The US Politics/Elections Thread

Consistency in argument and position is required if you’re going to succeed in the courts, regardless of whether you run into a judge or justice appointed by a Democrat or Republican. 

The courts are not going to save Trump if Biden wins the initial count in the states he needs to get 270 votes. Those hoping otherwise need to check back in with reality.

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• downzy

• Dazey

• soon

• Georgy Zhukov

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Donald Trump just grabbed America by the pussy

Posted Images

1 hour ago, W. Axl Kev said:

I asked my girlfriend's mother about her opinion of Trump likely losing the election. Her response was that it's "sad but is what it is; "Biden will be a decent leader and the Senate will likely remain Republican which could give us the best of both worlds'." I genuinely believe, for those who support a free market, that might not be far from the truth.

Democrats want to abolish the free market?

8 minutes ago, W. Axl Kev said:

I don't believe I said or implied that, did I?

Hence my question mark. What did you mean to say with the following:

I asked my girlfriend's mother about her opinion of Trump likely losing the election. Her response was that it's "sad but is what it is; "Biden will be a decent leader and the Senate will likely remain Republican which could give us the best of both worlds'." I genuinely believe, for those who support a free market, that might not be far from the truth.

• Like 1

Georgia looking very good for Biden right now. 23,009 votes in it with 257,773 still to be counted. In the most recent update an extra 70,000 votes were added to the tally and 54,000 of those went for Biden. 

Apparently most of the remaining ballots are in heavily Dem leaning areas so I think this should be settled soon. Assuming that Biden continues to gain at the rate he has been in Pennsylvania that takes him to 286 without having to worry about holding onto Arizona and Nevada.

37 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Hence my question mark. What did you mean to say with the following:

I asked my girlfriend's mother about her opinion of Trump likely losing the election. Her response was that it's "sad but is what it is; "Biden will be a decent leader and the Senate will likely remain Republican which could give us the best of both worlds'." I genuinely believe, for those who support a free market, that might not be far from the truth.

I see. I was speaking specifically in reference to an earlier point I made (to Downzy) about the vast majority of republicans being utterly regular people and not racist, xenophobic, anti-immigration etc. etc. etc. In doing so I'd cited the fact my girlfriend's family were voting for Trump but legitimately didn't like the guy for the reasons you probably wouldn't like him, yet agreed with his party's policies concerning the economy.

Was in no way meant as a reference to alternative ideas being an unacceptable alternative. I have many Biden voting friends and I only have respect and admiration for their right to their view.

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

My old mate is out shit-stirring again I see 😂

What an idiot.

All hes doing is explaining what populism is - and hes clearly reading a prepared statement. One wherein a self claimed millionaire, coastal elite, understands the working class.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I recall you finding him quite objectionable around the time of Country Life :lol:  Objectionable or ridiculous, one of the two!

Also liked him but just could have done without the butter adverts and I'm a Celebrity thing.

27 minutes ago, soon said:

What an idiot.

All hes doing is explaining what populism is - and hes clearly reading a prepared statement. One wherein a self claimed millionaire, coastal elite, understands the working class.

Perhaps the viewers of Good Morning Britain could benefit from having it explained to them?  Cuz quite frankly I didn't really know what it meant, I just guessed based on context, I've never looked it up.  Also, John is hardly millionaire elite.  I mean I'm sure he's not scrambling for rent but millionaire elite is a bit much. 

Also, he's as working class as anybody, I doubt there is anyone on this forum that grew up in the sort of abject squalor that John did.

• Like 1

one thing that will be interesting to observe for non-americans, is what america's involvment in international wars will be when Trump should lose.

I say, carefull what you wish for.

How many war deaths, are people willing to sacrifice to get trump out of the white house? Because the only reason war deaths are at such an all time low, is trump and trump alone. I am willing to bet good money that international wars with US involvement will rise again if trump should lose. The war industry is crying for new market ground.

Edited by action
  • Like 1

I'll miss him. He was good entertainment - excellent comic material. As a presidency it was this big tacky celebrity soap opera, Trump and Melanie, full of un-pc faux pas, arrogance, bluster and general dodginess. I don't feel Biden will have the same comic potential somehow - the only comic angle there is that he is ''too old'' really, and likes to sniff people for some reason! Remember when Culshaw described Blair and Bush Jr's tenures ending. Killed off his routine for a number of years. There wasn't much there with Obama and Cameron sadly. 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I'll miss him. He was good entertainment - excellent comic material. As a presidency it was this big tacky celebrity soap opera, Trump and Melanie, full of un-pc faux pas, arrogance, bluster and general dodginess. I don't feel Biden will have the same comic potential somehow - the only comic angle there is that he is ''too old'' really, and likes to sniff people for some reason! Remember when Culshaw described Blair and Bush Jr's tenures ending. Killed off his routine for a number of years. There wasn't much there with Obama and Cameron sadly. 

Well, relatively speaking, Cameron did fuck a dead pig, allegedly :lol:  Trump was a fucking comedians gift from the Gods though. 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Perhaps the viewers of Good Morning Britain could benefit from having it explained to them?  Cuz quite frankly I didn't really know what it meant, I just guessed based on context, I've never looked it up.  Also, John is hardly millionaire elite.  I mean I'm sure he's not scrambling for rent but millionaire elite is a bit much. 

Also, he's as working class as anybody, I doubt there is anyone on this forum that grew up in the sort of abject squalor that John did.

I think you misunderstood me - I didnt say Lydon was a millionaire elite. I was commenting on him suggesting that Trump understood the working class.

He also described the centre-conservative democrats as "left" and "marxist" :lol: And a Brit should know better.

So, no, he shouldnt be called in to educate the viewers of Good Morning Britain.

8 minutes ago, soon said:

I think you misunderstood me - I didnt say Lydon was a millionaire elite. I was commenting on him suggesting that Trump understood the working class.

He also described the centre-conservative democrats as "left" and "marxist" :lol: And a Brit should know better.

So, no, he shouldnt be called in to educate the viewers of Good Morning Britain.

He was there promoting a book actually, they just ask him such questions cuz they know they're gonna get a John-esque answer :lol:

• Haha 1
30 minutes ago, action said:

one thing that will be interesting to observe for non-americans, is what america's involvment in international wars will be when Trump should lose.

I say, carefull what you wish for.

How many war deaths, are people willing to sacrifice to get trump out of the white house? Because the only reason war deaths are at such an all time low, is trump and trump alone. I am willing to bet good money that international wars with US involvement will rise again if trump should lose. The war industry is crying for new market ground.

852d42e036cc0d7e9a876751ffd3b260.jpg

• Haha 1
54 minutes ago, soon said:

He wrote it all down ahead of time too! :lol:

You know, on a lot of these ‘live link ups’ you can’t actually see the person in front of you, they are not always twp-way video links, hence you often find untrained media people looking around, looking down, looking left and right these days.  But even if he did have notes i don’t see whats ever so wrong with that.

• downzy changed the title to The US Politics/Elections Thread
  • downzy locked this topic