The US Politics/Elections Thread

8 hours ago, downzy said:

There's 53 Republican Senators.  52 of them were asked to join a White House advisory group on re-opening the economy.

Any guesses as to the one Republican Senator not invited to the party?

Hint: his name rhymes with Ritt Momny

I'm afraid worst things are going on. In several Satates there are demostrations against stay at home orders. They don't keep social distance and they don't wear a mask or scarf on their faces. Of course they have the right, but really WTF??? On top of that Trump is encouraging them with pathetic slogans like "Liberate Michigan" Florida and Texas decided it's a good idea for people to go to the beach and parks :facepalm: :no:

Edited by Padme
  • Replies 29.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• downzy

• Dazey

• soon

• Georgy Zhukov

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Donald Trump just grabbed America by the pussy

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Padme said:

I'm afraid worst things are going on. In several Satates there are demostrations against stay at home orders. They don't keep social distance and they don't wear a mask or scarf on their faces. Of course they have the right, but really WTF??? On top of that Trump is encouraging them with pathetic slogans like "Liberate Michigan" Florida and Texas decided it's a good idea for people to go to the beach and parks :facepalm: :no:

N4W7PVD77UI6VECANCMB6SEO5U.jpg&w=1440

Yes, we really are in the grip of the zombie apocalypse.

25 minutes ago, Dazey said:

N4W7PVD77UI6VECANCMB6SEO5U.jpg&w=1440

Yes, we really are in the grip of the zombie apocalypse.

Yes, everywhere there are a lot of jokes with Zombies movies or The Scream movie, The Walking Dead and others :rofl-lol:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/that-ohio-protest-photo-looked-like-a-zombie-movie-zombie-movie-directors-think-so-too/2020/04/17/b518fc48-801c-11ea-9040-68981f488eed_story.html

10 hours ago, downzy said:

There's 53 Republican Senators.  52 of them were asked to join a White House advisory group on re-opening the economy.

Any guesses as to the one Republican Senator not invited to the party?

Hint: his name rhymes with Ritt Momny

Mitt Romney?  The guy that sides with Democrats because he's jealous that Trump succeeded in becoming President?  

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

Mitt Romney?  The guy that sides with Democrats because Trump's a fucking moron and the rest of the Republican senators haven't got a spine between them.  

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 2

I wonder if Lindsay Graham can get Trump's cock AND balls into his mouth at the same time or if he has to alternate.

1 hour ago, Dazey said:

I wonder if Lindsay Graham can get Trump's cock AND balls into his mouth at the same time or if he has to alternate.

Shouldn’t the size of Trump’s hands make the answer to this question obvious?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Are there more 'average' republicans involved in protest since the advent of the alt right, emergent right and Trumpism? Didn't many of these same people used to mock protest as a 'hippy' and 'lefty looney' thing to do?

I know about the long standing tradition of clan rallies and 'right to live' marches. But one is somewhat fringe and the other is only an annual event. And, yes, Im sure there are more protest movements that are long established. But still, is protest a more common activity for republicans/right leaning people today than it once was?

1 hour ago, soon said:

Are there more 'average' republicans involved in protest since the advent of the alt right, emergent right and Trumpism? Didn't many of these same people used to mock protest as a 'hippy' and 'lefty looney' thing to do?

I know about the long standing tradition of clan rallies and 'right to live' marches. But one is somewhat fringe and the other is only an annual event. And, yes, Im sure there are more protest movements that are long established. But still, is protest a more common activity for republicans/right leaning people today than it once was?

Difference is now republicans have time to protest.  Usually we're at work.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, soon said:

You're correct in that protests in the last 50 years have largely been an activity by the left.

We can look to the election of a black man as President to see where things changed dramatically.  Under the guise of deficit and debt concerns, people on the right took up the practice.  It's the continuation of that race-based protest.  No one gave a shit about debt when white men were President, just as there are no protests now about the trillions of dollars in debt being added under the orange President.

1 hour ago, downzy said:

You're correct in that protests in the last 50 years have largely been an activity by the left.

We can look to the election of a black man as President to see where things changed dramatically.  Under the guise of deficit and debt concerns, people on the right took up the practice.  It's the continuation of that race-based protest.  No one gave a shit about debt when white men were President, just as there are no protests now about the trillions of dollars in debt being added under the orange President.

So clan rallies went mainstream? And in doing so took on a more palatable look? And also, more overt clan looks in other contemporary cases. Yes, the smoke and mirrors of the actual grievances is truly ugly.

What I see is a lot of the Alinsky playbook being used by the right. With all their dinosaur beliefs it seems fitting that they also utilize outmoded protest theory. But it cant be argued that it hasn't indeed organized them - from the disorganized 'sitting-in-a-field' methods of the Tea Party movement to the organized campus disruption of the Alinsky models. And in my estimation this is why we now see right wing boomers taking their guns to stare down gender queer undergrads outside of some internet-famous dummies book tour event on campus, lol. Both adhere to an Alinskian model that assures them that this will change the world.

