GNR name

Random topic

So we all know Axl owns the GnR name but who do you think out of out of Axl Duff Izzy Slash and Adler (:)) actually deserved the name if only one person could own it. You can only pick one person and they would do with it what they wanted with the name (we already know what Axl did).

My vote -izzy

Edited by Estranged Coma

Random topic

So we all know Axl owns the GnR name but who do you think out of out of Axl Duff Izzy Slash and Adler ( :)) actually deserved the name if only one person could own it. You can only pick one person and they would do with it what they wanted with the name (we already know what Axl did).

My vote -izzy

I'd still vote Axl. I don't know if anyone else would have had much greater success with the name,maybe slash and duff would have released more music and kept another member or two but it still wouldn't have been the same..

Izzy hasn't even done an interview in 22 years, Adler has never been straight so things probably would have somehow been worse.

Axl was the most qualified guy to get the name at the time he got it, everyone else was practically on the verge of dying so..

Edited by Billsfan

Random topic

So we all know Axl owns the GnR name but who do you think out of out of Axl Duff Izzy Slash and Adler ( :)) actually deserved the name if only one person could own it. You can only pick one person and they would do with it what they wanted with the name (we already know what Axl did).

My vote -izzy

I don´t think one person deserves it more than another. Unless it is established from day one among themselves that one guy in particular gets the name. If there is break up and members go their way as solo artist or join another existing band. They should put the name to rest just like The Beatles did. If only one member leaves, gets fired or dies then the remainder members have to decide about keep using the name or look into other alternatives.

I guess a similar topic was discussed before, All 5 of them being together makes Guns N' Roses, if any one of them had the name Guns N' Roses with them then it would be just like their solo careers or the things which they are doing now.

Its sad that even after so many years Axl just kept on messing up the name and made it a big joke.

5 of them together makes Guns N' Roses.

Still Axl. At the time he was the best choice, all things considered. Second choice, taking current circumstances into account: Duff. He seems to have business acumen, the ability to make things go, and ways of dealing effectively with some ahem, strong personalities.

Truthfully I think the name should be owned collectively by Axl, Slash and Duff. I remember that in one of the interviews back in the day Axl said that GnR's day to day stuff was run by him and Slash, and then they ran it by Duff for the third vote, and it would be nice if they could do that again.

Edited by stella

I think an impartial lawyer should be given power of attorney and employ all five of them n just let them get on with performing the songs and getting paid because none of theses old fuckers are capable of doing it. Duff maybe, but if you had £20 million at stake would you really want someone called Duff calling the shots.

Edited by spunko12345