The US Politics/Elections Thread

21 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

It wasn't just Macy's. A police station and an entire city block got torched in Minneapolis.

I know dude. I just mention Macy's as example.  Again neither Biden nor Bernie told people to torch a police station

If you decide to start a riot and burn buildings is wrong. It's a crime. And you should be held accountable. But it makes it a lot worst when the President and the former New York City mayor tell you to storm Capitol Hill. Sure the word "storm" was not said. But other words were said that meant the same thing.

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• downzy

• Dazey

• soon

• Georgy Zhukov

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Donald Trump just grabbed America by the pussy

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Padme said:

Two wrongs doesn't make it right. And there is a big difference between Capitol Hill and some Macy's store in New York.  No political leader told Antifa or BLM to loot and burn Macy's or other stores. And Bernie Sanders never said trial by combat or anything like it.

It is really sad that you think those Proud Boys did was the right thing.

You're missing my point.  I never said either side was right.  My point was your selective outrage is hypocritical.  And yes, Democrat leaders encouraged the blm riots.  They even helped fund their bail to get them back out.  One of those despicable dems is going to be your vp soon too.

7 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

You're missing my point.  I never said either side was right.  My point was your selective outrage is hypocritical.  And yes, Democrat leaders encouraged the blm riots.  They even helped fund their bail to get them back out.  One of those despicable dems is going to be your vp soon too.

Democrats urged the BLM protesters to attack and destroy property similar to Trump's urging the MAGA morons to walk to the capitol and take the power back?

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

Democrats urged the BLM protesters to attack and destroy property similar to Trump's urging the MAGA morons to walk to the capitol and take the power back?

The democrats started this a long time ago.  I know it's easy for liberals to dismiss and forget but Trump supporters won't.  I'm not at all supporting what happened at the Capitol but try to understand why it happened before you only focus on what happened.  MAGA has been under attack for four years and it all came to a head last week.  75 million people voted for Trump and impeaching him to prevent another crack at it in 2024 is only going to make things worse.  

1 hour ago, Swampfox said:

One of those despicable dems is going to be your vp soon too.

So Harris is despicable but Trump isn't? Who is being selective? Kamala Harris never told people to start a riot in Capitol Hill.

21 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

The democrats started this a long time ago.  I know it's easy for liberals to dismiss and forget but Trump supporters won't.  I'm not at all supporting what happened at the Capitol but try to understand why it happened before you only focus on what happened.  MAGA has been under attack for four years and it all came to a head last week.  75 million people voted for Trump and impeaching him to prevent another crack at it in 2024 is only going to make things worse.  

Again Maxime Water is not telling those people to take over Congress. She is not telling them to trash Lindsey Graham office and steal his computer. She is not telling them to "hang Mike Pence" nor she is asking them to bring a noose, Soviet or Islamic State flag anywhere. She never said "trial by combat"

And in the end those people didn't confront any cabinet member. They didn't start a riot in Capitol Hill

MAGA has been attacked for years because anyone with common sense knew what they were about. MAGA people don't deserve an standing ovation. There are and there were MAGA people who believed Trump would turn America into Disneyland. It's they problem if they believe in Santa Claus. They better come back to the real world

• Like 1

I am not going to watch the video. Are you saying that in the video a democrat is urging BLM protesters to vandalise and destroy? 

I'm not at all supporting what happened at the Capitol but try to understand why it happened before you only focus on what happened.  

I know why it happened. It happened because a fraction of Americans believe in nonsensical conspiracy theories that include a belief that the election was rigged and that if Democrats got in control USA would be ruined, and because they had a president who nurtured such nonsense and egged them on. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Just like it is unfair to blame the entire MAGA movement for the few crazies who raided the Senate, it is unfair to blame the entire BLM movement for the riots and damage that was done by a few in connection with BLM protests.

There are several videos like this. People campaigning and having fun

13 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Can't imagine there's going to be too much outpouring of sympathy over this one. Similar to when one of the Koch brothers died.

You would be right, with one notable exception:

Liz Cheney voting to impeach tomorrow.  It's expected that at least 10, maybe more, Republicans will vote yes on impeachment.

Also reports that McConnell isn't exactly too upset with Democrats moving along with impeachment.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/mcconnell-thinks-trump-should-be-impeached-wants-to-purge-him-from-gop-nyt-reports?ref=home

• Like 1
On 1/11/2021 at 2:04 PM, Jakey Styley said:

Furthermore, Parler had just doubled their moderation team size - maybe give them a second? It seems pretty clear to me that Apple/Amazon weren't sincere in their promise that they'd back off if Parler increased their moderation efforts. They literally gave them a day or two.

Apparently, according to Amazon’s legal response to Parler’s civil action, Parler was given more than a day or two:

2 hours ago, -W.A.R- said:

Something going under the radar is how reckless and unhinged Pompeo is - slapping on terror designations and provoking conflict with Iran.

Aid agencies fear impact in Yemen after US terror decision

Really puts things into perspective. 112,000 people dead already in that war, and plenty more to follow after the infrastructure has been blown to bits. A war fomented by one of the key US 'allies' in Saudi Arabia. Hardly getting any coverage in the US press, while everything is being sucked up by the 5 deaths at the Capital. Not saying that shouldn't be covered, but a little bit of perspective is needed in these matters.

Edited by Basic_GnR_Fan

43F74313-DE8E-4744-8D9F-9FF23BA91C63.thumb.jpeg.c8bafd3070d4ab8921e1d94fe590342c.jpeg

One thing I’ve never understood is how Trumpers cannot, in any conceivable way, understand this basic fact. No sitting President, whether Democrat or Republican, who oversaw the national tragedy that has been America’s response to covid would have an easy time winning re-election. But for these mentally degraded asshats, the only possible explanation for Trump’s loss is malfeasance and fraud. It’s mind boggling how so many can be this daft. 

• Like 1

Republicans protest, circumvent new metal detectors inside Capitol after riot

This is moronic. These GOP lawmakers are acting like overprivileged children...the type that often wants to "speak to the manager".  According to the article, Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, said the added security was hampering his constitutional rights and Rep. Greg Steube, R-Fla., called the metal detectors an "atrocity." This is just a small example of how this group emphasizes grotesque individualism over common sense security measures. Moreover, it's a microcosm of how their corrupt ideology has played out in dealing with this pandemic. Basically, it's: Fuck every one else's health and safety....we have rrrrights! Brrrr! 

Edited by IndiannaRose
  • downzy locked this topic