still don’t understand how any of this matters.  Even if we accept what this report or Hunter’s former business partner says is true (which, is still not a given), what does this say or prove?

Moreover, how is it any different than what Trump does with his kids with respect to communications about the hotel/resort business?

5 minutes ago, downzy said:

The polling shift between 2016 and 2020 is dramatic, to say the least:

Ha, for all of Trump's virtue signaling about how great he was for black voters, he picked up a whole...3 points! So much for Candace Owens and her Blexit grift.

3 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Ha, for all of Trump's virtue signaling about how great he was for black voters, he picked up a whole...3 points! So much for Candace Owens and her Blexit grift.

If Trump had been able to keep his margins close with white voters and women, then the small movements in the black and latino vote would mean something.  

But yeah, a whole lot of noise about nothing. 

I commend liberalism for changing to accommodate societal progress by rejecting the childishness, bigotry and ignorance of the passé fringe movement of Secular Fundamentalism. In doing so liberalism bids to remain relevant. And that’s so important for our democracy.

13 hours ago, Dazey said:

I think that the issue is less with the actual perpetrators in which case your analogy holds. The problem is with the leadership who systematically enabled and protected the perpetrators for decades.

I understand.  The vast majority of the 1.2 Billion members of the Catholic Church are just as upset (and extremely embarrassed/angered/saddened) about the scandal.  You won't find them defending members that conspired to cover it up. 

That said, when the first words out of someone's mouth in reference to the Church is, "They're a bunch of pedophiles (or worse)"....it tends to be offensive (and hurtful) to the 1.2 billion members that are innocent of such abominations; the vast majority (at least try) to live ethical lives and are responsible for billions of dollars in donations that go towards vast worldwide charities. 

Edited by Ace Nova
17 hours ago, 31illusions said:

Have to say this is very disturbing as the Vatican's stance has long been that homosexual acts are “intrinsically disordered.” In a previous document from the Vatican’s doctrine office stated the church’s respect for gay people “cannot lead in any way to approval of homosexual behavior or to legal recognition of homosexual unions." Doing so, the Vatican reasoned, would not only condone “deviant behavior,” but create an equivalence to marriage, which the church holds is an indissoluble union between man and woman.

I don't think the stance has gone from "Disapproving" to "Approving". 

It's closer to: "Disapproving" to "It's not for us to judge"...which is much closer to the New Testament teachings of Christ, imo.   Since it's "Not for us to judge" the Pope feels that as humans, they have a right to be in a civil union. 

And Jesuits (Francis is a Jesuit) historically have been the strongest proponents of human rights (within the Church) and usually focus on Christ's two "Most important" Commandments above all. 

What’s remarkable about this ad is that it’s attempt to tie the Republican opponent to Trump. That’s remarkable since the race is in a Texas county Trump won by 14 points in 2016 that now looks to be a toss up:

6 hours ago, downzy said:

I still don’t understand how any of this matters.  Even if we accept what this report or Hunter’s former business partner says is true (which, is still not a given), what does this say or prove?

Moreover, how is it any different than what Trump does with his kids with respect to communications about the hotel/resort business?

It matters because the Bidens used Joe's political power to make billions from China.  That's not a problem?

• Haha 2
5 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

It matters because the Bidens used Joe's political power to make billions from China.  That's not a problem?

Billions?  Says who?

And what political influence did Biden have in 2017?  He wasn’t in politics.

Also, what is the difference between what you’re accusing the Bidens of doing and what the Trump family is currently doing with Donald as President?

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, downzy said:

Billions?  Says who?

And what political influence did Biden have in 2017?  He wasn’t in politics.

Also, what is the difference between what you’re accusing the Bidens of doing and what the Trump family is currently doing with Donald as President?

https://nypost.com/2020/10/22/hunter-ex-partner-tony-bobulinski-calls-joe-biden-a-liar/

If this was Trump you'd be singing a different tune.  And btw, Biden is choking tonight in case you didn't already know.

12 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

https://nypost.com/2020/10/22/hunter-ex-partner-tony-bobulinski-calls-joe-biden-a-liar/

If this was Trump you'd be singing a different tune.  And btw, Biden is choking tonight in case you didn't already know.

The interactions between Hunter and Bobulinki happened in 2017.  Even if Joe was involved, how is this corruption or a crime?  Biden wasn’t in office at the time. 

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Still coming across as a dumb, sadistic lunatic who speaks to dumb, sadistic people to me 

Biden is coming across as having full blown dementia.  He can't get a sentence out without stuttering and looking confused.  Trump is wiping the floor with him tonight.

Edited by Swampfox
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

Biden is coming across as having full blown dementia.  He can't get a sentence out without stuttering and looking confused.  Trump is wiping the floor with him tonight.

Might be because he has a stutter; has had one since childhood. 

Trump was better tonight. But on the issue that people care most about (Covid), Trump did himself no favours. More lies and takes no real responsibility for what has happened to the country.  

26 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

Based on your posting, youu are exactly the kind of voter Trump's behavior caters to. It doesn't matter what Biden would or wouldn't have said

10 minutes ago, 31illusions said:

I never said I would ban fracking

"I will ban fracking"

-Joe Biden

Do you have video of Biden saying he’s going to ban all fracking?

• Like 1
  • downzy changed the title to The US Politics/Elections Thread