The US Politics/Elections Thread

44 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Imagine Trump locks himself in the WH and takes hostages and doesn't want to come out? It could happen with this crackpot.

Those are felonies that come with felony convictions of 5 to 10 years in federal prison.  SWAT and Secret Service would drag him out kicking and screaming.

He's not going to do that.  He'll likely travel down to Mar-a-Lago and never come back, sulking with the remaining few weeks he has left as President.  

• Replies 29.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• downzy

• Dazey

• soon

• Georgy Zhukov

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Donald Trump just grabbed America by the pussy

Posted Images

2 hours ago, downzy said:

No...  Not at all.  Not even close.

There was absolutely instances of collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia.  The issue was whether it reached the level of criminal conspiracy.  Mueller found that it did not.  But there was ample evidence of the Trump campaign in contact and in conversation with various elements of the Russian government.  From the meeting in Trump tower to Manafort providing internal polling data to Russian assets to Roger Stone providing some form of coordination regarding leaking of Russian obtained DNC emails.  The question wasn't whether there was evidence, but whether it was sufficient to define as a criminal conspiracy.

In no way is any of that comparable to what the Trump campaign and its legal team are alleging with the recent election.  There is zero credible evidence that would support anything close to what Giuliani or Powell are suggesting.  

You're either not paying attention or willing to be sincere.   

Ok buddy, and there's also evidence of voter fraud in several swing states.  Maybe not enough to overturn the election but enough to look into and have their case heard in court before any concession.  Why shouldn't the Trump campaign be allowed to contest the election?  With the massive amount of mail in ballots this election was bound to have it's accuracy questioned.  Do you honestly believe democrats aren't capable of fraud and every vote was counted correctly?  Have an open mind for a change.  The dominion voting machines are the biggest red flag out of all the issues being looked into.  Let it go through the courts and if Trump still loses then many more voters will accept the results than if nothing is investigated at all.  He'll probably still say he was robbed but it's important that voters feel confident in the final results.  I'll personally feel much better knowing Trump really lost and the election wasn't fraudulent.  Democrats have been investigating Trump for the better part of four years.  It's been less than a month since election day so just relax and see how the courts decide the case.

• Haha 1

I for one cant fathom how retarded both parties establishments are. That is, until I observe how retarded either parties supporters are. But Im not gonna make desperately lame jokes about it like some slack jawed liberal because the stakes are too high. We are in a climate crisis.

1 hour ago, Swampfox said:

Ok buddy, and there's also evidence of voter fraud in several swing states.  Maybe not enough to overturn the election but enough to look into and have their case heard in court before any concession.  Why shouldn't the Trump campaign be allowed to contest the election?  With the massive amount of mail in ballots this election was bound to have it's accuracy questioned.  Do you honestly believe democrats aren't capable of fraud and every vote was counted correctly?  Have an open mind for a change.  The dominion voting machines are the biggest red flag out of all the issues being looked into.  Let it go through the courts and if Trump still loses then many more voters will accept the results than if nothing is investigated at all.  He'll probably still say he was robbed but it's important that voters feel confident in the final results.  I'll personally feel much better knowing Trump really lost and the election wasn't fraudulent.  Democrats have been investigating Trump for the better part of four years.  It's been less than a month since election day so just relax and see how the courts decide the case.

What evidence of voter fraud is there?

If there isn’t valid evidence of voter fraud sufficient to change the outcome, why is the stated objective of the Trump legal team to have the entire election overturned?

You do realize that every time Trump loses (even sometimes when he wins) he accuses the winning party of fraud, right?  He even accused the Emmy’s of fraud when celebrity apprentice lost for best reality show. 

7 minutes ago, downzy said:

Another one bites the dust...

Surely you're not telling us it was all a load of bullshit? I'm shocked! :lol: 

Just now, ZoSoRose said:

The dipshit is golfing again instead of participating in the G20 summit or the pandemic response

Jail, please

And there are idiots out there who think Trump lost because of fraud. It has nothing to do with his disastrous handling of the pandemic. 

