US Politics/Elections Thread

1 minute ago, Swampfox said:

Did he just rape a woman, did he just shoot a cop, did he blind a cop with a laser pointer, or did he just beat an old woman and rob her?  Scum who commit crimes like that deserve a lot more than a kick in the back.  So I'll wait to judge that cop until I get the whole story.  

So in your opinion cops shouldn't simply arrest people who have done something bad, depending upon what bad they have done, cops should also attack and hurt those people?

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• downzy

• Dazey

• soon

• Georgy Zhukov

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Donald Trump just grabbed America by the pussy

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Let me answer that with another question, has the poster you're questioning demonstrated themselves to be a thinking man? These types don't want to debate or reason or argue and they don't want to be saved they want to make noises.

I don't need to be saved.  I didn't realize waiting to judge until all facts were presented meant someone needs saving.  Be a thinking man yourself and don't judge based on 18 seconds taken out of context.  Ever hear of Nick Sandmann?

1 minute ago, Swampfox said:

I don't need to be saved.  I didn't realize waiting to judge until all facts were presented meant someone needs saving.  Be a thinking man yourself and don't judge based on 18 seconds taken out of context.  Ever hear of Nick Sandmann?

Is there any point explaining anything to people like you? My impression is no, as demonstrated over and over and over again when all the efforts of more patient people than me are completely unappreciated and forsaken. But just to be clear, in and of itself, yeah, waiting for the full picture is the fair and correct thing to do.

(If you're not one of the Trump supporters in this thread, my mistake.)

Nick Sandmann?

Why is it the north west seemingly the epicentre of identitarian anarchic politics? Seems most of the far-right groups (e.g., the Proud Boys) emanated from there, and obviously Antifa/BLM have a presence. Do socio-economic factors play a role?

2 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Is there any point explaining anything to people like you? My impression is no, as demonstrated over and over and over again when all the efforts of more patient people than me are completely unappreciated and forsaken. But just to be clear, in and of itself, yeah, waiting for the full picture is the fair and correct thing to do.

(If you're not one of the Trump supporters in this thread, my mistake.)

Nick Sandmann?

This guy Sandman was involved in some incident with native americans. I don't know what took place nor when. But CNN and others in the media fucked it up with the way they describe the incident. The guy filed a lawsuit and he won. So CNN and others ended up paying him a lot of money. He spoke at Republican Covention last week. I don't know what he said because I didn't watch

Edited by Padme
32 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Why is it the north west seemingly the epicentre of identitarian anarchic politics? Seems most of the far-right groups (e.g., the Proud Boys) emanated from there, and obviously Antifa/BLM have a presence. Do socio-economic factors play a role?

Far right groups certainly do set up base where ever there is economic instability. The Proud Boys represent an emergent form of the right, in lock step with the alt right. So for emergent right groups territorial issues are also a consideration because the south already has there well established far right groups. And these tensions between established and emergent cant be understated. Recall that Charlottesville was called "Unite the Right." Thats them making the claim that they are divided. Even the term 'indentitarian' surged in popularity as an import from Europe. The old hate groups dont think much of 'euro trash.' The emergent right are obsessed with the european right.

So, yes, we see more emergent far right groups become more synonymous with the north (even though all the groups exist everywhere, sadly).

Sidenote, Proud Boys were founded by a Canadian named Gavin Mckinnes (or some shit). So they are super common here too - 4 of them once showed up to "Protect" a statue from receiving a blessing from an Indigenous Elder :lol::lol:. The skin heads here always call them "Proud Boy F@gg0ts"

Biden would be smart to follow the House’s lead and support this measure. 

Decriminalization/legalization is an eventuality in the US. Biden should get himself ahead of Trump on this issue. 

2 hours ago, Padme said:

This guy Sandman was involved in some incident with native americans. I don't know what took place nor when. But CNN and others in the media fucked it up with the way they describe the incident. The guy filed a lawsuit and he won. So CNN and others ended up paying him a lot of money. He spoke at Republican Covention last week. I don't know what he said because I didn't watch

CNN tried to ruin his life for wearing a MAGA hat with a misleading video taken out of context.  They knew Sandmann was not the aggressor and was actually approached by the man beating a drum but they continued with their false narrative anyway.  Just like the false narrative still being spread by the media and democrats that Trump supports Nazis and white supremacists.  "Good people on both sides".... "I'm not talking about the Nazis and white supremacists because they should be condemned" was taken out of context and became Trump supports Nazis.  Find out the whole story before making judgement is all I'm saying.  I'm still waiting to hear what the guy did that got kicked in the back.   And still no description of the shooter that shot the Trump supporter in Portland?

