US Politics/Elections Thread

1 hour ago, Padme said:

Who did you have in mind? The only problem I see with Harris is that she is from California. Democrats have California in the pocket. Maybe it would've been a better idea/strategy to pick someone from Florida.

Kamala is fine, shes more than capable. My idea was he pick someone that could soften his record and Harris with her record as a prosecutor/attorney general i felt wasn't a good match.

However that was before the pandemic and protests, so that seems less important to me now.

• Replies 26.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• downzy

• Georgy Zhukov

• classicrawker

• soon

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Donald Trump just grabbed America by the pussy

Posted Images

12 hours ago, downzy said:

Lol

Errr....pretty sure Cruz does not like Trump.  

But he’s a conservative so he’s falling in line with Trump in order to further conservative policy.  And in terms of “policy” Trump has cut taxes, deregulated business, and has nominated 2 Supreme Court Justices.   

33 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

But he’s a conservative so he’s falling in line with Trump in order to further conservative policy.  And in terms of “policy” Trump has cut taxes, deregulated business, and has nominated 2 Supreme Court Justices.   

The funny thing is, the Trump presidency has been no different than what a Jeb Bush presidency would have been. For all of Trump's populist bluster, he's been a standard Republican who just happens to tweet a lot.

18 hours ago, Padme said:

Who did you have in mind? The only problem I see with Harris is that she is from California. Democrats have California in the pocket. Maybe it would've been a better idea/strategy to pick someone from Florida.

Indeed.

Demings would have been a better pick, imo for that reason.  Demings isn’t on the far left either.  She was previously Captain of the Orlando Police Department and her husband was previously Sheriff of Orange County.  

Both of those Law Enforcement agencies have “pretty good” relationships with the communities here.  Seldom do we “hear about” police brutality issues, etc.  I would think someone like her would have been an ideal candidate; given the current social justice reform issues. 

But like I said, If Biden wins, I wouldn’t mind seeing her given the opportunity to become one of his cabinet members.  

Should be interesting to see how the nation reacts to Harris’ nomination in regards to polls, etc. Although most of those polls aren’t worth the paper they’re written on, imo. 

Edited by Ace Nova
37 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

Swallow insults about your wife and accusations of your dad killing Kennedy all for political survival.  

If you really think Cruz continues to support Trump because of tax cuts, regulation, and conservative justices, you don’t know Ted Cruz.

21 minutes ago, downzy said:

Swallow insults about your wife and accusations of your dad killing Kennedy all for political survival.  

If you really think Cruz continues to support Trump because of tax cuts, regulation, and conservative justices, you don’t know Ted Cruz.

Well, Biden just nominated a VP that thinks he might be a "sexual predator".  How is that different?...possibly worse?

Edited by Ace Nova
24 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

The funny thing is, the Trump presidency has been no different than what a Jeb Bush presidency would have been. For all of Trump's populist bluster, he's been a standard Republican who just happens to tweet a lot.

Pretty much, other than the back and forth tariffs with China, some back and forth with immigration....and some "miles added" to the border "wall".   Illegal immigration issues and border security would have likely been dealt with by either a Democratic or Republican president, imo...prior to Trump

It's unfortunate that the Trump vs media war has lead to the optics that illegal immigration and border security is alt-right ideology now and it's somehow linked to racism...and looks like no one from either side really wants to deal with it for fear of political backlash. 

Democrats will no longer focus on it (Both Obama and Clinton were pretty tough on illegal immigration and border policy) and who knows how Republicans will deal with it....there seems to be a divide on those issues within the Republican Party as well.

Edited by Ace Nova
3 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

Pretty much, other than the back and forth tariffs with China, some back and forth with immigration....and some "miles added" to the border "wall".   Illegal immigration issues and border security would have likely been dealt with by either a Democratic or Republican president, imo...prior to Trump

It's unfortunate that the Trump vs media war has lead to the optics that illegal immigration and border security is alt-right ideology now and it's somehow linked to racism...and looks like no one from either side really wants to deal with it for fear of political backlash. 

Democrats will no longer focus on it (Both Obama and Clinton were pretty tough on illegal immigration and border policy) and who knows how Republicans will deal with it....there seems to be a divide on those issues within the Republican Party as well.

Mind you, I wasn't saying 'he's been a standard Republican' as a compliment, because I think standard Republicans are shit :lol:

• Haha 1
26 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

Well, Biden just nominated a VP that thinks he might be a "sexual predator".  How is that different?...possibly worse?

???

2 hours ago, Dazey said:

She said she believed he'd been a bit of a space invader. She didn't say she believed the woman who actually called him a proper sex pest.

As far as the Tara Reide allegation was concerned, all she said was that she agreed she should be able to tell her story. As it happens that story doesn't seem to have been very credible because if it was there is no way that the woke left factions in the Democratic party would have let it go.

Err...slippery slope there, imo. She said she “believed them” but  later went on to “clean up” her statement...alluding to that maybe the reason those allegations are getting traction now is because “society has changed”.

Decent attempt at a save but still doesn’t quite change her original statement. 

4 minutes ago, downzy said:

???

In reference to her statement saying she “believes his accusers”.   I know she cleared up her statement later but she never stated anything along the lines that she “does not think Biden’s accusers are telling the truth.”

3 hours ago, Dazey said:

She said she believed he'd been a bit of a space invader. She didn't say she believed the woman who actually called him a proper sex pest.

