The US Politics/Elections Thread

15 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

Ok and what if a state like Pennsylvania changes a law days before an election so they can count votes received three days after election day.  Those votes might end up being discounted through an eventual Supreme Court ruling.  I'm not saying the voter system allegations are true or false but this is what Trump's lawyers are saying happened.  At the very least they should have every chance to have this investigated.  I still stand by my statement before election day... it will all depend on Pennsylvania.

Do you realize that it's about 3,000-4,000 votes?  And those ballots were specifically put to the side in case they would need to be thrown out.  This isn't a mystery or some sort of conspiracy.  They knew beforehand that those votes could potentially be challenged in court and that's why they separated those ballots.  It will not make a difference in the results of the election...despite what the far right conspiracy theory circles claim...or want you to believe. 

• Replies 29.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• downzy

• Dazey

• soon

• Georgy Zhukov

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Donald Trump just grabbed America by the pussy

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

Ok and what if a state like Pennsylvania changes a law days before an election so they can count votes received three days after election day.  Those votes might end up being discounted through an eventual Supreme Court ruling.  I'm not saying the voter system allegations are true or false but this is what Trump's lawyers are saying happened.  At the very least they should have every chance to have this investigated.  I still stand by my statement before election day... it will all depend on Pennsylvania.

It's doesn't matter when the votes arrived. It matters the postmark date. If the postmark date is Nov. 1st or even Nov. 3rd that's legal. There is nothing to investigate. Still it was investigated. There were lawsuits. No wrong doing was found. It's not me saying this. The judge rulled that way

The judge seems pissed off. They just mess with the wrong judge :lol:

By Pete Williams

WASHINGTON — A federal judge on Saturday dismissed a lawsuit filed by President Donald Trump's campaign in Pennsylvania, saying it contained "strained legal argument without merit."

U.S. District Court Judge Matthew Brann turned down the request for an injunction, dealing another blow to Trump's hopes of invalidating the election's results.

In his 37-page ruling, Brann said the Trump campaign asked him to “disenfranchise almost seven million voters” and said he could not find any case in which a plaintiff “has sought such a drastic remedy in the contest of an election.”

With such a request, the judge said, one might expect compelling legal argument “and factual proof of rampant corruption.” Instead, Brann added, “this court has been presented with strained legal arguments without merit and speculative accusations.”

“In the United States of America, this cannot justify the disenfranchisement of a single voter, let alone all the voters of its sixth most populated state," Brann wrote in his opinion.

The lawsuit claimed that some counties allowed mail-in voters to cure problems with the ballots by casting a provisional ballots, but some counties did not, which violated the Constitution’s guarantee of equal protection.

But even if that were the basis for seeking some kind of order, Brann said, the remedy sought by the Trump campaign goes too far.

“Rather than requesting that their votes be counted, they seek to discredit scores of other votes, but only for one race," the judge wrote. "This is simply not how the Constitution works.”

The Trump campaign said in a statement that it would be "seeking an expedited appeal to the Third Circuit

"We are disappointed we did not at least get the opportunity to present our evidence at a hearing," the campaign said.

Pennsylvania Sen. Pat Toomey, a Republican who announced earlier this year that he will not run for reelection in 2022, said the ruling by a "longtime conservative Republican" judge, plus other recent legal setbacks for the Trump campaign, marked the beginning of a new administration.

“President Trump has exhausted all plausible legal options to challenge the result of the presidential race in Pennsylvania," Toomey said in a statement. "To ensure that he is remembered for these outstanding accomplishments, President Trump should accept the outcome of the election and facilitate the presidential transition process."

Since Election Day, the Trump campaign has sued the boards of elections in Philadelphia, Allegheny, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, Northampton and Centre counties. The Pennsylvania Supreme Court threw out the lawsuit in Philadelphia on Tuesday, ruling that officials did not violate state law by maintaining at least 15 feet of separation between observers and the workers counting ballots.

“The court saw through the attempts by President Trump and his enablers in Washington and Harrisburg to interfere with democracy,” said Reggie Shuford, executive director of the American Civil Liberties Union of Pennsylvania, in an emailed statement. “The people of Pennsylvania have had their say, and it is time to put this election behind us.”

Terrie Griffin, co-president of the League of Women Voters of Pennsylvania, said Saturday's ruling shows that it's "time to move past the desperate accusations, stop the perpetuation of false claims, and accept the choices of Pennsylvania voters.”

“Pennsylvania voters have spoken in greater numbers than ever before, and today’s decision confirms the sanctity of the vote,” she said in a statement.

Pennsylvania Attorney General Josh Shapiro, a Democrat, tweeted shortly after Brann's ruling, saying “Another one bites the dust.”

