• Dazey

• soon

• Georgy Zhukov

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Donald Trump just grabbed America by the pussy

Posted Images

51 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

The Michigan governor (Gretchen Whitmer) just held a press conference where she called the President the greatest threat to the American people. 

I suspect that he'll have a totally normal reaction to this. 

I seem to recall a very unique set of lockdown rules in Michigan.  How is she viewed by the locals?

Edited by Swampfox
3 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

I seem to recall a very unique set of lockdown rules in Michigan.  How is she viewed by the locals?

50/50. A lot of us are totally fine with it but the initially reaction was really bad. 

This is eye opening...

Not sure what to think of it yet.  Woodward is using direct quotes and naming his sources in the book...unlike the Atlantic article.

Edited by Ace Nova
5 hours ago, RussTCB said:

The Michigan governor (Gretchen Whitmer) just held a press conference where she called the President the greatest threat to the American people. 

I suspect that he'll have a totally normal reaction to this. 

Oh Russ that's said every day.

3 hours ago, downzy said:

Swampy as fuck...

The fact that Rick Perry was able to be picked as Secretary of Energy to begin with is outrageous, I couldn't believe there weren't safeguards to prevent a former energy lobbyist from taking that position.

The fact that there wasn't more coverage on it shows how shallow the American media is and how short of attention spans Americans have. The media would rather report on Trump gossip nuggets than substantive instances of actual corruption because people can't/don't want to follow along. So many bad things in this administration get swept aside because there's just not enough time to cover it all and only so much space in people's attention.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jakey Styley said:

The fact that Rick Perry was able to be picked as Secretary of Energy to begin with is outrageous, I couldn't believe there weren't safeguards to prevent a former energy lobbyist from taking that position.

The fact that there wasn't more coverage on it shows how shallow the American media is and how short of attention spans Americans have. The media would rather report on Trump gossip nuggets than substantive instances of actual corruption because people can't/don't want to follow along. So many bad things in this administration get swept aside because there's just not enough time to cover it all and only so much space in people's attention.

Unfortunately American governance is currently the product of radical indifference by its citizens coupled with a system of governance that incentivizes this level of corruption.  Congress as a system of governance allows for numerous access points by private interests to influence political outcomes.  It can only be checked by an informed and engaged citizenry.  

I really don't see how this problem gets resolved without dramatic and harmful upheaval.  It's a shame the US didn't adopt a parliamentarian form of governance.  Far more difficult (but not impossible, as we see in Canada) for private interests to affect policy.  Since that will likely never happen (dictatorship is far more likely than adoption of a parliamentary system), the only path left in my opinion is to get more people engaged and paying attention.  

Apparently Michigan has strict limits on the size of group gatherings (50-150) depending on region. 

Trump, as the supposed law and order candidate, just can’t give a fuck:

10 hours ago, downzy said:

Apparently Michigan has strict limits on the size of group gatherings (50-150) depending on region. 

Trump, as the supposed law and order candidate, just can’t give a fuck:

But look at the bright side. They get to listen November Rain. Trump loves that video. He even makes his staffers watch it :lol:

14 minutes ago, Padme said:

But look at the bright side. They get to listen November Rain. Trump loves that video. He even makes his staffers watch it :lol:

Under threat of the rack no doubt.  Personally I'd prefer the rack. 

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, Padme said:

I saw them holding signs in North Carolina that said "peaceful protestor".  It's ok as long as it's peaceful right?

21 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

I saw them holding signs in North Carolina that said "peaceful protestor".  It's ok as long as it's peaceful right?

A campaign rally is one thing. A protest is something else. However any kind of protest should be peaceful

41 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

He is on a roll.  This is pretty big.  Two historic middle-east peace deals within a month.  Everyone was laughing but he could actually win the Nobel Peace Prize.  

You spelled should wrong.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Ace Nova said:

He is on a roll.  This is pretty big.  Two historic middle-east peace deals within a month.  Everyone was laughing but he could actually win the Nobel Peace Prize.  

It is not a peace deal because they were not at war. Of course they were far from being friends. But they were not deployed forces, nobody was dropping bombs. And no shooting at each other at some batle field. Look at what it is written "Normalize ties" Eventually if anyone gets the Nobel Prize is going to be Israel and maybe also Bahrain

13 minutes ago, Padme said:

It is not a peace deal because they were not at war. Of course they were far from being friends. But they were not deployed forces, nobody was dropping bombs. And no shooting at each other at some batle field. Look at what it is written "Normalize ties" Eventually if anyone gets the Nobel Prize is going to be Israel and maybe also Bahrain

Or Jared Kushner :lol:

Again, the guy who separated kids from their parents in cages is not going to win the Nobel peace prize. Never going to happen.

The deals are substantial and will (hopefully) have long term ramifications for the region. But they don’t negate the damage Trump has done in America’s relations with other countries, particularly America’s allies.  What Trump’s “every country for themselves” approach has done to destabilize foreign relations is unmatched since America’s follies in South East Asia in the 60s and 70s.

Moreover, normalization of relations amongst Israel and small Arab states is a great start. But it’s not going to drastically change the region in the near future. Had Trump somehow brokered a deal between the PLO and Israel then his nomination and likely win would make a lot more sense. But we’re a long way from that achievement. 

• downzy changed the title to 2020 US Election Prediction Contest