What might you have otherwise done with your life?

Gracii Guns

I once applied to join the Army. :lol:

As what, a fuckin' target? :lol:
The don't ask/don't tell policy opened a lot of doors for some people.

I once applied to join the Army. :lol:

As what, a fuckin' target? :lol:
The don't ask/don't tell policy opened a lot of doors for some people.

A lot of fuckin' people :lol:

I should have been a movie star. Aced my acting class in college. ;)

was this you

:P

Hahaha...no, not nearly that bad...lol...I never thought I was that good but my professor went nuts over my performances...ended up with a final grade of 104 or something....he gave extra credit points so that students who were on the brink of a bad grade or failing would have a chance to pass....all the students had to take the extra credit in order to be fair....I aced all the extra credit and ended up with a grade over 100....best I ever did in any college course...lol.

• Like 1

was this you

Hahaha...no, not nearly that bad...lol...I never thought I was that good but my professor went nuts over my performances...ended up with a final grade of 104 or something....he gave extra credit points so that students who were on the brink of a bad grade or failing would have a chance to pass....all the students had to take the extra credit in order to be fair....I aced all the extra credit and ended up with a grade over 100....best I ever did in any college course...lol.
Sorry dude but I'm struggling to reconcile the words "professor" and "acting class". :lol: Edited by Dazey

was this you

Sorry dude but I'm struggling to reconcile the words "professor" and "acting class". :lol:
Lose the two r's the e and the double s and you have the right letters :lol: Edited by Len B'stard

I should have gone to college and become a teacher.

Instead I went to work in the business world. My first boss was awesome, but then I got transferred to work for a woman who wasn't qualified for the position she had. She got the job because she worked for a VP who retired and he got her this position. She drove me nuts for 8 years until I quit.

Edited by Val22

Lol...There's a lot more to it than I thought....memorizing lines, scenes, etc...you actually even have to memorize the other actors' lines as well so that you know when it's your turn to speak...it was a lot of fun.

I've been thinking of trying an acting class, just to try since I've been entertaining the idea for 10 plus years. I just hope I don't end up in a class with a bunch if oddballs who seem to be trying way too hard to be different and artsy. I've had too many art classes and literature classes like that. <_<

I'd be nervous about memorizing lines though. :monkey:

Its about much more than memorising yours and other peoples lines, its about knowing your character, its emotions and motvations, its about being physically convincing, its about behaviour, its about how you use your eyes (very important), its about standing in exact and precise places. Its actually easier in a theatre sense and more of a bastard on film because its less about what you are physically doing overall and more about presenting the part of you that the camera is to focus on for that particular part, standing on an exact spot, moving your head or whatever part of you a precise amount of degrees so it can be photographed correctly.

And thats just the tip of the ice cream.

Edited by Len B'stard