• soon

• Georgy Zhukov

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Donald Trump just grabbed America by the pussy

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Dazey said:

Yeah, it totally has Brees on it. :lol: 

I'm fan of Brees as well. I was kinda shocked when I read what he said. Of course he has the right so say whatever he wants. But he should've known about the possible backlash

5 hours ago, Dazey said:

Do you have any thoughts of your own or are you just going to keep spamming the thread with other people's twitter posts?

Its not like his posts get in the way of you posting your fart jokes.

• Like 1
Just now, soon said:

Its not like his posts get in the way of you posting your fart jokes.

I'm still waiting for him to explain why this is a 1st degree murder case. :D 

5 hours ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

I guess we all saw it coming. The irony is that Mattis and others in the military don't have a problem with players kneeling during the anthem. They seem to have a problem with Trump.

24 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

Liberals are trying to co-opt the protests with "demands" that don't actually accomplish anything

Even the tweet itself acknowledges that it accomplishes something, just not the full 72%. But for you, it seems like improvements don’t matter at all unless they are massive in scope. These are research backed solutions, I urge you to visit the Campaign Zero website. Standardization of police rules and accountability procedures across the country would be a great step.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Jakey Styley said:

Even the tweet itself acknowledges that it accomplishes something, just not the full 72%. But for you, it seems like improvements don’t matter at all unless they are massive in scope. These are research backed solutions, I urge you to visit the Campaign Zero website. Standardization of police rules and accountability procedures across the country would be a great step.

It's not the rules that need to be changed, it's the system

• Like 1
12 hours ago, downzy said:

Who from the BLM movement is calling for a violent revolution?   

There are accounts calling for violent actions...it's hard to say exactly which group these accounts are from (most are probably not affiliated with any group). Also, any facebook live stream I've watched of these events there are people in the comments literally cheering on violence and calling for more. My point being, in the current mileau, there is an attitude among a minority of commentators that they like the violence and want more. Given this current state, I don't blame individuals for arming up to protect themselves.

But I did point out two specific radical groups above...The Base and The Radical Abolitionist Movement, which are actual groups, there probably are a lot more I don't know about. But groups or not, individuals are calling for violence.

7 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

No specifics? What would your preferred system even look like. Why should people get on board with your revolution when you can't even define what it is you want?

We'll be fighting in the streets
With our children at our feet
And the morals that they worship will be gone
And the men who spurred us on
Sit in judgement of all wrong
They decide and the shotgun sings the song

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
Then I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get fooled again

The change, it had to come
We knew it all along
We were liberated from the fold, that's all
And the world looks just the same
And history ain't changed
'Cause the banners, they are flown in the next war

Just like yesterday
No, no!

I'll move myself and my family aside
If we happen to be left half alive
I'll get all my papers and smile at the sky
Though I know that the hypnotized never lie
Do ya?

There's nothing in the streets
Looks any different to me
And the slogans are replaced, by-the-bye
And the parting on the left
Are now parting on the right
And the beards have all grown longer overnight

Just like yesterday
Don't get fooled again
No, no!

Meet the new boss
Same as the old boss

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

No specifics? What would your preferred system even look like. Why should people get on board with your revolution when you can't even define what it is you want?

Disband and defund the police nationwide

2khi6xcu3p251.png

15 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

Disband and defund the police nationwide

2khi6xcu3p251.png

Not even the most liberal European country has no police. And you want to disband the police in a country that has near 3rd world crime rates. The amount of people you'll get on board for this is a minority of a minority.

Edit: I almost want the police to pull out of a major American city so after a week even the most far left people such as yourself can see what a disaster you've created. I should be agreeing and amplifying you, but then I realize the amount of people that would be terrorized and killed in such a situation and then I pull back.

Edited by Basic_GnR_Fan
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Not even the most liberal European country has no police. And you want to disband the police in a country that has near 3rd world crime rates. The amount of people you'll get on board for this is a minority of a minority.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

Ok, I mean I take that argument seriously that budgets can be blown on law enforcement and the military (especially the military). Ideally we'd be creating better paying jobs for people and increasing worker protections rather than just putting people on welfare though. You need a mix of both.

But that discussion is a long way from completely disbanding the police, which is on its face insane.

54 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

Systems are generally comprised of laws, norms and rules. 

5 hours ago, Dazey said:

I'm still waiting for him to explain why this is a 1st degree murder case. :D 

It's premeditated first degree murder. If someone, a police officer who apparently knew the victim, kneels on their neck while they're handcuffed and passive until they are dead and continues even after that - despite all the while he's being told by the victim and onlookers he can't breathe he's killing him - then, obviously, that's intent to kill. The officer also has a history of this type of behaviour. Explain why you think it's not first degree murder?

Side note, someone posting people's social media reactions and info regarding the situation is a non-issue for me.

Edited by Oldest Goat
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

There are accounts calling for violent actions...it's hard to say exactly which group these accounts are from (most are probably not affiliated with any group). Also, any facebook live stream I've watched of these events there are people in the comments literally cheering on violence and calling for more. My point being, in the current mileau, there is an attitude among a minority of commentators that they like the violence and want more. Given this current state, I don't blame individuals for arming up to protect themselves.

But I did point out two specific radical groups above...The Base and The Radical Abolitionist Movement, which are actual groups, there probably are a lot more I don't know about. But groups or not, individuals are calling for violence.

But there are actual/official organizations that are spearheading the Black Lives Matter campaign and effort. None of those groups are calling for violence. The few you listed are fringe elements that have no official connection with the infrastructure that’s currently drive for social justice. 

There are always going to be radical and fringe elements in any movement. You’re willingness to judge and dismiss the entire movement based on a few radicals does a discredit to the vast majority who are trying to be rational adults about a real problem. It also distracts and undermines that problem since it attempts to redirect focus and attention. 

Facebook comments...  LOL. Next you’re going to quote YouTube comments as proof that the movement is violent. 

18 minutes ago, soon said:

I love when liberals think that they’re dunking :lol:

If that comment was directed at me would you mind being a little more specific. 

• downzy changed the title to The US Politics/Elections Thread
  • downzy locked this topic