The Loop's Mancow Miller says Clear Channel would produce the US$500 million GNR reunion

https://playadelnacho.wordpress.com/2015/08/28/guns-n-roses-us-500-milhoes-por-100-shows-diz-radio-dos-eua/

I didn't find a link in english, but it says there that on The Mancow Show that aired this morning on Chicago's radio The Loop, Mancow Miller talked about the GNR reunion, and apart from mentioning the "evidences" we already know he also added that Clear Channel would produce the tour, and that it would be 100 concerts for 500 million dollars. There must be someone here who heard it on the radio? Anyway, here's a pic of Axl with a The Loop shirt :lol:

axltheloop.jpg

Edited by ManetsBR

Saw this on facebook:

*Slash checks the box office $$$ from Straight Outta Compton*

*Axl Rose checks the box office $$$ from Straight Outta Compton*

*ring ring ring*

*hey you wanna bury the hatchet and make that N.W.A. money?*

*You know it*

:lol:

• Like 1

https://playadelnacho.wordpress.com/2015/08/28/guns-n-roses-us-500-milhoes-por-100-shows-diz-radio-dos-eua/

I didn't find a link in english, but it says there that on The Mancow Show that aired this morning on Chicago's radio The Loop, Mancow Miller talked about the GNR reunion, and apart from mentioning the "evidences" we already know he also added that Clear Channel would produce the tour, and that it would be 100 concerts for 500 million dollars. There must be someone here who heard it on the radio? Anyway, here's a pic of Axl with a The Loop shirt :lol:

axltheloop.jpg

Does that mean they would pay GnR 500 million for 100 shows? If so, that's ridiculous.

If they sold out every show at 25,000 people at 200 bucks a ticket - that covers the 500 million. So where would their profit come from? Splitting beer sales with the venues?

And even Axl would probably suck up his pride for that tour. Less than years work and get paid 100 million dollars?

Edited by Apollo

Well, but some concerts would have much more than 25 thousand people and the tickets would cost more than that.

If it were to ever happen, I sure hope that tickets wouldn't cost more than that. It would mean that many genuine fans wouldn't be able to afford it, and that would be a real shame. I'd hate for it to be a cash-grab rather than the band getting back together to have a bloody good time, to do something for the fans, and to show the world just why they were once the biggest name in rock.

Well, I understand and I somewhat agree, but if there was a reunion I'm pretty sure that whoever's in charge of sorting the prices would rip us all. I mean, a GNR reunion is a situation in which they - promoters, whatever - would be able to charge a lot, and if that's the case, why wouldn't they?

Wouldn't the band have some kind of say in it? I don't know what Axl is like nowadays, but he used to talk about how he came from a pretty rough background, and he wasn't particularly well-off back then, so he was just like everyone else, really. Then, there are comments from former members about doing it for the right reasons, that it should be for the fans, and Fortus said that Axl's had some outrageously high offers, but that he won't whore himself out, that it should be for something besides money.

Ticket prices have always been reasonable. At least, that's my experience here in the UK. Last time (2012, I think?) they were £40 or £50 for a good seat. I can't remember exactly, but two tickets + Ticketmaster fee + shipping came to just over £100. I've always respected them for not charging a fortune. So I would hate to see such a momentous occasion as a reunion become a well-off fans only type of thing, leaving out many who have stuck with the band through thick and thin just as much as those who can afford to pay hundreds of pounds/dollars/etc.

Surely reunion members could negotiate with promoters, to make it a fair deal for everyone involved, including fans? They'd still make millions each.

Edited by Kittiara

Let's get Donald Trump on board. If I'm elected president I will reunite Guns N Roses. It will be the best tour ever. It will make billions of dollars and stimulate the economy and add thousands of jobs. They will only play in the biggest and best stadiums newly constructed just for this purpose. They will make one last album together and it will be the best album ever made in the history of music. It shall be called TRUMP N ROSES. Thank you for your support. Let's make America and Guns N Roses great again!

• Like 3

it's a massive amount of money tho, but then again why would they want so much money they can never spend? with only 20-30 years to live and in axl's case no children and being rich as fuck already i don't see how this would motivate him lol

Team Brazil gotta eat yo! :lol:

axltheloop.jpg

Does that mean they would pay GnR 500 million for 100 shows? If so, that's ridiculous.

If they sold out every show at 25,000 people at 200 bucks a ticket - that covers the 500 million. So where would their profit come from? Splitting beer sales with the venues?

And even Axl would probably suck up his pride for that tour. Less than years work and get paid 100 million dollars?

Scalpers, that´s the trick all promoters of all shows of all artists around the world profit.

axltheloop.jpg

God that picture. Axl's pink jacket...Izzy's jacket three sizes too small...