The US Politics/Elections Thread

13 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Interesting that you know exactly how many blacks you have in town. Makes sense to keep an eye on them though I guess. Whatever you do, don't feed them fried chicken after midnight cuz I've heard they can multiply. Wogwai I believe they're called. :lol: 

If there is anyone who knows how many blacks live in the town and when it's time to move, it's white liberals!

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/nnqdk7/austin-was-built-to-be-segregated

https://madison365.com/what-no-one-wants-to-talk-about-race-and-progressive-cities/

https://www.minnpost.com/politics-policy/2015/03/why-are-twin-cities-so-segregated-new-report-blames-housing-policies-and-edu/

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• downzy

• Dazey

• soon

• Georgy Zhukov

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Donald Trump just grabbed America by the pussy

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Dazey said:

So the three minutes after they found he had no pulse when Derek Chauvin was still kneeling on his neck was due to what exactly? 

I'm British so maybe I'm not 100% up on the etiquette for getting the fuck off the neck off a man who's not breathing. :shrugs: 

If Floyd wasn't resisting and fighting and on fentanyl the cop probably wouldn't have had to use more force. As far as I know the knee thing is an established technique used by cops.

It's a sad story but it's widly blown out of proportion because people are misinformed like they are on Black Lives Matter.

11 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

If Floyd wasn't resisting and fighting and on fentanyl the cop probably wouldn't have had to use more force. As far as I know the knee thing is an established technique used by cops.

It's a sad story but it's widly blown out of proportion because people are misinformed like they are on Black Lives Matter.

Was he fighting and resisting? If he was then that's rather impressive for a dead guy. Even alive he was handcuffed and surrounded by 4 cops long before he lost consciousness. When a man is face down on the street with his hands handcuffed behind his back can you explain why anybody needs to kneel on his neck to keep him under control?   

Also how is anybody a threat on fentanyl? What did he do to the cop? Drool on him?

Edited by Dazey
1 hour ago, Dazey said:

Somebody who doesn't live in a country with people stupid enough to elect a President who encourages his goons to shoot peaceful protesters with teargas would be my first thought. :shrugs:  

Adorable kid being taught valuable lessons by her good dad. Amazing that some people can see something so wholesome as negative.

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Adorable kid being taught valuable lessons by her good dad. Amazing that some people can see something so wholesome as negative.

Yeah, I'm only a pretend racist on here when I'm bantering with @Len Cnut. I would have included @spunko12345 in that too but the Welsh don't even count as a race. They're just subhuman by definition. :lol: 

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Was he fighting and resisting? If he was then that's rather impressive for a dead guy. Even alive he was handcuffed and surrounded by 4 cops long before he lost consciousness. When a man is face down on the street with his hands handcuffed behind his back can you explain why anybody needs to kneel on his neck to keep him under control?   

Also how is anybody a threat on fentanyl? What did he do to the cop? Drool on him?

Well I'm not defending the cop but clearly Floyd's death is the result of negligence and excessive force on a man that had bad health issues.

But now should we listen to Black Lives Matter and disband all the police agencies and replace them with private police agencies?

Should we destroy history and give trillions of dollars for slavery reparations and the death of George Floyd? Should we release all "political prisoners" from prisons? 

I wonder how many have become radicals.

1 hour ago, downzy said:

I love how your first thought revolves around the parent who chose to exercise their first amendment right and to teach their child about the importance of speaking out when something is so unequivocally wrong.

What didn’t come to your mind first was the horror of cops and national guardsman firing tear gas upon peaceful protestors, some of whom were children.

You might want to check your priorities and principles. :shrugs:

I would never bring my children somewhere like that no matter what the cause.  Children shouldn't be at these protests. Anybody who turned on the news knew how ugly things were getting.  

6 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Sad to see you are indoctrinating your kid into eulogizing a meth addict who beat up a pregnant woman. I am sure there are much better role models for her.

You don't really understand this movement, do you? :lol:

2 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

But now should we listen to Black Lives Matter and disband all the police agencies and replace them with private police agencies? 

No, but here is what you should do:

- Train your police much longer, especially in peaceful conflict solving and de-escalation. Nine weeks training (which it is at least one place) before you are out on the beat is not enough. A proper police training should take years. Today too many officers have too few tools to handle situation which too often result in violence.

- Stop the militarization of your police, no more military-grade weapon transfers from your military forces to your police force. Those are not the tools they need more of. Equip them to protect citizens, not fight them. 

- Punish bad behavior, attitude and blatant crimes among the police force. No more internal protection of their own colleagues. Clean up the force. Make it transparent and consistent. 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

No, but here is what you should do:

- Train your police much longer, especially in peaceful conflict solving and de-escalation. Nine weeks training (which it is at least one place) before you are out on the beat is not enough. A proper police training should take years. Today too many officers have too few tools to handle situation which too often result in violence.

- Stop the militarization of your police, no more military-grade weapon transfers from your military forces to your police force. Those are not the tools they need more of. Equip them to protect citizens, not fight them. 

- Punish bad behavior, attitude and blatant crimes among the police force. No more internal protection of their own colleagues. Clean up the force. Make it transparent and consistent. 

Very reasonable suggestions that I don't find much fault with. However, the underlying problem is that the US is a relatively high crime country with pockets that resemble third world rates of violence. There's always going to be police shootings in a country as violent as this one, and these conflicts and subsequent riots will just occur again, and again, and again. This isn't new. It's like being on a hamster wheel and there are no easy fixes within the current system.

