SCOM filming

Dijon

Hey Marc SCOM has always been my fav video from the band, eventhough they have produced some remarkable music videos, the raw authetic feeling from the early productions is just undeniable. Thought I would take the opportunity and ask a few questions regarding the making of that video.

1. When and where was it filmed?

2. Who thought of the concept, and why?

3. Do you know what everyone did before and after shooting the video? Did they gather before to go through the shooting? Did they do something special after? Or did they just go home with their girlfriends?

4. When the video hit, how was it received by the public?

Thanks in advance man!

I was not at this Video shoot and don't really know much about the concept but I do remember when it hit MTV, it took off and was in the heaviest rotation. It took the band to a whole new level and then it climbed the charts until it hit #1 and also made it to hot 100 radio stations. A couple of months latter they put out Paradise City and that just sealed the deal for the band. They took over MTV with all 3 videos and yet they only did a handful of gigs in 1989 when they were on top of the world. 4 of them with the Stones with a worm up gig /Its So Easy video shoot at the Cathouse and a RIP Magazine party and I think 2 gigs in Japan. In 1990 I think ithey only played a few songs for farm Aid. UYI tour started in May of 1991 and then they toured for 2 years until they were burnt out.

Edited by recklessroad

I was not at this Video shoot and don't really know much about the concept but I do remember when it hit MTV, it took off and was in the heaviest rotation. It took the band to a whole new level and then it climbed the charts until it hit #1 and also made it to hot 100 radio stations. A couple of months latter they put out Paradise City and that just sealed the deal for the band. They took over MTV with all 3 videos and yet they only did a handful of gigs in 1989 when they were on top of the world. 4 of them with the Stones with a worm up gig /Its So Easy video shoot at the Cathouse and a RIP Magazine party and I think 2 gigs in Japan. In 1990 I think ithey only played a few songs for farm Aid. UYI tour started in May of 1991 and then they toured for 2 years until they were burnt out.

They also did the two Rock In Rio gigs in January 1991. But yeah, overall it's pretty remarkable to think about how the band didn't do that many shows during the time period when they were arguably the top music act in the world. But I guess they were burnt out from the years of endlessly playing clubs and all of the shows they did as an opening act to promote AFD in 1987-1988

It´s so easy was definitely a rad video as well. What can you tell us about the filming of that?

According to gnrontour the date was april 11, 1988.

04.11.88 - Ballroom, Huntington Park, CA

set: Sweet Child O' Mine

notes: This was the video shoot for 'Sweet Child O' Mine.'

Source: http://www.gnrontour.com/setlistalm88.htm

Nice, good to know!

According to gnrontour the date was april 11, 1988.

04.11.88 - Ballroom, Huntington Park, CA

set: Sweet Child O' Mine

notes: This was the video shoot for 'Sweet Child O' Mine.'

Source: http://www.gnrontour.com/setlistalm88.htm

"The Ballroom"? Huntington Park is my home town. Is that the actual name of the place where it was filmed? I don't recall such a place there.