Jump to content

US Politics/Elections Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 27.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • downzy

    4198

  • Dazey

    1556

  • soon

    1548

  • Georgy Zhukov

    1531

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Donald Trump just grabbed America by the pussy

Posted Images

2 hours ago, downzy said:

In the early running for post of the year for 2019...

Can't imagine who they'll get to replace her.  Always though Trump couldn't do any worse with Sanders but I'm likely about to be proven wrong.  

I hear they are trying to contact the ghost of Joseph Goebbels.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/30/2019 at 12:07 PM, downzy said:

Thanks.  Not a huge basketball fan but it's really energized the city and put everyone in a good mood.

That said, I think Toronto will be lucky to win one game.  

Well they pulled it off :lol: congrats man.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, -W.A.R- said:

Well they pulled it off :lol: congrats man.

Thanks!  Pretty exciting for the city (and the country) as there hasn't been a championship in Canada since the '93 World Series.  

GS injuries certainly helped but Toronto will take it.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Swampfox said:

I guess they should send Iran millions of dollars in suitcases to... Oh wait Obama is out of office nevermind.

Obama

Years in office - 8

Wars with Iran - 0

  • GNFNR 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Obama

Years in office - 8

Wars with Iran - 0

8 years of apologizing to the world for being the great country we are and paying off terrorist countries.  He was too worried about which bathrooms people should use to go to war with anyone.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Swampfox said:

8 years of apologizing to the world for being the great country we are and paying off terrorist countries.  He was too worried about which bathrooms people should use to go to war with anyone.  

 

Wars in seven countries not enough for you? We can't even win a war we've been in for 18 years. American children born in 2001 are now enough to die in a war that started in 2001. 

Edited by Georgy Zhukov
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Swampfox said:

8 years of apologizing to the world for being the great country we are and paying off terrorist countries.  He was too worried about which bathrooms people should use to go to war with anyone.  

A) You're a great country, but not a perfect one and not one who has made some terrible mistakes in its past.  Taking ownership for those mistakes is a sign of maturity and respect.  

B) You're ridiculous.  

1 minute ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

The funny thing is how unpopular this shit with intervening with Iran is

What shift are you talking about?  Was there support for a war with Iran prior to Iraq that I'm not aware of?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, downzy said:

 

What shift are you talking about?  Was there support for a war with Iran prior to Iraq that I'm not aware of?  

There was way more support for intervention generally before the Iraq war went bad. So yes, I can only assume if the neocons had pushed for a war with Iran in 2003 it would have been much more well received than it will now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

There was way more support for intervention generally before the Iraq war went bad. So yes, I can only assume if the neocons had pushed for a war with Iran in 2003 it would have been much more well received than it will now.

There was?  Based on what?  I know Bush/Cheney cooked up a bunch of lies about Saddam having WMDs and somehow being behind the 9/11 attacks, but outside of Bush's "Axis of Evil" remarks, I don't recall there being much support for an intervention in Iran.  Maybe you can provide some evidence for such a claim.

Moreover, why would an invasion intervention in Iran go any differently consider what has transpired in Iraq?  Shouldn't an intervention in Iran be perceived by anyone with their heads screwed on right as a fools errand considering what happened in Iraq?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess we now know what the climate change experts have been doing!

The EPA’s highest-paid employee and a leading expert on climate change was sentenced to 32 months in federal prison Wednesday for lying.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/climate-change-expert-sentenced-32-months-fraud-says-lying-was-flna2D11768995?fbclid=IwAR1H_Vyo3RmSq2I70z-T7bLn7aj2EbKk1GWYU7AOb2S31sKQs9qzqJhdkUE

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

Trump is instigating a war with Iran to get his poll numbers up. 

They're even floating using AUMF as justification. 

D88g0K6XYAEkzI4.jpg

Now would be a good time to repeal one of the worst bills of all time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 31illusions said:

I guess we now know what the climate change experts have been doing!

The EPA’s highest-paid employee and a leading expert on climate change was sentenced to 32 months in federal prison Wednesday for lying.

Yet Sarah Succubus Sanders is still walking the streets?

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, downzy said:

There was?  Based on what?  I know Bush/Cheney cooked up a bunch of lies about Saddam having WMDs and somehow being behind the 9/11 attacks, but outside of Bush's "Axis of Evil" remarks, I don't recall there being much support for an intervention in Iran.  Maybe you can provide some evidence for such a claim.

Moreover, why would an invasion intervention in Iran go any differently consider what has transpired in Iraq?  Shouldn't an intervention in Iran be perceived by anyone with their heads screwed on right as a fools errand considering what happened in Iraq?

Are you serious, do you remember the couple year period after 9/11? They could have just cooked up some bullshit that Iran had WMD's or had something to do with 9/11 and therewould have been the same support for an invasion of Iran as there was for Iraq. The public was bloodthirsty at that point. That's my point, anyone who was paying attention at the time knows this. It wasn't until the reality of war and nation building set in that people developed an immune system to these interventions again.

An invasion of Iran would be even more bloody and disastrous than Iraq since it's a stronger and more populous country obviously. The public would have learned this the hard way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Dazey said:

Yet Sarah Succubus Sanders is still walking the streets?

Apples and oranges.  This guy was nailed for lying about his work and getting paid for it while Sanders showed up to work every day and did a fantastic job.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

Apples and oranges.  This guy was nailed for lying about his work and getting paid for it while Sanders showed up to work every day and did a fantastic job.

He lied about his work and got paid for it whereas her work was to lie and get paid for it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Dazey said:

He lied about his work and got paid for it whereas her work was to lie and get paid for it. 

So I guess according to your logic Sanders should go to prison for doing her job?  The president is her boss and she served him the best anyone could have asked.  Her job as press secretary was to speak on his behalf.  And she showed up to work.  You don't see the contrast here?  The woman was up on a podium every day in front of a group of so called journalists with an agenda.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

So I guess according to your logic Sanders should go to prison for doing her job?  The president is her boss and she served him the best anyone could have asked.  Her job as press secretary was to speak on his behalf.  And she showed up to work.  You don't see the contrast here?  The woman was up on a podium every day in front of a group of so called journalists with an agenda.  

Well actually by my logic the president should go to prison for multiple counts of obstruction of justice but since a sitting president can’t be indicted I’ll settle for her until 2020. 

Also she didn’t show up for work every day as this administration has to all intents and purposes cancelled press briefings. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dazey said:

Well actually by my logic the president should go to prison for multiple counts of obstruction of justice but since a sitting president can’t be indicted I’ll settle for her until 2020. 

Also she didn’t show up for work every day as this administration has to all intents and purposes cancelled press briefings. 

No crime = no obstruction.  If you want to talk about obstruction look no further than Hillary Clinton.  She was ordered to hand over emails and cell phones but instead had the emails bleached and smashed the cell phones with hammers.  How exactly did Trump obstruct justice?  He didn't fire Mueller and let him finish his investigation on Russian collusion.  Mueller found nothing to charge Trump with so how is there obstruction?  And you'll be waiting for 2024 at the earliest btw.  The democrats have nobody that can beat Trump.  Keep America great 2020!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...