• Dazey

• soon

• Georgy Zhukov

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Donald Trump just grabbed America by the pussy

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, Padme said:

I'm not parroting Trump nor anyone. I just don't believe I have the right to break into a mall, steal merchandising and then set the building on fire. 

Your point that was speaking to is this,

1 hour ago, Padme said:

Exactly, now his number one priority is Antifa. His prioriority should be justice for Floyd. Then we can deal with Antifa and other trouble makers

The bolded part, which if that isn't parroting Trump about his bogeyman "Antifa" it still reads as being aligned with Trumps narrative. I also disagree with your calling for him to "deal with" protestors who offend bourgeois sensibilities (and/or those whom are cast as such in certain media).

I certainly agree with the notion you put forward that Trumps first priority should be justice for Floyd (and the larger issue). Beyond that, Id invite you to not feed into the splintering of social movements across boring old lines of the 'diversity of tactics' debate. That conversation is over and its only use today is as a tool of division.

My position is that if we can collectively manage to keep sight of a shared goal for a lasting racial justice in USA, and if we can avoid succumbing to Trumps dangerous narratives about those on the front lines of resistance (including the many nonviolent resisters), then we have a better chance of sharing in success. 

1 hour ago, downzy said:

Anyone wondering if the Trump campaign had already printed up hats and t-shirts with the slogan, "Keep America Great Again"?

Perhaps like the loser of the Super Bowl, those t-shirts and hats will find their way to the impoverished in Africa.  Really having a hard time believing Trump's re-election campaign will keep with that slogan.  

"Keep America Great" is still working I guess but the slogan will remain the same, "Make America Great Again", since it fits perfectly with the covid crisis. He said he built the greatest economy in the world and he's going to do it again. 

What about Joe's slogan? " No Malarkey" "Love Trump's Hate"? lol

“I have a message to every last person threatening the peace on our streets and the safety of our police: when I take the oath of office next year, I will restore law and order [in] our country.”

Donald Trump, July of 2016

https://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/full-transcript-donald-trump-nomination-acceptance-speech-at-rnc-225974

"If you need me, I'll be in my bunker." *

Donald Trump, June of 2020.

* Not an actual quote, but likely accurate.  

• Haha 1
33 minutes ago, soon said:

Your point that was speaking to is this,

The bolded part, which if that isn't parroting Trump about his bogeyman "Antifa" it still reads as being aligned with Trumps narrative. I also disagree with your calling for him to "deal with" protestors who offend bourgeois sensibilities (and/or those whom are cast as such in certain media).

I certainly agree with the notion you put forward that Trumps first priority should be justice for Floyd (and the larger issue). Beyond that, Id invite you to not feed into the splintering of social movements across boring old lines of the 'diversity of tactics' debate. That conversation is over and its only use today is as a tool of division.

My position is that if we can collectively manage to keep sight of a shared goal for a lasting racial justice in USA, and if we can avoid succumbing to Trumps dangerous narratives about those on the front lines of resistance (including the many nonviolent resisters), then we have a better chance of sharing in success. 

From what I see in my world that's already falling apart. Every conservative I know is privately saying "fuck this" even though they are scared to say anything publicly. Some of the liberals I know are somewhat tepid in their support (ie I support the cause but I don't like this violence).

Edited by Basic_GnR_Fan

8jSqvulh.jpg

Minneapolis general strike of 1934

The Minneapolis general strike of 1934 grew out of a strike by Teamsters against most of the trucking companies operating in Minneapolis, the major distribution center for the Upper Midwest. The strike began on May 16, 1934 in the Market District (the modern day Warehouse District). The worst single day was Friday, July 20, called "Bloody Friday", when police shot at strikers in a downtown truck battle, killing two and injuring 67. Ensuing violence lasted periodically throughout the summer. The strike was formally ended on August 22. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minneapolis_general_strike_of_1934

Definitely worth a read imho. To avoid seeing events as singular.

Maybe one day we wont just be victims to the reverberations and cycles of oppression? On certain days, like today, we struggle to end systems of oppression once and for all. 

10 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

From what I see in my world that's already falling apart. Every conservative I know is privately saying "fuck this" even though they are scared to say anything publicly. Some of the liberals I know are somewhat tepid in their support (ie I support the cause but I don't like this violence).

Thats disappointing. I think one area of discussion should be defining what "violence" is and isn't. Too often things like 'people not dispersing from a peaceful protest after a police order' is called violence. Or property modification is called "violence." These falsehoods seem to sufficiently muddy the water.

Beyond that, we need to get conservatives into it just to troll the libs. :P And the libs should read Letter From A Birmingham Jail - again. Anyways, Left is best :headbang::lol:

1 minute ago, Swampfox said:

The governors failed.  Trump is taking control now.  

Hahahahaha no he's not. He repeated the same shit he said to the governors earlier on the conference call.

Didn't even invoke the Insurrection Act.

If he deploys active duty military to fire on civilians there's either going to be a coup or sympathizing nations will come save us.

It was just more threats today. DC has a large military presence, though.

Baby's scared.

3 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

Hahahahaha no he's not. He repeated the same shit he said to the governors earlier on the conference call.

Didn't even invoke the Insurrection Act.

If he deploys active duty military to fire on civilians there's either going to be a coup or sympathizing nations will come save us.

It was just more threats today. DC has a large military presence, though.

Baby's scared.

He just walked over to St. John's church to pay respects.  The man has brass balls.  God bless the President!

2 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

He just walked over to St. John's church to pay respects.  The man has brass balls.  God bless the President!

He just had the cops beat the shit out of a bunch of people to secure the area so he could walk over

1 hour ago, TheSeeker said:

I've been watching my country burn for the last few nights so I have no sympathy for any of these "peaceful protestors".  They set a curfew, the "protestors" wouldn't leave so they had to use force.  Too fucking bad!  This has to stop now and it will.

12 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

I've been watching my country burn for the last few nights so I have no sympathy for any of these "peaceful protestors"

Because I'm sure they had it earlier...  

:lol:

• downzy changed the title to The US Politics/Elections Thread
  • downzy locked this topic