What do you expect from a REUNION record?

ZERO COVERS. If this ever happens, I'd prefer to just hear their songs and not any covers. That, would be ridiculous, after all of this time. Why waste any energy on covers??

Classic/UYI GN'R ALWAYS did covers though. It arguably wouldn't be a return of the classic lineup without a cover or two

Their last album and last single were covers. In order to prove they still have it in them, no covers.

I don't want anything because there'd be very little authenticity to it all things considered, the way Axl works, he'd need around 45 years to get anywhere close to the mindset or recording with the old guys again, he can't even fucking put together the CD sessions into a follow up.

ZERO COVERS. If this ever happens, I'd prefer to just hear their songs and not any covers. That, would be ridiculous, after all of this time. Why waste any energy on covers??

Classic/UYI GN'R ALWAYS did covers though. It arguably wouldn't be a return of the classic lineup without a cover or two

At some point GNR should cover Hanoi Rocks, Thin Lizzy, Lynard Skynard. I think actually what they need to do is loosen up and not be so self serious, like no covers were too important for that. a double cd is fine, just let it all hang over, be a real band with enthusiasm for making music. It could just help them set the tone for recording. Axl singing Life in the Fast Lane would be cool too.

Axl and Izzy should be hanging out and just writing. Even just for fun as friends.... Imagine going through so much with someone and having such success! Having such a creative synergy. I'd want Izzy over at my place at least once a week.

If that songwriting team can find some kind of rebirth the rest falls into place.

Edited by Ant
  • Like 1

some new material, unleash Axl/Izzy/Slash magic!

nothing against covers, so far they did great job with covers/owned all the covers they did. I can totally see them cover this:

oh my god that was awesome... Thanks for that.. Any idea how the rest of the album is?

some new material, unleash Axl/Izzy/Slash magic!

nothing against covers, so far they did great job with covers/owned all the covers they did. I can totally see them cover this:

oh my god that was awesome... Thanks for that.. Any idea how the rest of the album is?

not the entire album, but you can find few other numbers from Monkey Grip on youtube... those portable studios from the 70s LOL

that one - it has everything, kind of sexy, it has guns, obscure, falls a little flat so can be augmented etc.

maybe too early now, but we can start the thread - "I can see this GnR-ed" about the numbers that, we think, would make great GnR covers (classic lineup)

It'll be at least 10x better than Chinese Democracy, that much is certain

Yeah sure how so ?

Slash's albums are good but generic as it gets hard rock, if CD sucks for you how you can expect that Duff or Slash would change thing ?

What could Slash contribute to Axl's songs (welcome CD) solos ? There were amazing solos on CD (and in fact Slash hans't written better solos since GN'R days). We all know that it's unlikely that they all will be in the same room writing tunes together.

It won't be a collsaboration if they are able to make a record it will be "

- Axl singing on Slash's and Duff generic hard rock/punk rock

- Slash and Duff playing on CD alike tunes written by Axl

- maybe maybe Axl&Izzy can create something really good.

Something closer to UYI (If anything at all), fiery but progressive. I can't see Axl releasing new material that sounds like it could have come off UYI, AFD or Lies. A number of rockers, coated with some more epic monster ballads, and some less safe material. I think listening to CD and Slash's last two records that if they wrote together they could come up with a very good album. No matter how good it is, people will still say it's not as good as AFD or UYI but I think they could make a album that competes with UYI. UYI is a double that really should have been a single, that's it's fault. If they released a new album with 12-14 songs I think they could make a really good album, that isn't completely stuck in the past.

With the classic line up rekindling the musical chemistry coming up what kind of record will they produce or what do you hope for?

I think somewhere between AFD and Lies acoustic soundwise with each member getting 2 songs each, with one really big rocker from Axl, Izzy, Duff and Slash. Izzy acoustic track, maybe something like Rocket Queen meets Coma to end the album. Couple of covers like Boys are Back in Town and Born to be Wild to punch it through to the mainstream.

What's your opinion?

born to be wild? are you nuts? GNR and specially axl would NEVER record and release a cover of a song like that

well i expect the best record of the last 25 years, nothing less, and i am sure they will deliver

Why has everything that is rootsy rock n' roll got to be described as 'generic' by the Axl faction? Spending ten years farting over a mess of overdubs does not inherently make you 'progressive', and if balls-to-the-wall rock is 'generic' than Appetite is 'generic' also.

Strictly speaking Appetite is generic, if you're going by the proper definition of the word, it fits pretty squarely into genre definitions. Thats not an insult either, just a fact. Generic as a derisory comment in terms of music criticism is meant to mean run-of-the-mill as a consequence of being firmly within genre conventions...thats Appetite to a T as well as any number of great rock n roll albums.

Generic as in the insult, flat, uninspired, THATS the definition of Chi Dem.