Tommy Stinson OUT ? (new interview)

How long can Axl / GnR management wait before releasing some sort of statement either acknowledging that Newguns is dissolving, or that simply a number of members have left but they remain steadfast in releasing new music with a soon to be announced NEW newGnR line up.

If all this is just Axl and TB being there usually shit business people selfs, letting things slip, then I really think he should wrap things up. He worked for years to build this band, and now that people are sort of accepting the members, and kinda know who some of them are, he decides to throw it to the curb?. His silence on the departure of possibly 3 members does not show that Guns circa 98-2014 was a real band, and that he believed in it (like he said in revolver), quite the opposite, and a bit of a slap in the face for all those that supported the band.

There better be a reunion because he's cocked things up royally if he intends on going forward with the current band. I cannot see how he will be able to negotiate a (respectable ) release deal for CD II with his record company now either. I assume the record company along are with the rest of the world thinking current gnr are down for the count, if so, doubt it puts much confidence in a new release.

I want a reunion record to start off with a 20 minute long Yes style suit - a multi-piece epic rocker. "Welcome Back (to the Jungle)"

I'm literally listening to Close To The Edge as I'm reading this, and just thinking of that (despite how insanely different these bands are) would be crazy amazing to hear. Would truly make an incredible statement.

I want a reunion record to start off with a 20 minute long Yes style suit - a multi-piece epic rocker. "Welcome Back (to the Jungle)"

I'm literally listening to Close To The Edge as I'm reading this, and just thinking of that (despite how insanely different these bands are) would be crazy amazing to hear. Would truly make an incredible statement.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Imagine a multi-part shuffle akin to Close to the Edge but with Slash and Izzy's guitars playing off each other and Axl wailing, leading into various musical sections, each could be it's own song, leading to a rip-roaring rocker more powerful than Jungle but as grandiose as November Rain.

There's just got be place for the big 3 int the "new" band: Axl, Slash & Duff - everyone's else (including Izzy) is pretty much irrelevant for a reunion tour....

Axl said Slash and Duff make the reunion. This has been confirmed by promoters. So throw in who you want. Die hards will want Steven and Izzy.

forumites always finding something to bitch about-

"hey man we might get a gnr reunion!"-

"with frank on the drums - that's bullshit!"

OR

"probably just be the same setlitst- this sucks."

they could have ronald mcdonald on the fucking drums and i'd be buying tickets now, even if they had an hour pitman solo i'd be there.

these are pretty exciting times for gnr- fans looking forward to see what happens

• Like 1

Axl

Slash

Duff

Fortus

Frank

Dizzy

Pitman

Fine by me, however if this is really were to happen Matt or Steven should be the ones behind the kit. Pitman could be replaced by Teddy ZigZag :blink:

Definitely not Sorum. Frank is much better. Steven sure, if he wasn't such a fuck up. If we can't get Izzy to tour then Fortus all day. Gilby brought nothing to the table just like Sorum. I hope this line up is it!

Considering Tommy was busy for the past few years and didn't really have a creative outlet, he's probably going to have a lot to say on his new album. I know he was helping his daughter out with her music career the way Duff was helping his daughter out with the same thing. It would be cool if there was a Stinson/McKagan collaboration where they did a one off album.

Fuck Pitman.

Thing is, he kind of made sense in a band that featured football-jersey Axl, goth Finck and... well... Buckethead.

But in classic Guns? No way.

If Slash is back i can see Pitman and him doing something like this

what-the-fuck-did-i-just-see.jpg

LMAO!

I thought the same thing! I was actually waiting for Axl to come out at some point and for them to break into Silkworms. Lol.

By the sounds of things, until Axl gets back in touch with who ever, there's not much happening in Axl's world that he cares to share with the world. Behind the scene's he is probably dealing with all sorts of other stuff, legal etc. Maybe he plans to put his voice to another video game, who knows? maybe he is searching through his back log of sounds in hope of putting something together. We all know, the only true Gn'R was the Slash era band ;)

By the sounds of things, until Axl gets back in touch with who ever, there's not much happening in Axl's world that he cares to share with the world. Behind the scene's he is probably dealing with all sorts of other stuff, legal etc. Maybe he plans to put his voice to another video game, who knows? maybe he is searching through his back log of sounds in hope of putting something together. We all know, the only true Gn'R was the Slash era band ;)

Slash era GN'R had 80 new songs written when he quit. Maybe one day we'll hear that.

• Like 1

Fuck Pitman.

Thing is, he kind of made sense in a band that featured football-jersey Axl, goth Finck and... well... Buckethead.

But in classic Guns? No way.

If Slash is back i can see Pitman and him doing something like this

Just had to be out of tune to top it off.... the fuck was that?

Axl

Slash

Duff

Fortus

Frank

Dizzy

Pitman

Honestly, I wouldn't mind this line-up.

Neither do I, but if you have Slash and Duff back, it seems overwhelmingly stupid to keep Pitman who adds nothing and to have Frank in over Adler or Sorum, who at least between them or Matt alone could get the job done more than capably. Your lineup is fine, but I just don't see why the drummer(s) wouldn't return if Slash or Duff came back, or frankly why Pitman would get a pass to stick around when they got along fine with all the sounds and keyboards without him on the Illusions tour.

People seem to forget something very important. Without pitman, Axl cannot perform CD tracks....so there goes the hope of playing this i love, impossible without synth!! That goes for all the CD tracks. No pitman, no CD performances ever again...pretty simple yet everyone seems like it'd be great to get rid of him...

If this is true ill help him pack and drive the taxi myself

Honestly, it's a huge coincidence to me that Slash and Axl are back on friendly terms, and all of a sudden, DJ, Ron, and (maybe) Tommy leave the band?

Where there's smoke, there's fire.

It's Izzy, Slash and Duff slots. Fortus is the third guitarist and Frank is a drummer. Dizzy is like the furniture.

Promoters are offering for a tour next year. Only problem is Slash has solo committments next year. Once Slash is doing promo for that he will get grilled.

This maybe smoke induced by the media, industry and fans and basically the GNR, Axl and TB have just taken a vacation.

If this kind of hype floating what label would release CD II?

Promoters will be like really you dont want the 1.5 mil to just get Slash and Duff. The fans excited by reunion just wont turn up for GNR shows with a new guitarist. If they are friends theres no excuse. Going to see GNR with a different line up was hype. After release of CD there was interest. without a feud the fans will get super pissed.

So Axl is either happy about potential reunion or he's very frustrated or he's jet sking off the coast of costa rico with underwear models and doesnt even know.

Edited by wasted

Honestly, it's a huge coincidence to me that Slash and Axl are back on friendly terms, and all of a sudden, DJ, Ron, and (maybe) Tommy leave the band?

Where there's smoke, there's fire.

It's Izzy, Slash and Duff slots. Fortus is the third guitarist and Frank is a drummer. Dizzy is like the furniture.

Promoters are offering for a tour next year. Only problem is Slash has solo committments next year. Once Slash is doing promo for that he will get grilled.

This maybe smoke induced by the media, industry and fans and basically the GNR, Axl and TB have just taken a vacation.

If this kind of hype floating what label would release CD II?

Promoters will be like really you dont want the 1.5 mil to just get Slash and Duff. The fans excited by reunion just wont turn up for GNR shows with a new guitarist. If they are friends theres no excuse. Going to see GNR with a different line up was hype. After release of CD there was interest. without a feud the fans will get super pissed.

So Axl is either happy about potential reunion or he's very frustrated or he's jet sking off the coast of costa rico with underwear models and doesnt even know.

^THIS^