Tommy Stinson OUT ? (new interview)

Oh wow! Lol did Dj get one? :P

Lol no idea, at least one other person posted theirs online also..there was a thread about it a while ago

I'd imagine if Bucket or Bumble got one in the mail, it went straight into the trash

Edited by Gackt

Lol no idea, at least one other person posted theirs online also..there was a thread about it a while ago

I'd imagine if Bucket or Bumble got one in the mail, it went straight into the trash

Lol those two did seem the most bitter with Axl after leaving..

I will say though that seems like a textbook "Thank you for your contribution best of luck in your future endeavors" scenario...why else send them?

My thought, if we really are headed for a reunion, even though I'm not holding my breath. Regardless, I'd want CD II before a reunion.

Axl

Slash

Duff

Izzy / Gilby / Richard (any combination of 2)

Steven AND Matt alternating / Frank

Dizzy

Pitman

If nothing else, these are interesting times.

Right now the lineup is Axl, Frank and Fortus (sometimes Pittman) and Dizzy. I think they are going for a techno sound where Axl raps over it.

Jk the lineup will be

Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, and yes Steven.

These guys aren't mixing and matching. It's back to AFD.

Fortus is gone. He's basically a decoy at this point to keep the illusion of a nu band alive. Frank is the same, he's done. Dizzy will play a part in the reunion, as will Sorum. But for the most part it will be the original 5.

Axl is trying to get his voice in check, Slash is trying to finish up what's on his plate so he can clear the way for a reunion, Duff is basically in GNR, izzy is too, and Steven doesn't know yet. They don't want him to have a heart attack. They aren't sure he can handle it

Right now the lineup is Axl, Frank and Fortus (sometimes Pittman) and Dizzy. I think they are going for a techno sound where Axl raps over it.

Jk the lineup will be

Fortus is gone. He's basically a decoy at this point to keep the illusion of a nu band alive. Frank is the same, he's done. Dizzy will play a part in the reunion, as will Sorum. But for the most part it will be the original 5.

Axl is trying to get his voice in check, Slash is trying to finish up what's on his plate so he can clear the way for a reunion, Duff is basically in GNR, izzy is too, and Steven doesn't know yet. They don't want him to have a heart attack. They aren't sure he can handle it

I doubt that Steven would be able to complete a tour and stay clean in the process, and you're basically kissing any UYI songs from the set list goodbye.

Either have Steven and Matt alternate, or just give the gig to Matt and move on.

Jk the lineup will be

I doubt that Steven would be able to complete a tour and stay clean in the process, and you're basically kissing any UYI songs from the set list goodbye.

Either have Steven and Matt alternate, or just give the gig to Matt and move on.

Frank is more talented than both drummers combined, if it comes down to who can play what well, he can play it all, and play it well. For that alone i pick Frank. Matt can't play CD songs and axl never liked him, matt joked about being fired and rehired over and over lol. Thats cause he was a dumbass drum machine. No frank is the best so far plus he's from da hood. hes got mad respect for the band and it shows.

Edited by SuperBlaine

Jk the lineup will be

Frank is more talented than both drummers combined, if it comes down to who can play what well, he can play it all, and play it well. For that alone i pick Frank. Matt can't play CD songs and axl never liked him, matt joked about being fired and rehired over and over lol. Thats cause he was a dumbass drum machine. No frank is the best so far plus he's from da hood. hes got mad respect for the band and it shows.

Frank plays an awful Brownstone and Rocket Queen. No groove.

• Like 2

Lol those two did seem the most bitter with Axl after leaving..

I will say though that seems like a textbook "Thank you for your contribution best of luck in your future endeavors" scenario...why else send them?

DJ got one and posted about it, Frank too, I think even that Bubbles guy? Oh, and Jarmo got one too.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure Fortus is still in.

His last interview where he said "mmmh hehe mayyyybeee ?" when asked if GnR had a new guitarist beside him after the reunion talk etc was an interesting clue.

Fortus is the least reliable guy as far predictions and clues. His track record is appalling.

I want a reunion record to start off with a 20 minute long Yes style suit - a multi-piece epic rocker. "Welcome Back (to the Jungle)"

Yes. Intro Civil War quotes, Jungle intro, into Paradise riff, SCOM cords, Don't Cry solo, Nov Rain piano, Locomotive rapping into final Estranged dolphin melodies, My World freestyling, Coma solo ranting ending, This I Love outro, shiver low talking spoken word poetry. Edited by wasted

Wasn't there someome over here that stated all contracts were over for the members of gnr hence all the golden records everyone got? And that the band would take at least a good year off and see where things were when they would be ready.

At least we know that Dj is out and Bumblefoot. Tommy states that he'll be back when the call is out.

We know everyone has their side projects to fall back on so no one is loosing any sleep or money.

At least we had a five year stable band! That toured everywhere and since 09 got on stage earlier then later!

I keel thinking on what could happen if the band really did brake up after the vegas.

Look a reunion could or could not happen. And i'm hoping we still gonna get cd two and three in our life time!

Cause i love the songs from chidem! Even hoping for a reworked oh my god! Going down was a really nice song which i love (except the solo bit, that was just a copy and paste thingy to me) and the band was tight through the years!

Even would love if they recorded new versions of don't let ir bring you down, sailing, the seeker!

I want a reunion record to start off with a 20 minute long Yes style suit - a multi-piece epic rocker. "Welcome Back (to the Jungle)"

Yes. Intro Civil War quotes, Jungle intro, into Paradise riff, SCOM cords, Don't Cry solo, Nov Rain piano, Locomotive rapping into final Estranged dolphin melodies, My World freestyling, Coma solo ranting ending, This I Love outro, shiver low talking spoken word poetry.

