Why is Richard Fortus the most accepted/least hated member of NuGNR?

I'm gonna go ahead and contribute to the subject now that I understand it (sorry again Towlie!):

I've had 2 or 3 non-forum people go to GN'R shows with me since 2002 and many of them have come away liking 4tus the most. The most comment I hear most often is that they just think he's a bad ass blues guitarist. A couple people have also mentioned his stage presence, the way he attacks his guitars, slings them around, etc.

I've noticed this for a while now. Even those who despise NuGNR don't seem to mind Fortus. I've seen several folks talk about an original band reunion adding Fortus into the mix. Why would you say Richard gets a free pass over the likes of Finck, Ron or BH (lets pretend DJ never happened)?

What does Finck, Bucket, Dj,and Bumble all have in common that richard doesn't?

The other guys didn't replace Slash. That's why!

No matter how good the other guys were, you'll never be accepted for replacing slash no matter how much better or worse you are.

I'm gonna go ahead and contribute to the subject now that I understand it (sorry again Towlie!):

I've had 2 or 3 non-forum people go to GN'R shows with me since 2002 and many of them have come away liking 4tus the most. The most comment I hear most often is that they just think he's a bad ass blues guitarist. A couple people have also mentioned his stage presence, the way he attacks his guitars, slings thm around, etc.

He does have this kind of "mellow" or a real "Chill" kind of cool presence when he is up there..and he looks like izzy so that helps tremendously..?

I feel the same way though. Saw them live for the first time in person a few years ago. Ashba Icould understand fans having a hard time- seems like he just tried too hard to be something he wasn't. And again, Richard didn't replace Slash. That is just an irreplaceable position. It'd be like replacing page with Slash, as incredible as Slash is he just isn't jimmy page and zeppelin fans would hate it.

He has always seemed to know his role and what this band is, never tries to be more than he is in the context of nu guns. The most annoying thing can be his party line interviews of "something amazing happening soon!" but all things considered he is an incredibly gifted guitarist who wasn't trying to be something he wasn't.