Who would have thought America troops aren’t a big fan of having their President do and say nothing about Russians paying bounties to pick them off. 

7 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Can you suggest anything that would justify the police officer kicking the man when he was standing still and doing what they asked him to do?

Simply playing devil's advocate here...

Apparently the police were telling him to get on his knees.  Had he just been attempted to be detained (prior to the video) and had he been in the same position, with his hands up but then decided to run....so this time the police told him to get on his knees (since last time he ran) would that justify the cop kicking him to the ground?

Idk...but it could in some people's eyes.

(And for what it's worth, pretty sure that didn't happen so the cop that kicked him to the ground can pound sand, imo).

8 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

CNN tried to ruin his life for wearing a MAGA hat with a misleading video taken out of context.  They knew Sandmann was not the aggressor and was actually approached by the man beating a drum but they continued with their false narrative anyway.  Just like the false narrative still being spread by the media and democrats that Trump supports Nazis and white supremacists.  "Good people on both sides".... "I'm not talking about the Nazis and white supremacists because they should be condemned" was taken out of context and became Trump supports Nazis.  Find out the whole story before making judgement is all I'm saying.  I'm still waiting to hear what the guy did that got kicked in the back.   And still no description of the shooter that shot the Trump supporter in Portland?

Dude, with the setlement of that lawsuit now that guy has more money than Axl Rose.

How can you say that Trump doesn't support white supremacist? Sure never said "I support white supremacist" He didn't use those words. He is not that stupid. He made that comment he said "fine people on both sides"  But it not just that. Those groups of white supremacists are bearing flags with Trump name on them. He says nothing! He is always watching t.v. He didn't see that?

25 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

Regardless of whether he was in his "legal right" to stand his ground, etc.  ( or if he was misrepresented by the media) That kid is an embarrassment to Catholics and certainly does not exemplify anything Jesus Christ would have done in that situation.  As Catholics we are taught to "Love our neighbors as ourselves" and to "Honor our Father & Mother" which would include "those older than us".   

So Nick Sandmann can go pound sand too.  :)

Edited by Ace Nova
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

So Nick Sandmann can go pound sand too

Good thing you live in Florida where there’s so much sand to pound!  

:awesomeface:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

Simply playing devil's advocate here...

Apparently the police were telling him to get on his knees.  Had he just been attempted to be detained (prior to the video) and had he been in the same position, with his hands up but then decided to run....so this time the police told him to get on his knees (since last time he ran) would that justify the cop kicking him to the ground?

Idk...but it could in some people's eyes.

(And for what it's worth, pretty sure that didn't happen so the cop that kicked him to the ground can pound sand, imo).

In my opinion not getting in your knees doesn't justify a jump kick from a police officer. That is unnecessary violence and the police should be punished for that just like everybody else would be. 

Why last week sucked:

https://slate.com/culture/2020/08/very-bad-week-fires-jacob-blake-kyle-rittenhouse-covid-hurricanes-rivers-of-blood.html

On Sunday—as fires raged across California—Kenosha, Wisconsin, police Officer Rusten Sheskey shot Jacob Blake, an unarmed Black man, seven times in the back at point-blank range in front of his children. The shooting happened on camera, and video of Blake being shot immediately went viral. That same day, the Republican Party reiterated that it would not bother to publish a platform this year, other than a promise to continue “enthusiastically supporting the President’s America-first agenda.”

On Monday, the Republican National Convention kicked off a concerted effort to make Donald Trump seem empathetic, a daunting task that was made even more difficult when Trump showed up to give a rambling 50-minute pre-address about his many grievances. In a night filled with lies, Kimberly Guilfoyle broke through the noise by making the most noise.

That same night, police attacked protesters in Kenosha with tear gas and pepper spray, protesters smashed storefronts and set fires, and the governor called in the National Guard.

