The US Politics/Elections Thread

11 hours ago, weaponsnflowers said:

I just don't understand that "they've been put down whole their lives". There are black people on every level of US work force, they can go to the best schools, anyone can become anything they want, freedom of opportunity. More white people get killed by blacks and blacks get killed by other blacks insane amounts. The crime stats show 13% of the population does 50% of the murders. Yet, it somehow racism keeping the ghetto folk in the ghetto. Sure if you grow up poor, high chance you end up poor. But that's not the fault of "the system" per se. Why aren't asian people in the same situation as blacks, even though they have gone trough the same troubles as blacks. Slavery, racism etc.

Yes. That indeed makes you wonder. I guess, in part it's down to circumstance. But in part it's also down to choice e.g. not even trying to get out of the ghetto, because "It's oh so hard and everyone is against me.".

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• downzy

• Dazey

• soon

• Georgy Zhukov

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Donald Trump just grabbed America by the pussy

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yes. That indeed makes you wonder. I guess, in part it's down to circumstance. But in part it's also down to choice e.g. not even trying to get out of the ghetto, because "It's oh so hard and everyone is against me.".

I have no doubts that blacks as a community have had a rough go of it in their past. But the reality is that there are gaps in crime and education, for example, in EVERY community in the US. Those are communities that are liberal and conservative, so it's not like you can blame either. This is a tough topic and a lot of smart people have tried to solve it to no avail.

11 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

So, its not due to racism. Its just that you figure millions of black americans are lazy and weak? 

(Hint: thats racist)

Just now, soon said:

So, its not due to racism. Its just that you figure millions of black americans are lazy and weak? 

(Hint: thats racist)

Why would those be the only two options (whites are racist and holding the black community down, or blacks are just lazy)? That seems like light switch brain thinking to me.

1 minute ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Why would those be the only two options (whites are racist and holding the black community down, or blacks are just lazy)? That seems like light switch brain thinking to me.

Its what the poster I responded to was saying. Dont try to slid your prefabbed bs into it.

4 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

This is a tough topic and a lot of smart people have tried to solve it to no avail.

There's no generational wealth in black communities, and if you grow up in poverty your motivation is survival. That doesn't gel with the "well just get a job" responses from white people since the only jobs in black communities are low-paying, if there's any at all.

If your parents and grandparents grew up in poverty and you're seeing your friends and family dying trying to make ends meet by selling weed and joining gangs, you lose hope quick. 

Now on top of that, because of the pandemic I think like half of all Americans under the age of 40 are unemployed with no promise of additional stimulus to pay for food or rent. Politics have failed and now there's no guarantee of survival. The outrage is justified.

• GNFNR 1
18 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

There's no generational wealth in black communities, and if you grow up in poverty your motivation is survival. That doesn't gel with the "well just get a job" responses from white people since the only jobs in black communities are low-paying, if there's any at all.

If your parents and grandparents grew up in poverty and you're seeing your friends and family dying trying to make ends meet by selling weed and joining gangs, you lose hope quick. 

Now on top of that, because of the pandemic I think like half of all Americans under the age of 40 are unemployed with no promise of additional stimulus to pay for food or rent. Politics have failed and now there's no guarantee of survival. The outrage is justified.

Well, to a certain extent, everybody who isn't in the overclass is getting screwed in this country. So the "just get a job" crowd is ignorant on how macroeconomic systems are set up to benefit the overclass at the expense of everyone else.

There's also no generational wealth in the immigrant communities who move to the US, but east asian and indians actually do better than the average white (that's because these legal immigrants are usually on the smarter end of the countries they come from and part of the brain drain issue, which is an issue for the countries they are coming from and that could be a whole other topic).

There's so many different factors going into all of this. I see too many light switch brains on either side saying, whites bad, or blacks bad. There's very little nuance. That being said I'm starting to get the point where I believe that "Diversity is a Strength" is a big lie and it only leads to different communities fighting each other for an ever shrinking piece of pie while the overclass takes more than their share.

Edited by Basic_GnR_Fan

But let's stop dicking around. This all comes down to nature vs nurture. I happen to think both are important. But you can't say anything about the nature part in public because it's not politically correct to do so. That doesn't make it not true though.

Edit: or put another way...systems matter, but so does evolution and natural selection. You can't ignore one or the other.

Edited by Basic_GnR_Fan
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, TheSeeker said:

Proshot footage of Baby President walking over to a church for no reason:

There was a reason. But the wrong reason... Politics. Courtship of Evangelicals and other Christian denominations. The Bishop of that church was really pissed of because of that charade. 

46 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

I find it alarming that they can't/won't understand it. At this point it's willful ignorance and hatred or maybe they're wired differently like they lack critical thinking, emotional intelligence and empathy. It's very disturbing they seemingly care less about humans than some property damage(regardless of who's doing it) to the point they'll eagerly throw the baby out with the bathwater and dismiss the issues/the cause.

*they lean right up to the faces of scared little black kids* "I would care about you...but society is...complex. Everyone has shit to deal with so suck it up, n*ggers. I've heard awful things about you and your mommies and daddies on the news! Why don't you get a fucking job!" etc etc. This is how callous and fucked up they are. Either as forthright as that or more so or they do it covertly, perhaps a mixture. Very creepy. I wonder if when they were children they knew they'd grow up to be like this.

If they don't change I hope they get what's coming to them.

