Slash's blues jam w/ Jimmy Vivino at Maui Sugar Mills Aug 24

Slash2baz

Slash's boosted Silver Jubilee live tone was his best live tone ever; I dunno why he dropped the Jube for the AFD100 and now for the 800, many people thinks his tone now is pretty average. His live Jube years were just killer tone.

• Like 2

Slash's boosted Silver Jubilee live tone was his best live tone ever; I dunno why he dropped the Jube for the AFD100 and now for the 800, many people thinks his tone now is pretty average. His live Jube years were just killer tone.

Right?

That's the very exact thing I have been repeating for years now. Not sure why he decided to go back to that thin, boring tone.

These videos were great.. Maybe the best true blues I have ever seen Slash play.

The Pasadena 1987 Blues Jam is terrific

funny thing is that Axl introduces it as "SOMETHING THE BOYS BEEN KINDA WORKING ON"

wonder how long they practiced that

and if they used to play this blues theme on rehearsals, soundchecks etc

These videos were great.. Maybe the best true blues I have ever seen Slash play.

Blues Jam on Middletown 1988 is nice too

there is a somewhat long and somewhat pointless and somewhat boring slash solo that lasts 4 minutes at the beginning of this video

on the 4m22s mark they begin to play the blues jam and it sounds really nice

its just too bad the sound quality on this one is not so great as the pasadena recording

• Like 1

and this... from madison 1987

on some bootlegs it is listed as COP RAP, and on some bootlegs it is listed as AXL'S BLUES

this is terrific, terrific blues and Axl ranting over it makes it even better

(if they were playing the blues "under" every Axl rant, the Use Your Illusion Tour rants would have been so much more fun)

Thanks ludurigan, I have heard all those and they are great but I don't consider them "true blues".. Yes, they are jamming out to the basic 12 bar blues rhythm but I wouldn't call what Slash is doing over it legitimate blues if that makes sense.

really?

wow

i think thats pure blues and I love it!

Right?

That's the very exact thing I have been repeating for years now. Not sure why he decided to go back to that thin, boring tone.

Yup I've been saying that too. Especially from AL tour to WOF tour the difference was very noticeable, the 800 unboosted does not sound good live at all IMO. It sounds cold and thin, needs a clean boost or OD. Or like Klay said, use the Jubilee or 2555SL or the pre-prod AFD.

No, pure blues is something else. That's the rock/metal/punk boys of GNR trying to do blues. But they don't have a grasp on how to get that true sound.

Yeah, blues, and blues-rock are two very different things. I enjoy both, but they're different.

Edited by OmarBradley