The US Politics/Elections Thread

Hid some posts and response to that included the original personal attack. 

Please keep your posts limiting to attacking the point, not the person. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• downzy

• Dazey

• soon

• Georgy Zhukov

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Donald Trump just grabbed America by the pussy

Posted Images

Actual footage of Trump's goon's suppressing the 1st amendment.

The fact that this screen is an amalgam of Bill Barr and Jeff Sessions is not an accident. :lol: 

wdud2.jpg

Edited by Dazey
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

How is that controversial? Cancel culture is cancer.

I always liked Nirvana. Great band.

EZeM_NCWsAIhzro?format=jpg&name=small

Nope. Because acting agsint racism is not a leftist thing. Its an everybody thing.

• Like 1

I hope we all can see that these fights at their core are against power, and people who abuse their position of power.

#metoo, BLM etc. The enemy is the position of power, society needs to re-calibrate and have proper oversight. 2 of the officers involved had multiple citations against them! Why were they on duty... 

RIP George Floyd, it was heartbreaking watching your final moments.... Righteous Anger is a tool of change. 

• Like 1

Did he hit himself in the head with his bass again? :lol: Bad take from Krist.

The President basically threatened to invade his own country. That isn't being strong its being certifiably insane.

9 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

We're not in kindergarten. Didn't think I have to teach you the alphabet and spell it all out. "Working your ass off" is all encompassing.

I speak 2 languages. And if I would decide to live in a country with a third language, I would learn that one and not be barely able to speak it after living there half a lifetime.

And yes, that essential jobs, the ones no one (or only a few) wants to do, are paid too poorly, is yet another story. Hopefully some of that will change, now that everyone has realized how important they are.

Yes, we are in Kindergarten, if twice in a row I take any obvious inference from what you say only for you to respond with ‘thats not what I said’, then you kinda gotta start being clear and moreover I have to take you on exactly what you say.

But broadly speaking, if America is burning all around you and you still can’t get beyond the ‘lazy feckless criminal classes’ type mentality, if you can’t even at this point entertain the notion that a change in thinking is in order, well, I’m not sure that you ever will.

I’ll say this much though, you’ve answered the question of the day (i.e. why the cops are doing this shit) admirably.

The French are now protesting. Alright alright Americans; you have done a good job until now but it's time to stop and leave it to the professionals. 

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

Yes, we are in Kindergarten, if twice in a row I take any obvious inference from what you say only for you to respond with ‘thats not what I said’, then you kinda gotta start being clear and moreover I have to take you on exactly what you say.

But broadly speaking, if America is burning all around you and you still can’t get beyond the ‘lazy feckless criminal classes’ type mentality, if you can’t even at this point entertain the notion that a change in thinking is in order, well, I’m not sure that you ever will.

I’ll say this much though, you’ve answered the question of the day (i.e. why the cops are doing this shit) admirably.

And again you're shoving things down my throat I never said, choosing to take whatever I said negative. Wrong on all accounts, in every one of your sentences, misconstruing what I said. But my original point and response stands: it's not all down to "only" racism. Take that as you may. I don't care.

1 minute ago, PatrickS77 said:

And again you're shoving things down my throat I never said, choosing to take whatever I said negative. Wrong on all accounts, in every one of your sentences, misconstruing what I said. But my original point and response stands: it's not all down to "only" racism. Take that as you may. I don't care.

Man, no one's (well at least I'm not) shoving anything down your throat, why is it when I state an opinion you're suddenly getting deep throated and when you state yours and I respond you're being cornered, harangued or victimised? if what you say has heavy negative connotations then they're gonna be picked up on, what do you want me to do about that?  And alright, I was wrong, fair enough, perhaps its a fault in my understanding.  As for taking it as I may, to be honest, I'm not sure how to take it, any way I take it appears to be wrong and you're having trouble explaining it back to me, I'm either neolithically stupid or you're not very good at making yourself clear, 'its not only about racism', okaaay, whats not only about racism, black guys getting killed, riots of the overall social ills we've been talking about?  See now I got at least three ways of taking that shit, you need to get your pointer out or some shit fella cuz I'm at a loss :lol:  