As far as the Tara Reide allegation was concerned, all she said was that she agreed she should be able to tell her story. As it happens that story doesn't seem to have been very credible because if it was there is no way that the woke left factions in the Democratic party would have let it go.

''I believe them and I respect them being able to tell their story and having the courage to do it'' (2019).

Another example of hypocrisy of the left, willing to support a sexual predator just to unseat Trump! Biden looks like a uber arsehole. 

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

''I believe them and I respect them being able to tell their story and having the courage to do it'' (2019).

Another example of hypocrisy of the left, willing to support a sexual predator just to unseat Trump! Biden looks like a uber arsehole. 

Sorry but what sexual predation are we talking about here?

1 minute ago, Dazey said:

Sorry but what sexual predation are we talking about here?

Biden has been accused of inappropriate contact with women at public events, such as embracing, kissing, gripping, or placing a hand on their shoulder.[379][380] He has described himself as a "tactile politician" and admitted this behavior has caused trouble for him in the past.[381]

In March 2019, former Nevada assemblywoman Lucy Flores alleged that Biden had touched her without her consent at a 2014 campaign rally in Las Vegas. In an op-ed, Flores wrote that Biden had walked up behind her, put his hands on her shoulders, smelled her hair, and kissed the back of her head, adding that the way he touched her was "an intimate way reserved for close friends, family, or romantic partners—and I felt powerless to do anything about it."[382] Biden's spokesman said Biden did not recall the behavior described.[383] Two days later, Amy Lappos, a former congressional aide to Jim Himes, said Biden touched her in a non-sexual but inappropriate way by holding her head to rub noses with her at a political fundraiser in Greenwich in 2009.[384] The next day, two more women came forward with allegations of inappropriate conduct. Caitlin Caruso said Biden placed his hand on her thigh, and D.J. Hill said he ran his hand from her shoulder down her back.[385][386] In early April 2019, three women told The Washington Post Biden had touched them in ways that made them feel uncomfortable.[387] In April 2019, former Biden staffer Tara Reade said she had felt uncomfortable on several occasions when Biden touched her on her shoulder and neck during her employment in his Senate office in 1993.[388] Biden apologized for not understanding how people would react to his actions, but said his intentions were honorable. He went on to say he was not sorry for anything he had ever done, which led critics to accuse him of sending a mixed message.[389]

In March 2020, Reade accused him of sexual assault, describing an incident in 1993.[390] Biden and his campaign denied the allegation.[391][392]

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

You're conflating two separate things here. One is Biden invading people's space and getting a bit handsy which he copped to and apologised for. These are the instances that Harris said she believed the accusers about which again considering that Biden admitted to them doesn't really mean a lot. The other was the actual sexual assault allegation for which she simply said that the accuser should be allowed to tell her story. She has told her story and if it were credible Biden wouldn't be the nominee.  

Just now, Dazey said:

You're conflating two separate things here. One is Biden invading people's space and getting a bit handsy which he copped to and apologised for. These are the instances that Harris said she believed the accusers about which again considering that Biden admitted to them doesn't really mean a lot. The other was the actual sexual assault allegation for which she simply said that the accuser should be allowed to tell her story. She has told her story and if it were credible Biden wouldn't be the nominee.  

It is comical how you are willing to dismiss this as a ''bit handsy'' haha. Your hatred for Trump has distorted your brain.

• Like 1
Just now, DieselDaisy said:

It is comical how you are willing to dismiss this as a ''bit handsy'' haha. Your hatred for Trump has distorted your brain.

You mean Pussy Grabber Trump? 

15 minutes ago, Dazey said:

As someone who hasn't paid much attention to any of that stuff, it's easy to get those statements confused.  (I pretty much did).   If this gets any sort of traction on the right (not sure it will because of Trump's history) she may need to clarify her statements. 

15 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

You hate the one, but not the other! 

11 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It sounds like Biden has adopted Trump's maxim on ''grabbing them by the pussy'' and is using it whole heartily. 

I don't think either side does themselves any favors when they attempt to use "accusers" for political gain, especially when the alleged incidents occurred (in some cases) 20+ years ago.  There's too much conflict of interest when these allegations (always seem to) surface when someone is running for president, etc. 

Trump has been a public figure for his entire life so for the majority of his accusers to come out now makes (at least) a portion of the public believe it's being done for political purposes vs. social justice purposes.

Same thing goes for when Biden's accusers are used for political gain.  A good portion of the public will only see it as a political ploy vs a social justice issue.

22 minutes ago, Dazey said:

About the "invading someone's space" because Biden acknowledged that happening I'll ask you this.  How would you feel if that was your wife being touched in that way by her employer?  Just touching her neck and shoulders is enough for me to say that's crossing the line.

3 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

I don't think either side does themselves any favors when they attempt to use "accusers" for political gain, especially when the alleged incidents occurred (in some cases) 20+ years ago.  There's too much conflict of interest when these allegations (always seem to) surface when someone is running for president, etc. 

Trump has been a public figure for his entire life so for the majority of his accusers to come out now makes (at least) a portion of the public believe it's being done for political purposes vs. social justice purposes.

Same thing goes for when Biden's accusers are used for political gain.  A good portion of the public will only see it as a political ploy vs a social justice issue.

Tara Reide's story has been corroborated by two people and her mother told Larry King the story on the air long before Biden ran for President.  All of Trump's accusers as well as Brett Kavenaugh's accusers came out of nowhere with zero corroboration.  What Kavenaugh went through was a disgusting display by Democrats.

• Like 1