That 'Owwwww' from the start of So Fine still sends shivers down my spine...

I am not surprised that the lineup was dissolved after the last gig, Axl himself has stated that there might be a difference between a recording lineup and a touring lineup, and this seems to be more or less how he and the band works. What is interesting is more the fact that some seems to know what is going on (Richard and Frank), while others clearly don't (Tommy). Maybe it is just coincidental, or maybe the former are included in whatever is going to happen next (adding new tracks to a new album, or being part of the next lineup) while Tommy isn't. Still, it is just coincidental that if Tommy is out, then the band needs a new guitar player and a new bass player? I still doubt a reunion with Slash and Duff is going to happen, but Axl always does what I least expect... :D

Edited by SoulMonster

All of the key players in Axl's GNR left like 8-12 years or so ago...no real disrespect meant here but I couldn't give a rat's ass if Richard, Tommy, Frank, Mothergoose and Dizzy all got the bullet...sounds like they already have to be honest.

I'm sure that whatever happens next, Dizzy will be there as always though.

It's a real shame if that's it re his involvement with Guns. The thing is though that, as a huge fan of his work, this is probably better as he'll actually be able to record and release more stuff. It's a shame about the 'Mats as well - I loved the show I saw in London earlier in the year and it was a dream come true seeing him and Paul live. Tommy certainly seemed far more into it than he was with Guns.

I think this'll be it regarding Guns for the time being. I imagine there will be a reunion at some point in the not too distant future. Hell, if Floyd and Zeppelin can have one last hurrah I imagine GN'R will.

Yes. Intro Civil War quotes, Jungle intro, into Paradise riff, SCOM cords, Don't Cry solo, Nov Rain piano, Locomotive rapping into final Estranged dolphin melodies, My World freestyling, Coma solo ranting ending, This I Love outro, shiver low talking spoken word poetry.

That 'Owwwww' from the start of So Fine still sends shivers down my spine...
When I get on garage band you will get the real Shitshow of Shithouse remix.

Axl

Slash

Duff

Fortus

Frank

Dizzy

Pitman

Honestly, I wouldn't mind this line-up.

Neither do I, but if you have Slash and Duff back, it seems overwhelmingly stupid to keep Pitman who adds nothing and to have Frank in over Adler or Sorum, who at least between them or Matt alone could get the job done more than capably. Your lineup is fine, but I just don't see why the drummer(s) wouldn't return if Slash or Duff came back, or frankly why Pitman would get a pass to stick around when they got along fine with all the sounds and keyboards without him on the Illusions tour.

I don't get the CD hate at all, for that matter pitman hate, the guys a stand up down to earth genious. Perfect pick on axls part and imo way more useful than dizzy reed lol. Dizzy give's gnr that cheap piano bar sound lol its great and kinda sad at the same time. People seem to forget something very important. Without pitman, Axl cannot perform CD tracks....so there goes the hope of playing this i love, impossible without synth!! That goes for all the CD tracks. No pitman, no CD performances ever again...pretty simple yet everyone seems like it'd be great to get rid of him...well fuck you hating bastards. Pitman most likely is more important to CD than fink or bucket. Slash needs to embrace the nu metal for this to go all out bananas awesome and pitman is part of that process!!!.

No i don't want an appetite reunion, that album is great but it lacks diversity big time. Use Your Illusion still has everything you need, rap, rock, metal, ballads, country, southern rock...fuck you name it. GNR is about diversity. Thats why slash will come aboard no question, he wants a diverse career again, myles continues to disappoint with his 1 dimensional efforts. let him have alter bridge, another 1 dimensional group stuck in post grunge rock metal with nothing to add to the table at all. Creed was better and i think it would be wise for mark tremonti to really give that a real consideration before he gets old and realizes alter bridge isn't going anywhere at all. Its myles dude, he has no character or personality in his lyrics, actually it makes me wonder, can he even write lyrics, or is he just another one of those guys who can sing well, play guitar but has no actual creativity inside of him. I'm also very glad Jimmy page didn't select him to tour as zeppelin as ima zeppelin nutter as well and that would have tarnished zeppelin so bad i may have wrote him hate mail.

While im at it, my thread about gnr reunion last august that got locked up is now coming to life...Gnr will do the YES UNION idea exactly as i said because axl has something almost all these bozos lack, a fucking backbone. He will not, i repeat, will NOT give up his CD tracks for slash and co, your nutz if you think he would just abandon his Rap NU-Metal Project. It's still relevant, you just have to use your ears. Axl is a rapper, has been and always will be. Actually, he is more black than Slash is. Slash couldn't rap for shit. Slash actually brought the love to gnr with his delicious melodies. Izzy wrote the riffs, duff gave the attitude. Not once in slash's solo material do you hear that guitar cry like before. He's a modern Hendrix absolutely.

No Pitman no plagiarism lawsuit

Axl

Slash

Duff

Fortus

Frank

Dizzy

Pitman

Yeah, this is absurd. The fact that you would even get a partial reunion such as this, and still think Frank - the worst drummer in the bands history will still be on the kit!? Honestly, the biggest hanger on, and the only guy that has done bugger all apart from play for Axl in the industry. Steven or Matt, if that fails, the fact you would have 3 of the 5 original members, maybe you could attract someone like Freese back? Frank would be getting the bullet! Of that you can be sure.