US Politics/Elections Thread

14 minutes ago, downzy said:

No celebrities to counter Scott Baio?  They're doomed!

I'm kind of surprised and somewhat disappointed that Bill Clinton has a speaking role.  

I was a huge Clinton fan in the 90s through the early 2010s.  He is an outrageously talented politician and effective public speaker regardless of what you think of his politics.

But at the same time, the dude should have stepped down from the Presidency.  This has become far more clear to myself and others as behavioural standards have changed in the last five years.  For me, it just doesn't look good to have someone like Clinton on the stage when you're trying to make the case that Trump's behaviour is inappropriate for the office.  

I wonder when Barack Obama will speak.  Perhaps he'll introduce Biden.  I believe they plan on having Biden's VP pick speak Wednesday night.  

It's going to be weird without the crowds and fan fare.  Part of me thought they should green screen it and add the convention environment in real time.  

We'll see how it goes.  

You beat me to it by seconds!

There is a very long list of people. Bill will be there and also Hillary will be there, Elizabeth Warren, Gabby Giffords, etc

7 minutes ago, downzy said:

Nice.  Good pick.

I can't wait for Trump's comments on the matter. We know he can't call her Pocahontas. And I can't imagine what kind of name he is going to come up with <_<

• Replies 26.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• downzy

• Georgy Zhukov

• classicrawker

• soon

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Donald Trump just grabbed America by the pussy

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, downzy said:

LOL...

I was about to make the same joke. Do you think his wife will have to stand next to him on the podium? :lol: 

43 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I was about to make the same joke. Do you think his wife will have to stand next to him on the podium? :lol: 

I would hope one of her attack lines at some point in the debate is to turn to Pence and ask if his wife gave her blessing for him to be here. 

8 hours ago, Padme said:

Kamala Harris it is. That's just breaking news everywhere

Not surprising. I would have advised against this pick a few months ago but i don't think it matters at this point.

Edited by -W.A.R-

Doesn't Kamala Harris believe his (Biden's) accusers - ''I believe them and I respect them being able to tell their story and having the courage to do it'' (2019)? So by her own logic she is the running mate of a sexual predator! 

You couldn't make it up!

Edited by DieselDaisy
Just now, DieselDaisy said:

Doesn't Kamala Harris believe his (Biden's) accusers - ''I believe them and I respect them being able to tell their story and having the courage to do it'' (2019)? So by her own logic she is the running mate of a sexual predator! 

You couldn't make it up!

Believe all women... Except when they accuse a democrat.  

2 hours ago, Padme said:

Kamala Harris it is. That's just breaking news everywhere

2 hours ago, downzy said:

Nice.  Good pick.

I don't know much about Harris other than a brief internet research.  My local Congresswoman, Val Demmings was in the running but I'm guessing Harris got the nod since she seems to have more national exposure.   If Biden wins, it would be nice to see a local Congresswoman like Demmings be a part of his cabinet.   (I'm still not convinced Biden is going to win easily; unlike everyone else in this thread.  lol).   

I will say though, from the brief research I've done, Harris seems to be pretty tough on crime....or at least she was when she was Attorney General of California.  She also worked with Rand Paul on some bi-partisan issues...which is interesting, since Paul is (apparently) on the complete other side of the political compass. 

Huh, apparently she used to date Montel Williams, an american TV host. A lowest common denominator type if I understand correctly.

I wonder if he had the result in a manila envelope, built up the suspense, reached in and read the paper - "Ms Harris, you are the running mate." And then a cat fight broke out? :lol: 

1 minute ago, soon said:

Huh, apparently she used to date Montel Williams, an american TV host. A lowest common denominator type if I understand correctly.

Nah.  Montel was closer to an Oprah Winfrey type than a Jerry Springer type, imo.   I don't remember his show being "outlandish".  Although I could be wrong on that....it's been a while. :lol:

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

Nah.  Montel was closer to an Oprah Winfrey type than a Jerry Springer type, imo.   I don't remember his show being "outlandish".  Although I could be wrong on that....it's been a while. :lol:

Oh, okay, thanks. 

Well thats the type of bad info that an image search of "Kamala Harris sexy" will yield me when the sexiest pic then linked me to a daily mail article :lol::smiley-confused2:

8 minutes ago, soon said:

Oh, okay, thanks. 

Well thats the type of bad info that an image search of "Kamala Harris sexy" will yield me when the sexiest pic then linked me to a daily mail article :lol::smiley-confused2:

Yeah, I took a look at his wiki after you posted.  He was among the more serious talk shows hosts of the era.   I remember now that he developed MS and that was one of the more serious topics that surrounded him. 

I remember "liking" his show (as much as I can "like" a talk show.)  I never really got into most talk shows since I was usually working (or in school) when they were on.   But yeah, I would consider him much closer to Oprah or Dr.Phill than shows like Springer, etc.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, soon said:

Oh, okay, thanks. 

Sexy pics of Kamala Harris don't exist.  

54 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

So we have a sexual molester, whose running mate believes he is a sexual molester, trying to unseat a sexual molester?

If there was anything credible on Biden his own base would have eaten him by now.

12 hours ago, -W.A.R- said:

Not surprising. I would have advised against this pick a few months ago but i don't think it matters at this point.

Who did you have in mind? The only problem I see with Harris is that she is from California. Democrats have California in the pocket. Maybe it would've been a better idea/strategy to pick someone from Florida.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Dazey said:

If there was anything credible on Biden his own base would have eaten him by now.

You better tell that to his running mate then as last year she believed him to be guilty. 

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

You better tell that to his running mate then as last year she believed him to be guilty. 

She said she believed he'd been a bit of a space invader. She didn't say she believed the woman who actually called him a proper sex pest.

As far as the Tara Reide allegation was concerned, all she said was that she agreed she should be able to tell her story. As it happens that story doesn't seem to have been very credible because if it was there is no way that the woke left factions in the Democratic party would have let it go.

In April 2019, prior to Mr Biden entering the presidential race, reports surfaced of the former vice president inappropriately touching women.

When asked by reporters, Ms Harris said she believed the women who spoke out against her now-running mate.

“I believe them, and I respect them being able to tell their story and having the courage to do it,” she said.

Multiple women accused Mr Biden of inappropriately touching them, including one Nevada politician who said the former vice president came up to her at a 2014 campaign stop and kissed the back of her head. This encouraged Mr Biden to release a video addressing the allegations against him.

“Social norms are changing. I understand that, and I’ve heard what these women are saying. Politics to me has always been about making connections, but I will be more mindful about respecting personal space in the future. That’s my responsibility and I will meet it,” he said.

Then Tara Reade, a former aide to Mr Biden, came forward about allegations of sexual assault when he was a US senator, all of which he has vehemently denied.

Ms Harris, who was a potential vice president candidate at the time, was asked about the allegations, saying Ms Reade “has a right to tell her story”.

“And I believe that and I believe Joe Biden believes that, too,” she said on the San Francisco Chronicle podcast.

https://www.independent.co.uk/us-election-2020/kamala-harris-police-joe-biden-sexual-assault-law-and-order-2020-election-a9666131.html 

Edited by Dazey