A note on protest and leftism in NA over last 50 years. Might seem like nit picking, but thats not my intention:

Spoiler

My premise wasnt that protest is a left thing, but rather that republican/right people mocked it as being such (however odd and nonsensical that is to do). I realize this might seem like nit picking but I think its both factual and that its important to make the distinction from the tendency on the right to call any and all opposition to itself "leftist."

Take Civil Rights, a mainstream issue and movement that had a leftist counterpart in Black Liberation/New Africans/The Nation. Civil Rights is not lefty, its common sense and democracy. Civil Rights had a decidedly liberal bent with a desire to participate in - and benefit from - an imperial and colonial system. Black liberation had goals of liberating black people, working people and the victims of western imperialism. This work often overlapped, but not always. 

Or another example would be just how mainstream opposition to Dubyas Irag war was. Millions protested. Again, yes there is a broad anti war bloc(s) in leftism, but being opposed to war is not inherently leftist. There are also right wing appeals against militarism and intervention but those anti-war sentiments are not leftist. Same with ecology - theres the moderate, progressive, lefty and right approach to it. And even the moderates protest.

Edited by soon
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, beautifulanddamned said:

I for one think that Trump should start holding rallies again. Big, beautiful rallies. As giant a venue as he can get. Pack them in. Standing room only. Talk about how the libtards are trying to tank the economy and take their guns and shut down their churches. Make them yell and spit and sweat. Liberate!

I agree. Let's open everything. Give a chance to those "brave" risk takers. Now if by the end of May there are a million people dead in the U.S. I guess those still alive will learn a lesson. And they can behave like rational human beings

6 hours ago, Padme said:

I agree. Let's open everything. Give a chance to those "brave" risk takers. Now if by the end of May there are a million people dead in the U.S. I guess those still alive will learn a lesson. And they can behave like rational human beings

Those still alive will learn nothing. They will just say God spared them. They are delusional. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

Those still alive will learn nothing. They will just say God spared them. They are delusional. 

I'm not at all religious but I also don't put people down who have faith in their God.  I've been going to work every day since this all started and I feel for people who are losing their jobs over the lockdown orders.  

2 hours ago, Swampfox said:

I'm not at all religious but I also don't put people down who have faith in their God.  I've been going to work every day since this all started and I feel for people who are losing their jobs over the lockdown orders.  

I am not putting down people with faith, just delusional people with faith who thinks God has spared them from getting sick.

Edited by Georgy Zhukov
11 hours ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

I don't think it's a matter of faith only. They just don't care. Or they are just downplaying the situation despite the huge amount of people infected and people hospitalized, not to mention those who are dead. Are they delusional? Yes! But still they just want to go work. They just want to go to baseball games, movies, bars or the beach nevermind the risk.

The American Civil Religion is a corrupting influence. With its strains of 'health and wealth' along with the various Zionist and Calvinist conceptions of 'chosen.' And in their religion, going to baseball games, movies, bars and beaches is a religious sacrament. And because the logic states that health and prosperity come from god to his chosen, the virus and its restrictions must be a form of evil. And evil (quite unlike the virus) has been defeated. Therefore to claim ones salvation in the American Civil Religion one must demonstrate their chosen status by 'receiving' victory over 'evil.' AKA going out to do real Murican shit.

Worse yet, a near totality of them dont even know how to articulate any of this but rather fall into a cultural persuasion that produces these actions without the explicit ideological motivations. 

Seen another ad from Joe with more hawkishness toward China. Trump's response to this pandemic has been so horrific that there is plenty to hit him on. You do not need to sink down to his level and go with an angle that problem is that he is soft on China. The ad goes on to talk about Trump's travel ban and how Trump "let in" 40,000 travelers from China after he signed it. This type of ad is something you would except to be coming from the GOP.

Edited by -W.A.R-
1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

I assume there will be lots of posts about how mad Canadian gun culture, and how liberal Canadian fire-arm legislation, is now?

Probably only when they get near the gun fatality rate of USA.

Heh, that concept is already understood by my daughters.

10 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Probably only when they get near the gun fatality rate of USA.

Heh, that concept is already understood by my daughters.

It really is a different world in the US. Last time I was at my brother in law’s house I’d literally just find bullets laying around all over the place.

Like down the back of the couch where you might find spare change in a normal country there’d just be a couple loose 0.38 rounds. :lol: 

I’ve actually got a 0.22 here that just randomly fell out of my suitcase when I was unpacking. The same suitcase I’d just carried through security at Heathrow. :lol: 

Edited by Dazey
4 hours ago, -W.A.R- said:

Seen another ad from Joe with more hawkishness toward China. Trump's response to this pandemic has been so horrific that there is plenty to hit him on. You do not need to sink down to his level and go with an angle that problem is that he is soft on China. The ad goes on to talk about Trump's travel ban and how Trump "let in" 40,000 travelers from China after he signed it. This type of ad is something you would except to be coming from the GOP.

That's actually a smart ad. That will actually piss off conservative/Republican types. I don't see a Democrat that hates Trump being dissuaded from voting Trump because they're offended by that.

• downzy changed the title to The US Politics/Elections Thread