On Tuesday, the RNC celebrated lawlessness, handing the microphone to Mark and Patricia McCloskey, the St. Louis couple who became famous (and drew felony charges) when they wildly brandished guns at Black Lives Matter protestersoutside their mansion. Meanwhile, Trump, joined by Chad Wolf, the man who is illegally serving as acting secretary of homeland security, used a naturalization ceremony as a convention prop, and Mike Pompeo violated his own ethics guidelines by giving a political speech on an official State Department trip. That night, a 17-year-old Trump supporter, Kyle Rittenhouse, traveled to Kenosha with an AR-15 and shot three protesters, killing two of them.

On Wednesday, Kenosha Police Chief Daniel Miskinis described Rittenhouse with euphemisms usually reserved for police officers, while blaming the protesters Rittenhouse killed for their own deaths. As the RNC continued gaslighting the nation, conservative media, led by Tucker Carlson, began valorizing Rittenhouse and vigilante justice in general. Finally, CNN reported that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention changed its COVID-19 testing guidelines under political pressure from the White House.

Thursday started as Hurricane Laura made landfall, devastating the Gulf Coast, and ended with the final night of the RNC, or, as Fred Kaplan put it, “a volcano of lies.” (That volcano erupted on the South Lawn of the White House, producing some of the tackiest and most disgraceful images of the Trump presidency so far.) Somewhere between these two shitty bookends, news broke that Jacob Blake had been handcuffed to his hospital bed by police, who would not say what charges he was facing, despite the fact that had been paralyzed from the waist down. (After a public outcry, the police removed his handcuffs.)

On Friday, Chadwick Boseman died.

On Saturday, news broke that a Republican student group was raising money for Kyle Rittenhouse’s legal defense. While all of this was going on, thousands more Americans died of COVID-19, the pandemic that the president utterly failed to suppress.

18 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

Regardless of whether he was in his "legal right" to stand his ground, etc.  ( or if he was misrepresented by the media) That kid is an embarrassment to Catholics and certainly does not exemplify anything Jesus Christ would have done in that situation.  As Catholics we are taught to "Love our neighbors as ourselves" and to "Honor our Father & Mother" which would include "those older than us".   

So Nick Sandmann can go pound sand too.  :)

He stood there and smiled.  What video are you talking about?  He was a nervous kid that didn't know what to do when a grown man started beating a drum and screamed in his face.  He handled it well in my opinion.

• Like 1

Neither Biden nor Trump will be able to do much to compete with what China is doing right now (crushing it) in terms of trade and exports.

If you’re supporting Trump because you think he’ll do anything to curb exports from China, you might want to realize the game is already done and lost. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/31/business/trumps-tariffs-coronavirus-china-exports.html?referringSource=articleShare

6 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

He stood there and smiled.  What video are you talking about?  He was a nervous kid that didn't know what to do when a grown man started beating a drum and screamed in his face.  He handled it well in my opinion.

Maybe.  The kids from Covington were there protesting some Black Israelite movement.    (They were there for hours before...) Phillips (Native American) decided to do his "peace dance" to try to calm things down.  Maybe the entire thing was a big misunderstanding but Sandmann got his day in court and won.  The fact that he's now become some sort of "folk hero" for the far right and he's riding it as far as he can, shows everything I need to know about what that kid's true intentions are.

• Like 1

Feel bad for Biden honestly, used like a puppet on strings, forced to do something he is incapable of because he is the only person dems can pass off as a moderate.

The sad part is he was reading a teleprompter. 

Edited by Silent Jay
11 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

Feel bad for Biden honestly, used like a puppet on strings. The sad part is he was reading a teleprompter. 

Oh no, Biden got a little tongue tied.

Logic dictates everyone should therefore vote for this guy:

1 hour ago, downzy said:

Biden would be smart to follow the House’s lead and support this measure. 

Decriminalization/legalization is an eventuality in the US. Biden should get himself ahead of Trump on this issue.

Legalization is the most low hanging ripe fruit there is.

It would boost his voter enthusiasm with the under 40 crowd and would probably have zero impact on his current support.

• Like 1
  • downzy changed the title to 2020 US Election Prediction Contest