Edited by Oldest Goat
  • Like 2
5 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

I find it alarming that they can't/won't understand it. At this point it's willful ignorance and hatred or maybe they're wired differently like they lack critical thinking, emotional intelligence and empathy. It's very disturbing they seemingly care less about humans than some property damage(regardless of who's doing it) to the point they'll eagerly throw the baby out with the bathwater and dismiss the issues/the cause.

*they lean right up to the faces of scared little black kids* "I would care about you...but society is...complex. Everyone has shit to deal with so suck it up, n*ggers. I've heard awful things about you and your mommies and daddies on the news! Why don't you get a fucking job!" etc etc. This is how callous and fucked up they are. Either as forthright as that or more so or they do it covertly, perhaps a mixture. Very creepy. I wonder if when they were children they knew they'd grow up to be like this.

If they don't change I hope they get what's coming to them.

WTF? I'm trying to engage in an honest matter and you come back with this? How about stop setting up a straw man to knock down and argue the specific points I'm making.

1 minute ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

WTF? I'm trying to engage in an honest matter and you come back with this? How about stop setting up a straw man to knock down and argue the specific points I'm making.

I don't believe anyone was talking to you

1 minute ago, TheSeeker said:

I don't believe anyone was talking to you

Well I'm trying to engage with actual arguments being made by specific posters here. Maybe that'd be more productive than arguing against a hypothetical person in the street and imagining how the conversation would go.

7 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

I was talking to that poster about a kind of person and summarizing the attitude they have in honest plain English. If you're not one of those people I was referring to then I wasn't referring to you.

33 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

But let's stop dicking around. This all comes down to nature vs nurture. I happen to think both are important. But you can't say anything about the nature part in public because it's not politically correct to do so. That doesn't make it not true though.

Edit: or put another way...systems matter, but so does evolution and natural selection. You can't ignore one or the other.

Uh oh...you want to start talking about natural selection and black people's evolution/genetics? Wow.

I despise political correctness as much as the next person but I don't have your thought process, just to be very clear. When black folks are murdered and oppressed your thoughts seem to be "Everyone hold your horses! There's been some property damage. Also, we need to discuss their genetics." I'd rather discuss your genetics tbh figure out what's going on in that head of yours - especially if you aren't one of the bigoted creatures I describe and genuinely can't see how you sound rn.

3 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Well I'm trying to engage with actual arguments being made by specific posters here. Maybe that'd be more productive than arguing against a hypothetical person in the street and imagining how the conversation would go.

There are American friends of mine who happen to be black and are very scared and distressed rn. They're telling me they think the police or kkk or Trump supporters etc are going to harm them. You seem to think twirling your fucking hand and mentioning the ownership class means a fucking thing to me.

22 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

I was talking to that poster about a kind of person and summarizing the attitude they have in honest plain English. If you're not one of those people I was referring to then I wasn't referring to you.

Uh oh...you want to start talking about natural selection and black people's evolution/genetics? Wow.

I despise political correctness as much as the next person but I don't have your thought process, just to be very clear. When black folks are murdered and oppressed your thoughts seem to be "Everyone hold your horses! There's been some property damage. Also, we need to discuss their genetics." I'd rather discuss your genetics tbh figure out what's going on in that head of yours - especially if you aren't one of the bigoted creatures I describe and genuinely can't see how you sound rn.

There are American friends of mine who happen to be black and are very scared and distressed rn. They're telling me they think the police or kkk or Trump supporters etc are going to harm them. You seem to think twirling your fucking hand and mentioning the ownership class means a fucking thing to me.

Yes, nature and nurture both matter. I said it, I believe it.

Blacks are murdered in the US, but who are the perps? Between 1976 to 2005, 94% of black victims were murdered by other black people (National Review article from Barry Latzer, https://www.nationalreview.com/magazine/2019/12/22/the-need-to-discuss-black-on-black-crime/). This fantasy about KKK and Trump supporters roving through the streets looking for black victims is fantasy. 

You're from New Zealand, and apparently don't know shit about the situation in America and are gaslit into believing a narrative that is fantasy.

Edited by Basic_GnR_Fan
  • Like 1
14 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Yes, nature and nurture both matter. I said it, I believe it.

Blacks are murdered in the US, but who are the perps? Between 1976 to 2005, 94% of black victims were murdered by other black people (National Review article from Barry Latzer, https://www.nationalreview.com/magazine/2019/12/22/the-need-to-discuss-black-on-black-crime/). This fantasy about KKK and Trump supporters roving through the streets looking for black victims is fantasy. 

You're from New Zealand, and apparently don't know shit about the situation in America and are gaslit into believing a narrative that is fantasy.

I'm from New Zealand(gasp! Lol), and apparently I know more than you about the situation and care more than you do.

You don't know me or the people I know and what's been done to them so stfu with the fantasy talk.

2 minutes ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

Lol @ fox news as a news source. That's some good comedy right there.

said the man who earlier wanted an elected president to get killed.

Edited by Silent Jay
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Seriously, poverty is a consequence of laziness?

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1
8 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

I'm from New Zealand(gasp! Lol), and apparently I know more than you about the situation and care more than you do.

You don't know me or the people I know and what's been done to them so stfu with the fantasy talk.

No, this is a forum where we discuss ideas. You don't get to just declare that you know something. You actually have to prove with it with some type of evidence.

You made an assertion (via black friends you have in the US) that blacks are fearful of KKK or MAGA type people attacking them. I posted evidence that over 90% of black murders are by other black people I'm awaiting your evidence that white MAGA people are substantial perps in attacks on black people in the US.

• downzy changed the title to The US Politics/Elections Thread
  • downzy locked this topic