Edited by Basic_GnR_Fan
1 minute ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Very reasonable suggestions that I don't find much fault with. However, the underlying problem is that the US is a relatively high crime country with pockets that resemble third world rates of violence. There's always going to be police shootings in a country as violent as this one, and these conflicts and subsequent riots will just occur again, and again, and again. This isn't new. It's like being on a hamster wheel and there are no easy fixes within the current system.

Sure. My suggestions were just steps towards a better situation, not a perfect solution. Systemic change is needed, too, including a complete revamp of the criminal system.

3 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

Well I'm not defending the cop but clearly Floyd's death is the result of negligence and excessive force on a man that had bad health issues.

But that's not an isolated incident. Teargassing children, beating 75 year olds unconscious, shooting up innocents in their bedrooms…. it goes on and on, this one was just the one to many.

3 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

You don't really understand this movement, do you? :lol:

My perception of it is via the British variant which has thus far,

- adopted as its ''martyr'' Jesus like figure a violent armed robber and drug addict who beat up a pregnant lady. ''Black lives matter''? Not if you are a black lady who was pregnant and in possession of something this thug desired?

- has unleashed a violent demonstration outside Downing Street resulting in serious injuries to officers

- has desecrated numerous statues of opponents of racism such as Lincoln and Churchill

- has desecrated the Cenotaph which also commemorates black (Commonwealth) servicemen who fell in the two world wars.

- has broken lockdown/social distancing in an extravagant manner

So you are correct: no I don't - granted I freely admit that this perception is via the British variant and that the United States version of Black Lives Matters has a greater pertinence and urgency, given that country's different relationship with anti-black racism. 

40 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

My perception of it is via the British variant which has thus far,

- adopted as its ''martyr'' Jesus like figure a violent armed robber and drug addict who beat up a pregnant lady. ''Black lives matter''? Not if you are a black lady who was pregnant and in possession of something this thug desired?

- has unleashed a violent demonstration outside Downing Street resulting in serious injuries to officers

- has desecrated numerous statues of opponents of racism such as Lincoln and Churchill

- has desecrated the Cenotaph which also commemorates black (Commonwealth) servicemen who fell in the two world wars.

- has broken lockdown/social distancing in an extravagant manner

So you are correct: no I don't - granted I freely admit that this perception is via the British variant and that the United States version of Black Lives Matters has a greater pertinence and urgency, given that country's different relationship with anti-black racism. 

You are vastly exaggerating this alleged idolization of Floyd and thereby neglecting to acknowledge the real reasons for the movement. It is almost as if you prefer to focus on what isn't relevant so as to belittle or reject the movement. 

• GNFNR 1
12 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

You are vastly exaggerating this alleged idolization of Floyd and thereby neglecting to acknowledge the real reasons for the movement. It is almost as if you prefer to focus on what isn't relevant so as to belittle or reject the movement. 

You invalidate the good of your ''movement'' by the morality of your own actions. 

5 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

adopted as its ''martyr'' Jesus like figure a violent armed robber and drug addict who beat up a pregnant lady. ''Black lives matter''? Not if you are a black lady who was pregnant and in possession of something this thug desired?

So you want Jesus himself to show up? It's not going to happen. Nobody says Floyd was perfect. I don't know where did you get that he beat up a lady and he was a drug addict. He spent time in jail for armed robbery. That took place several years ago. Are you saying the police have the right to kill every single person who had been in jail? For that matter people like Axl and Slash also had issues with drugs and domestic violence. Yet you buy the music they make. And you are a memeber of the forum dedicated to them.

This goes beyond Floyd. Police brutality has to stop. That's the issue.

1 minute ago, Padme said:

That took place several years ago. Are you saying the police have the right to kill every single person who had been in jail?

No. And I have condoned the episode depicted in the video elsewhere, and am glad the officer has been struck off and will face serious charges. 

2 minutes ago, Padme said:

For that matter people like Axl and Slash also had issues with drugs and domestic violence. Yet you buy the music they make.

Haha. Not in decades...not in decades! Granted it is easy to not buy Guns N' Roses' music as they never release any!

I think the last time I gave Axl Rose money was when he played the toon in 2011 or 2012. 

5 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

No. And I have condoned the episode depicted in the video elsewhere, and am glad the officer has been struck off and will face serious charges. 

Haha. Not in decades...not in decades! Granted it is easy to not buy Guns N' Roses' music as they never release any!

I think the last time I gave Axl Rose money was when he played the toon in 2011 or 2012. 

Well then, Floyd was in jail a decade ago also. So don't bring back his past. What matters now is that this time he was the victim of a crime not the perpetrator. And he was not the first victim of police brutality

1 minute ago, Padme said:

Well then, Floyd was in jail a decade ago also. So don't bring back his past. What matters now is that this time he was the victim of a crime not the perpetrator. And he was not the first victim of police brutality

I wouldn't be creating murals or the guy or plastering his name everywhere. There are better role models for the black community.

6 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I wouldn't be creating murals or the guy or plastering his name everywhere. There are better role models for the black community.

But those role models were not killed by police just 2 weeks ago. So Floyd is a symbol of something that needs to change

Rodney King was a symbol in the early 90s and nothing changed.

On 3.6.2020 at 7:26 PM, SoulMonster said:

What? Are you saying that if the police kills a human that is okay if that human, on a different occasion, committed a crime? Or that if such a human is killed by the police, people shouldn't be protesting against an institutional failure at protecting minorities and a systematic militarization of a police that is already ill-equipped to ensure the safety of people?

Simply, don't do crimes so you don't have to deal with a police. Life is full of choices. He had a job didn't he? Blacks do proportionally so much crime, they are subjected to more policing. Sure the cops should be trained properly but still, you don't have to deal with bad cops when you don't do shit that invites them.

• downzy changed the title to The US Politics/Elections Thread
  • downzy locked this topic