US Politics/Elections Thread

4 minutes ago, soon said:

Your still pretending that I wasnt calling you out for name calling in place of an argument? :lol: Liars are what we call people who tell lies.

Well, you accused me of "name calling".  I clearly stated it was jest and anyone viewing the original post can see it was in jest.  I never said I "did not say it".  So no, that was not a lie.  I also went on to break down our conversation so you would understand that the "point" I was making had nothing to do with police cars.  

But hey, if calling people "liars" on message boards somehow helps you rationalize other people's opinions, so be it.  I don't think that's healthy but to each, his own.  :shrugs:

• Like 1
  • Replies 26.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• downzy

• Georgy Zhukov

• classicrawker

• soon

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Donald Trump just grabbed America by the pussy

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

Well, you accused me of "name calling".  I clearly stated it was jest and anyone viewing the original post can see it was in jest.  I never said I "did not say it".  So no, that was not a lie.  I also went on to break down our conversation so you would understand that the "point" I was making had nothing to do with police cars.  

But hey, if calling people "liars" on message boards somehow helps you rationalize other people's opinions, so be it.  I don't think that's healthy but to each, his own.  :shrugs:

I think someone need to teach you how conversations work :lol:

3 minutes ago, soon said:

I think someone need to teach you how conversations work :lol:

Ok, let's move on to a "healthier conversation" in reference to your apparent dislike of law enforcement.

What is a realistic approach (in your opinion) to deterring crime, helping civilians in dangerous situations, enforcing laws, protecting people, etc without the use of law enforcement?  Or better yet, not using the current law enforcement that you (apparently) have disdain for?

9 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

Ok, let's move on to a "healthier conversation" in reference to your apparent dislike of law enforcement.

What is a realistic approach (in your opinion) to deterring crime, helping civilians in dangerous situations, enforcing laws, protecting people, etc without the use of law enforcement?  Or better yet, not using the current law enforcement that you (apparently) have disdain for?

End the drug war.

End broken window policing.

Legalize sex work.

Demilitarize the police.

Stop using police to respond to mental health crisis.

Train cops in de-escalation.

Fire bad cops. Remove the current barriers for that to happen. Remove and chiefs who wont make that a reality.

Take funding form their current budgets to create a response team for mental health issues.

Fewer cops with much better training.

Mental health evals quarterly. Mental health leave. And make it possible to loose ones job over poor mental health.

More holiday time for cops.

More mandatory community service, out of uniform but marked as a cop.

Zero tolernecen for domestic abusers.

Zero tolerance for racism in any form.

Zero tolerance for sexual harassment.

Explore having the police union being lead by non police. Explore if it can be more adversarial towards bad cops.

On duty police should be working physical labour on projects that will reduce crime and destitution such as building better infrastructure on Reservations. They are woking class, they are to be fit, and without over policing poor and racialized people and fighting the drug war they ought to have the time to take such preventative measures.

Edited by soon
21 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

Ok, let's move on to a "healthier conversation"

I never said anything about healthy conversation. I was only ever talking about desiring logical conversation. 

1 hour ago, soon said:

End the drug war. -

As you will see, when we have "healthier conversations" we're really not all that far apart, are we? 

I posted my responses under your statements in bold.  ;)

End the drug war. -

Agree.

End broken window policing. 

That's a broad statement and theory.  I would be a proponent of reduced fines and/or making the most minor crimes "civil offenses" vs. "criminal offenses".  But I would still want regular police presence in neighborhoods.  (This is coming from someone who grew up in Philadelphia...yes, for the most part, most neighborhoods want police patrolling their streets)

Legalize sex work. 

I never looked into it much.  I would look at states/countries where it is legal to see if it somehow helps with the (much bigger issue) of human trafficking. 

Demilitarize the police. 

Maybe.  Although countries like Italy have a huge militarized police presence throughout the country.  (Carabinieri)   I would look to see why a country like Italy has (next to) non existent issues with police brutality, etc.  I would try to uncover the core issue and build from there. 

Stop using police to respond to mental health crisis. 

Somewhat Agree.   If there was a serious threat (involving weapons) I would want police presence there but mental health workers could take the lead in certain situations

Train cops in de-escalation. 

Agree 

Fire bad cops. Remove the current barriers for that to happen. Remove and chiefs who wont make that a reality. 

Generally Agree.  Although I think this could be most effectively accomplished on a community level vs. a federal level. 

Take funding form their current budgets to create a response team for mental health issues. 

Disagree.  I don't think "moving" funds around will accomplish the best results.  If anything, there should be additional funding to better train police and to create a "mental health team" within police departments. 