• Wow 1
2 hours ago, downzy said:

What evidence of voter fraud is there?

If there isn’t valid evidence of voter fraud sufficient to change the outcome, why is the stated objective of the Trump legal team to have the entire election overturned?

You do realize that every time Trump loses (even sometimes when he wins) he accuses the winning party of fraud, right?  He even accused the Emmy’s of fraud when celebrity apprentice lost for best reality show. 

Even if this doesn't get the election overturned it should all be looked at.  If there's any fraud going on it should be brought to light so it doesn't happen again for the sake of future elections.  Or do you think it should be ignored because it worked in the democrats favor?  Let me ask you this.  If Rudy and Sidney Powell had no hard evidence to present in court do you really believe they would both destroy their own reputations trying to get an election reversed knowing they would fail?  At the very least they must have some pretty damaging info to present to expose the democrats and any other players involved.  This isn't just about trying to reverse the election.  It's about protecting the integrity of the entire election process.  

• Haha 1
21 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

Even if this doesn't get the election overturned it should all be looked at.  If there's any fraud going on it should be brought to light so it doesn't happen again for the sake of future elections. 

I don't disagree.  But there is a time and place to do that.  States are more than capable of looking into these issues after the election.  The only reason the Trump campaign is concerned is because they're looking for any way to overturn the election.  So far they have provided zero evidence that holds up to scrutiny that would justify that outcome.  It's served as their basis for denying Biden the ability to begin the transition period - something everyone agrees is unnecessary and potentially dangerous.

If Rudy and Sidney Powell had no hard evidence to present in court do you really believe they would both destroy their own reputations trying to get an election reversed knowing they would fail?

What reputations?

Rudy has squandered his reputation years ago.  

Powell doesn't give a shit what liberals think about her.  This is a play to gin up business when Republican candidates need someone to lead their legal teams in 2024.  Failure in court won't matter to their respective audience.  Trump's supporters will blame "liberal judges" and give Trump's legal team a pass. 

At the very least they must have some pretty damaging info to present to expose the democrats and any other players involved.

It's been almost three weeks since the election date.  Where is this evidence?  Why would Rudy essentially be laughed out of federal courts this week largely due to the lack of evidence?  State vote certifications for Michigan and Pennsylvania are Monday and Tuesday.  Don't you think if they had anything of merit they would have presented it by now?  I mean, they have claimed voter fraud from November 4th.  Why such claims if they didn't have the evidence to prove it?

This isn't just about trying to reverse the election.  It's about protecting the integrity of the entire election process.  

No it's not. 

Democrats passed election integrity legislation in the House and Republicans have sat on it in the Senate. 

This is about appeasing a small minded and fragile ego who can't accept the fact he lost.  It has nothing to do with election integrity.  If that were the case, why is the Trump campaign not concerned about the vote in North Carolina, a state Trump won?  Why have they not filed legal actions where Biden was ahead for most of the vote total until just at the end when Trump pulled ahead?  It's the exact same dynamic that happened in Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania, only in reverse.  But Trump and his lawyers don't give a shit about what happened in North Carolina because Trump won.

Please, you can't be this dumb.  

• Like 2

Hasn’t it been the contention by the Trump legal campaign that the election was rigged because of Dominion voting machines in Philadelphia?

Also, Trump actually increased his vote in Philly slightly in 2020 over his 2016 performance.

3 hours ago, Swampfox said:

Even if this doesn't get the election overturned it should all be looked at.  If there's any fraud going on it should be brought to light so it doesn't happen again for the sake of future elections.  Or do you think it should be ignored because it worked in the democrats favor?  Let me ask you this.  If Rudy and Sidney Powell had no hard evidence to present in court do you really believe they would both destroy their own reputations trying to get an election reversed knowing they would fail?  At the very least they must have some pretty damaging info to present to expose the democrats and any other players involved.  This isn't just about trying to reverse the election.  It's about protecting the integrity of the entire election process.  

But it has been looked at and there is no evidence of fraud. Yet Giuliani, Lindsey Graham, Trump himself and others keep claiming fraud.