20 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

As for taking it as I may, to be honest, I'm not sure how to take it, any way I take it appears to be wrong and you're having trouble explaining it back to me, I'm either neolithically stupid or you're not very good at making yourself clear, 'its not only about racism', okaaay, whats not only about racism, black guys getting killed, riots of the overall social ills we've been talking about?  See now I got at least three ways of taking that shit, you need to get your pointer out or some shit fella cuz I'm at a loss :lol:  

I stated perfectly well what I meant, you just chose to overlook an important part and got back at me stating that working your ass off in a low end job won't get you anywhere, when in fact in my first response to you I stated working your ass off to get an education, to get a good job. As for how to take my shit, why not start at the beginning?

On 2.6.2020 at 6:13 AM, weaponsnflowers said:

I just don't understand that "they've been put down whole their lives". There are black people on every level of US work force, they can go to the best schools, anyone can become anything they want, freedom of opportunity. More white people get killed by blacks and blacks get killed by other blacks insane amounts. The crime stats show 13% of the population does 50% of the murders. Yet, it somehow racism keeping the ghetto folk in the ghetto. Sure if you grow up poor, high chance you end up poor. But that's not the fault of "the system" per se. Why aren't asian people in the same situation as blacks, even though they have gone trough the same troubles as blacks. Slavery, racism etc.

^^That was the post.

To which I responded:

18 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yes. That indeed makes you wonder. I guess, in part it's down to circumstance. But in part it's also down to choice e.g. not even trying to get out of the ghetto, because "It's oh so hard and everyone is against me.".

And some people, choosing to take it negatively, thought the only way to understand that is, to assume that I said that all black americans are lazy.

3 hours ago, Padme said:

I'm actually pretty sure that I called for them to be tear gassed at the time and was told by many of the same people who are now defending Trump that the USA has the right for peaceful assembly enshrined in the constitution. :lol: 

• Like 2

I stated perfectly well what I meant, you just chose to overlook an important part and got back at me stating that working your ass off in a low end job won't get you anywhere, when in fact in my first response to you I stated working your ass off to get an education, to get a good job. As for how to take my shit, why not start at the beginning?

Yeah cuz this is my idea of a good time right, deliberately misunderstanding conversations so I can sit here talking to my fuckin' self :lol:  What you actually said was 'working your ass off, getting an education..', which could mean either or, replace that comma with an 'and' and you might have a point. 

And some people, choosing to take it negatively, thought the only way to understand that is, to assume that I said that all black americans are lazy.

I don't think I mentioned black people or racism in my posts to you, my argument was on the basis of the idea that poverty is a consequence of laziness, which is a notion that could apply to anybody, even my numerous rambling hypotheses of various instances never specified race. 

4 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I'm actually pretty sure that I called for them to be tear gassed at the time and was told by many of the same people who are now defending Trump that the USA has the right for peaceful assembly enshrined in the constitution. :lol: 

Protesting to open up the country and get our jobs back versus looting, stealing, burning down cities, shooting cops in the head and assaulting news crews.  I guess you don't see the difference?

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

Protesting to open up the country and get our jobs back versus looting, stealing, burning down cities, shooting cops in the head and assaulting news crews.  I guess you don't see the difference?

I was referring to the people who were protesting peacefully (and without semi automatic weapons) in the grounds of St John's Episcopal Church before your führer had them tear gassed so he could have a cheap photo op. He even managed to gas a priest which normally I wouldn't object to but in this case it was a tad harsh. :lol: 

Edited by Dazey
  • Haha 2
8 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I was referring to the people who were protesting peacefully (and without semi automatic weapons) in the grounds of St John's Episcopal Church before your führer had them tear gassed so he could have a cheap photo op. He even managed to gas a priest which normally I wouldn't object to but in this case it was a tad harsh. :lol: 

Mindboggling. How do Trump supporters defend that one? Fake news?

• downzy changed the title to The US Politics/Elections Thread
  • downzy locked this topic