8 hours ago, Swampfox said:

The issue as I see it is that you're right in saying that genuine credible allegations should be investigated but they do have to be credible. Otherwise we could well be looking at a future where anybody can just cry foul and demand election results be discarded while presenting no corroborative evidence. As it stands it's up to the Trump campaign to present credible evidence which can then lead to action being taken. In all the swing states with the exception of Wisconsin and Georgia Biden won by more than the margin that would allow a recount so Trump needs to prove in court than enough votes were cast fraudulently to reduce that margin so he can request a  recount or win outright but that can't happen if he has nothing to present in court. 

10 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

I agree with everything your saying.  If they don't have what they need at this stage of the game it's time to cut the cord already.  But the fact they're still going this hard makes me think they could have what they need.  

I'm thinking that the defenestration of Sidney Powell is going to be a turning point here for the wider GOP if not for Trump himself. She was the one who was basically pushing the vast voter machine conspiracy without which Rudy's basically left with his mail in ballot angle which is looking more and more desperate by the day. I think PA and MI certify on schedule tomorrow and Nevada on Tuesday and that will be the beginning of the end. 

Edited by Dazey

What I don’t understand is how Trumpsters believe that Sydney Powell can still continue to litigate the election if she is not apart of the Trump legal team.

Who does she now represent?

Any legal action she might bring will be tossed before she even makes a case since she will have zero standing before the court.

But of course basic legal concepts such as standing is probably too complicated for anyone who still believes Powell will somehow save the day for Trump. 

2 hours ago, downzy said:

What I don’t understand is how Trumpsters believe that Sydney Powell can still continue to litigate the election if she is not apart of the Trump legal team.

Who does she now represent?

Any legal action she might bring will be tossed before she even makes a case since she will have zero standing before the court.

But of course basic legal concepts such as standing is probably too complicated for anyone who still believes Powell will somehow save the day for Trump. 

No sane person believes this election even has a chance of swaying remotely Trump's way. Only morons actually believe in this sick circus he and his stooges are peddling.

It's just pitiful to watch

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

No sane person believes this election even has a chance of swaying remotely Trump's way. Only morons actually believe in this sick circus he and his stooges are peddling.

It's just pitiful to watch

It’s both pitiful and, quite frankly, amazing.

Some of the same people who were convinced Trump was going to win in a landslide have now somehow convinced themselves that massive election fraud will be unearthed any day; that Powell’s insane conspiracies involving members of the GOP, Venezuela, the DNC, voting computer systems, and Biden all conspired to rig the election. It’s so unhinged but on they go, further down the rabbit hole.

At some point you would think these people would stop and say, “well, I’ve been wrong about literally everything up until this point, maybe I need to change my perspective.”  But they don’t. They double down.  How wrong does one have to be before they give it up?  I guess there is no bottom for these people. They keep eating shit and going back for another helping. Whatever it takes to justify those deep seeded feelings. It’s almost enough to make one feel sorry for them.  

12 minutes ago, downzy said:

Some of the same people who were convinced Trump was going to win in a landslide have now somehow convinced themselves that massive election fraud will be unearthed any day; that Powell’s insane conspiracies involving members of the GOP, Venezuela, the DNC, voting computer systems, and Biden all conspired to rig the election. It’s so unhinged but on they go, further down the rabbit hole.

At some point you would think these people would stop and say, “well, I’ve been wrong about literally everything up until this point, maybe I need to change my perspective.”  But they don’t. They double down.  How wrong does one have to be before they give it up?  I guess there is no bottom for these people. They keep eating shit and going back for another helping. Whatever it takes to justify those deep seeded feelings. It’s almost enough to make one feel sorry for them.  

You're witnessing a pure personality cult in action. Just enjoy the spectacle man.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, soon said:

Or like liberals position on the climate crisis.

You are comparing the contents of the bibel to liberal's climate crisis position? Cool.

I have always assumed that "liberals" refer to Democrats, but considering that the New Green Deal stems from Democrats I suppose I am wrong.

• Haha 1
21 minutes ago, downzy said:

They will never admit being wrong. The "2020 Election Fraud" conspiracy will live for generations. 

• Sad 2
3 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

They will never admit being wrong. The "2020 Election Fraud" conspiracy will live for generations. 

It will be the next 9/11 conspiracy or moon landing hoax. No evidence that holds up to scrutiny, but that won’t matter to the true believers. 

• Like 2

In a sense I like how important Republicans are turning their backs to Trump now that it is becoming increasingly clear he has no evidence to support his election fraud claims. But on the other hand, it is despicable how they earlier aligned themselves with Trump. No integrity, no honor, no backbone. USA needs new politicians.

• Like 1

Is it a lack of good education? What causes so many people to be this stupid? I know it is not just an American issue, but maybe because I live here, it certainly seems worse here :(

7 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

I think Republicans have to figure out how a future without Trump would look like. Are they going to try to find another Trump? Are they going to pretend that Trump era never happened? Are they going to keep Trump as their leader thinking in 2024?  They might admit being wrong. But we will have to wait until January 20th or later