What would you say if Robin Finck and Buckethead came back for round II?

I swear, there are like 5 people on this board who care more about Robin and Buckethead's tenure that Robin and Buckethead themselves.

Get with it, guys: neither Robin nor Buckethead ever cared for anything GNR other than the paycheck. And once that paycheck was cashed, off they went.

Edited by niceguy
  • Like 1

I'd be great with it, especially if it means Chinese Leftovers.

Those guys pushed Axl musically.

How do you figure? His music got so much worse with them.

All personal opinion and preference.

I personally love the songs from CD that sound nothing like Illusions and Appetite. Better, TWAT, Shacklers, IRS and Rhiad. Those are songs where Axl went outside his normal comfort zone.

I would much rather get another album like that as opposed to an album with only seven songs, all eight minute new versions of Breakdown and Locomotive

• Like 1

For me get CD II, maybe with a song or parts added by Slash, Izzy, Duff, but then tour with those guys.

Orchestral songs that may only get play once don't need Slash input. But maybe one or two songs Bucket, Ron, Finck just didn't get it. If Izzy has a song like Down by the Ocean, Izzy and Duff lay down parts.

But mainly just get them for the tour to play the classic GNR stuff. Put CD II out as Axl has worked on that album for years.

Put one new song with Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy writing credits and everyone is happy.

I personally love the songs from CD that sound nothing like Illusions and Appetite. Better, TWAT, Shacklers, IRS and Rhiad. Those are songs where Axl went outside his normal comfort zone.

I would much rather get another album like that as opposed to an album with only seven songs, all eight minute new versions of Breakdown and Locomotive

Totally agreed! CD is my favorite album, and would love to hear another album like it

It's funny that everyone just seems to think original Gnr would just rehash what they did. they didn't rehash AFD with Lies, they didn't rehash AFD or LIES with the Illusions, both Illusions are quite different from one and other yet this notion that all they would do is replicate their past work seems to be what people think.

You're right it's personal opinion and preference but to me the songs you mention from the Illusions make the songs you mentioned on CD sound like big steaming piles of turd so I don't see how Buckethead and Robin "pushed" Axl musically other than in the wrong direction

Edited by Bono

Hate to break it to you all but the 99% don't want either guy back.

It ain't happening anyway.

This fucking with GNRs identity has been proven categorically as a bad idea.

- Get the old band back, tour, make a double album with all the vault material lying around form each player and go tour again.

- Axl then release a solo album and have whomever the fuck you want on it, including Bucket and Finch.

- Slash do likewise

- Everybody happy and winning

• Like 1

Hate to break it to you all but the 99% don't want either guy back.

Why do you think this is breaking news to anyone?

The thread just seems pointless for the very fact I pointed out. Its like having a thread on magic carpets, everybody agreeing they would be great but ultimately its never going to happen. So why bother.

Edited by Intercourse

i really hope for at least a Robin return since the Slash thing is still in the "not in this lifetime" category.

Bucket + Robin + Brain would be a dream come true, i want to see this lineup before i die.

Too bad Bucket cut the touring cos health issues and Brain is semiretired.