Sure there's been some issues, it happens all the time. There will always be some software that doesn't work or some signature that doesn't match. But those are isolated cases. It's not the first time it happens and it won't be the last. They don't change the outcome of the election.

8 hours ago, downzy said:

😂

What the Trump team is alleging is the machines are programmed ahead of time to switch a set percentage of votes.  So if Hillary was polling ahead of Trump in Pennsylvania by 3% they would adjust the machine to bump her another 2% in case they were off in their polling.  Problem was in 2016 Trump performed way better than anticipated and the polls were off in several key swing states.  By the next morning it was too late to make any changes to the system.  What is being alleged in 2020 is that the machines were adjusted over night in the states where Trump was ahead and that's why there was such a large swing in Biden's favor.  This is why those states left so many votes to be counted after election day.  Isn't it a strange coincidence that the four swing states Trump was leading on election night all flipped heavy to Biden the next morning?  

22 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

What the Trump team is alleging is the machines are programmed ahead of time to switch a set percentage of votes.  So if Hillary was polling ahead of Trump in Pennsylvania by 3% they would adjust the machine to bump her another 2% in case they were off in their polling.  Problem was in 2016 Trump performed way better than anticipated and the polls were off in several key swing states.  By the next morning it was too late to make any changes to the system.  What is being alleged in 2020 is that the machines were adjusted over night in the states where Trump was ahead and that's why there was such a large swing in Biden's favor.  This is why those states left so many votes to be counted after election day.  Isn't it a strange coincidence that the four swing states Trump was leading on election night all flipped heavy to Biden the next morning?  

Not really. Biden was heavily favoured by mail in and absentee ballots because Trump told his followers not to vote that way. These ballots weren’t counted until the day of the election after in person voting because Republican legislatures in these states refused to allow it. It’s that simple really. If you and I are running against one another and all your voters get counted first you’re obviously going to be in the lead until they start counting my votes.  

Edited by Dazey
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1
On 11/21/2020 at 6:20 AM, Swampfox said:

My insurance costs went up thousands of dollars a year because of the Obamacare luxury tax.  I had a Cadillac plan  before the Affordable Care Act forced my employer to increase the employee contributions as well as increase our co pays and doubled our deductible as to avoid paying the millions of dollars for the luxury tax.  The luxury tax was reversed as part of Trump's tax reform but once you lose something as an employee you never get it back.  Many people like myself felt the hit even though we had perfectly good healthcare before.  My father signed up for Obama Care and says it's garbage.

I guess it was different depending on your individual situation.  For the most part, rates increased for the first few years then levelled off once the market stabilized and because of competition, etc.  My Dad's rates actually decreased after a while.   I never noticed much difference in what I paid through  my employer other than maybe a slight increase here or there.  And when that happened, my employer would bring in another insurance company (for competition) that would typically match the old rate, etc.

51 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Not really. Biden was heavily favoured by mail in and absentee ballots because Trump told his followers not to vote that way. These ballots weren’t counted until the day of the election after in person voting because Republican legislatures in these states refused to allow it. It’s that simple really. If you and I are running against one another and all your voters get counted first you’re obviously going to be in the lead until they start counting my votes.  

Ok and what if a state like Pennsylvania changes a law days before an election so they can count votes received three days after election day.  Those votes might end up being discounted through an eventual Supreme Court ruling.  I'm not saying the voter system allegations are true or false but this is what Trump's lawyers are saying happened.  At the very least they should have every chance to have this investigated.  I still stand by my statement before election day... it will all depend on Pennsylvania.

9 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

Ok and what if a state like Pennsylvania changes a law days before an election so they can count votes received three days after election day.  Those votes might end up being discounted through an eventual Supreme Court ruling.  I'm not saying the voter system allegations are true or false but this is what Trump's lawyers are saying happened.  At the very least they should have every chance to have this investigated.  I still stand by my statement before election day... it will all depend on Pennsylvania.

Biden won well before those votes were counted man, give it up

• Like 1