What do you expect from a REUNION record?

With the classic line up rekindling the musical chemistry coming up what kind of record will they produce or what do you hope for?

I think somewhere between AFD and Lies acoustic soundwise with each member getting 2 songs each, with one really big rocker from Axl, Izzy, Duff and Slash. Izzy acoustic track, maybe something like Rocket Queen meets Coma to end the album. Couple of covers like Boys are Back in Town and Born to be Wild to punch it through to the mainstream.

What's your opinion?

A cross between LIES and Appetite would be a dream come true but would never happen.. I have no doubt in my mind that they could make a great music again together though. Let Axl listen to what Slash/Izzy and Duff came up with before they started VR and see if there is anything there he can work with.. They said they have an albums worth of material. Axl has tons of music.. Let the guys listen to it and see if there is anything they think they would like to contribute too. Take the best of the best and jam the fuck out of the songs. Maybe a cover they used to play or one from a band that they bonded over back in the day. I think it would be cool to have no ballads.. Mostly straight up Guns N' Roses fucking rock n' roll along with one of Axl's more epic type of songs.

Definitively not The Boys are back in town or Born to be Wild though hahah..

First thing is first though.. See if it still feels right playing together again. Get out there and do a couple of shows...

Imagine if they are secretly writing shit together behind the scenes though??? All of a sudden BOOM. They announce a new record and a supporting tour?? About a .0099999% chance of that happening but it would be completely mind blowing.

• Like 1

A Thin Lizzy cover would actually be kind of cool. Add an acoustic song, an Axl ballad and 2-3 rockers and there's a solid EP at least. If they go for AFD 2.0 it's bound for failure. On the unlikely chance they put out an album it'd probably continue in the style of UYI (and CD) in the way of it having a "melting pot" kind of sound.

I would say not a solid hard rock record like DKOT. Somewhere between Lies and LA Woman. Yes, a classic hard rock song and a ballad and rocking epic but also something acoustic and cinematic like Riders on the Storm. Duff could bring the punk song, Izzy could revisit the old haunts and cast a wry smile. Slash's neck tat could be the cover and cover Lizzy or Hanoi Rocks. Thats where I'd place the album Thin Rocks or Hanoi Lizzy. Recording in Sound City with Rick Rubin. Make him eat peanut butter and meditate in a shithole.

I expect it never to happen

I expect a song called "Never say never".
Never Say Die.

An awful out-dated blancmange of stock riffs and atypical rock lyrics that sounds like it is made by a bunch of comfortably well off men on the wrong side of middle age.

IT WON'T BE PUNK RAWK ENOUGH!

Two slaps and you'd be suckin' my dick Miser so don't give it :lol:

An awful out-dated blancmange of stock riffs and atypical rock lyrics that sounds like it is made by a bunch of comfortably well off men on the wrong side of middle age.

IT WON'T BE PUNK RAWK ENOUGH!

Two slaps and you'd be suckin' my dick Miser so don't give it :lol:

SUCKIN' COCK AIN'T PUNK RAWK.