Fewer cops with much better training. 

Generally disagree.   Better training yes but the size of a police force should be directly correlated to what it will take to make a community "safe".   If it means smaller, then "ok" but usually that is not the case, imo.

Mental health evals quarterly. Mental health leave. And make it possible to loose ones job over poor mental health. 

Generally agree. 

More holiday time for cops. 

Agree. 

More mandatory community service, out of uniform but marked as a cop. 

Generally Disagree.  Many law enforcement officers in the U.S. work 2nd jobs (security guards at clubs, etc) in order to subsidize their income.  Any "extra" time officers are required to work should be directed at training not "mandatory community service".  A better trained police force would ideally perform "community service" daily just based on their interactions with the community.

Zero tolerance for domestic abusers. 

Generally agree but the violation should be proven in a court of law before an officer loses his job.  Simply "accusing" someone of a crime does not mean they are guilty.  The same standard should be set between police officers and their communities. 

Zero tolerance for racism in any form. 

Agree. 

Zero tolerance for sexual harassment. 

Agree. 

Explore having the police union being lead by non police. Explore if it can be more adversarial towards bad cops. 

Doesn't seem like a bad idea on the surface.  Maybe have communities elect the heads of "police departments".  (It's already done here in Central Florida with the Sheriffs Office.  And no, it's not a requirement to have been in law enforcement to run for Sheriff, as far as I am aware.  I think some counties require that they go through the police academy and/or some police training, etc.)

On duty police should be getting working physical labour on projects that will reduce crime and destitution such as building better infrastructure on Reservations. They are woking class, they are to be fit, and without over policing poor and racialized people and fighting the drug war they ought to have the time to take such preventative measures.  

Disagree.  If you want to train a police force of the future, that gets along with communities, etc, any additional time they have should be spent on further training and developing relationships within the community, imo.  That would be something best done on a community level, imo.

Edited by Ace Nova
3 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Black people are still going to vote 90+% Democrat. This literally doesn't matter.

Imagine what he will say without a teleprompter during a debate with Trump.  Democrats must be shitting their pants.  This guy is a moron.

2 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

Imagine what he will say without a teleprompter during a debate with Trump.  Democrats must be shitting their pants.  This guy is a moron.

They'll both say dumb things. For all I know they'll cancel eachother out and no one is going to change their mind.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Swampfox said:

Eh, he didn’t fuck up too bad in the Primary debates really. I think you’re letting your desire influence your prediction here. I don’t think Biden will do great, but far from the emergency-level disaster that you are expecting. We can only see I guess.

7 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

As you can see, when we have "healthier conversations" we're really not all that far apart, are we? 

I posted my responses under your statements in bold.  ;)

Again, I never said anything about a healthy conversation. I repeatedly made a justified appeal for you to use logic.

3 minutes ago, Jakey Styley said:

Eh, he didn’t fuck up too bad in the Primary debates really. I think you’re letting your desire influence your prediction here. I don’t think Biden will do great, but far from the emergency-level disaster that you are expecting. We can only see I guess.

C'mon maaaan!

9 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

Your guy stared at an eclipse. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, soon said:

Again, I never said anything about a healthy conversation. 

Wouldn't a "healthy conversation" involve logic, in your opinion?  That's one of the the most important parts of having a "healthy conversation", imo.  :thumbsup:

8 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

C'mon maaaan!

I definitely have the worry and think it’s a possibility. But based on him not bombing the Primary debates, I don’t think he’ll bomb these ones. The debates are set up for the candidates to recite rehearsed soundbites anyway, Biden won’t be required to think on the spot that much.

16 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

Because if the 2016 election taught us anything, saying dumb shit in debates doesn’t matter. 

They’ll both sound like rambling idiots. One because he is an idiot, the other because he has battled with a speech impediment his entire life. 

2 minutes ago, Jakey Styley said:

I definitely have the worry and think it’s a possibility. But based on him not bombing the Primary debates, I don’t think he’ll bomb these ones. The debates are set up for the candidates to recite rehearsed soundbites anyway, Biden won’t be required to think on the spot that much.

Exactly.  Biden will have a canned and rehearsed response for almost every question or issue. Even if he doesn’t have an answer he’ll pivot to something he is prepared for. 

Debates are useless 

• Like 1
Just now, Swampfox said:

Your guy smells underage girls hair.

Your guy gropes his underage daughter. 

5 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

Your guy smells underage girls hair.

4 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Your guy gropes his underage daughter. 

Come on guys, don't act like me and soon in here.  :P

Slap Fight GIFs | Tenor

:lol: