The Loop's Mancow Miller says Clear Channel would produce the US$500 million GNR reunion

I see the 100 shows grossing 500 million but the band only seeing a portion of that, like 100 million. They'd play to 20000 in NA at each show and 75000 threw out the rest of the world. I'd see ticket price in NA at $250 for floor, $175-200 for lower bowl and $100 for upper deck. Rest of the world would be looking at twice that. Top priced arena shows (like the stones) gross north of 5 mill per show, if they grossed half that they'd be laughing. If they did 40 NA shows that would be probably 100 million in revenue, and 60 shows everywhere else would bring in around 6 mill a show totaling 360 mill totaling 460 mill.

I'm sure there is some truth to the rumor but the details could very easily be off.

Mancow is a borderline shock jock so he could easily exaggerate what he's heard although I don't see him outright lying about it.

So the truth probably lies somehwere in the middle....Clear channel is in negotiations with G N R....something along the lines of hundreds of shows for hundreds of millions of dollars.

Also, when they announce things like this, the 500 million could be the total cost and what they expect to gross on the tour...meaning that G N R would only get a percentage of that amount.

Edited by Kasanova King