What do you expect from a REUNION record?

I'd be cool if they just tour behind the CD remix for a couple of years until things get sorted out.

I can just picture it: Slash touring Brain's CD remixes? (Slash) ''buy our new album dude. When all things are considered, It is remixes of the band before me. To be honest, it is remixes of the band before the band before me and the remixes were done ten years ago' but when all things are considered, this is what we are touring behind'.

I agree with that. I just think its one of the more practical solutions to help work out the kinks while they finish, update, and put their stamp on CD II.

I feel like Axl just waits until it will be a big deal. Maybe if CD took off more or was released in the 90s we would have got Gunmerica: The Remixed.

CD is what Axl put out during the feud years. They all seem to have been spinning their wheels until the reunion was a big deal.

Motely, Black Sabbath, Stones are nearing the end. With a reunion line up Axl can tour 10 more years. But with the money on the table. Cash in and Get out.

I feel like Axl just waits until it will be a big deal. Maybe if CD took off more or was released in the 90s we would have got Gunmerica: The Remixed.

CD is what Axl put out during the feud years. They all seem to have been spinning their wheels until the reunion was a big deal.

Motely, Black Sabbath, Stones are nearing the end. With a reunion line up Axl can tour 10 more years. But with the money on the table. Cash in and Get out.

The integrity of a prostitute.

Doesn't sound like Axl. But it depends which story you believe.

Is it a question of artistic integrity or who am I friends with now? Or is it too late?

Take at Axl at his word, then no reunion.

He said the music, the art comes first. Him and Duff seem to enjoy their current relationship. Duff playing those Chinese tunes, full shows probably meant something to Axl.

I can only guess Duff talked about Slash with Axl, but as I see it, if Axl is in the process of forgiving Slash, and even agrees to meet with him, that still doesn't mean he would reunite with more than just one alumni at a time.

I think if Axl really believed it's for the best interest of what he's trying to do artistically, he'll consider it.

But I don't know anything. If there is a game plan, big things in 2016, we'll know about those soon enough.

I don't see Axl doing a reunion just for the 500 mil, but who knows.

Thing is, I believe Slash and Duff can improve an Axl tune if they can relate to what's there already musically. If Axl agrees with that opinion, and there is mutual respect between him and Slash after almost 20 years,%

Edited by Rovim

I think he would have less of a say in a reunion record. 3 other songwriters at least. And much less say on production. Unless they settle on Clink thats a whole thing. And just the standard process might freak them out. Like they go in with Rick Rubin and the release date is set. After all this suddenly it's serious. Start shitting it now!

I think he would have less of a say in a reunion record. 3 other songwriters at least. And much less say on production. Unless they settle on Clink thats a whole thing. And just the standard process might freak them out. Like they go in with Rick Rubin and the release date is set. After all this suddenly it's serious. Start shitting it now!

That's why, if Axl is interested, a UYI type thing can be more realistic maybe. Everyone is like a contributor for someone else's tunes in Guns. Production can be a challenge, but I don't think that's one of the major issues.

I doubt Axl wants to repeat UYI flatness. But couple songs from each and just get a nice warm, soft bouncing pair of titties production on it. Two covers (stfu bitches) to give it some class. Thin Lizzy GNR cover maybe something by the Eagles.

But really has Axl left all this behind. Its all about drugs n depravity. And they are heated pools and facials.

I doubt Axl wants to repeat UYI flatness. But couple songs from each and just get a nice warm, soft bouncing pair of titties production on it. Two covers (stfu bitches) to give it some class. Thin Lizzy GNR cover maybe something by the Eagles.

But really has Axl left all this behind. Its all about drugs n depravity. And they are heated pools and facials.

Yeah, but maybe just put the snake in it's Slash box. Axl can't just give him CD ll to listen on headphones like Bumble.

Slash said in his book that he would have done anything Axl wanted to musically. 7 solo albums under his belt. Maybe now it's really true.

Duff seems to want to play ball. Late starts not as big of an issue.

This is an exciting time to be a Guns fan, cause we don't know what will happen. Whatever it is, I think it's big, and it's coming.

Edited by Rovim

With the classic line up rekindling the musical chemistry coming up what kind of record will they produce or what do you hope for?

I think somewhere between AFD and Lies acoustic soundwise with each member getting 2 songs each, with one really big rocker from Axl, Izzy, Duff and Slash. Izzy acoustic track, maybe something like Rocket Queen meets Coma to end the album. Couple of covers like Boys are Back in Town and Born to be Wild to punch it through to the mainstream.

What's your opinion?

I think of this album were EVER to happen, it would be a colossal fail, along the lines of what happened with Chinese Democracy, TONS of hype, but impossible to live up to.

With the classic line up rekindling the musical chemistry coming up what kind of record will they produce or what do you hope for?

I think somewhere between AFD and Lies acoustic soundwise with each member getting 2 songs each, with one really big rocker from Axl, Izzy, Duff and Slash. Izzy acoustic track, maybe something like Rocket Queen meets Coma to end the album. Couple of covers like Boys are Back in Town and Born to be Wild to punch it through to the mainstream.

What's your opinion?

I think of this album were EVER to happen, it would be a colossal fail, along the lines of what happened with Chinese Democracy, TONS of hype, but impossible to live up to.
Its true a mainstream audience is done with GNR. They want to go to a show and hear Jungle and SCOM. But maybe hard rock fans or die hards are very interested and IF they could produce something that can stand the test of time. The beauty of the business side being in the toilet is that moderate success is all that is expected. A billboard no 1 and 5 mil sales in the US with them on tour with videos would seem like success. Plus for them it could be healthy. They should so it for the music and themselves. Maybe they are good with how it is? Seems like they arent mostly. it's always nagging with everything they do.

What's your opinion?

Duff Track: "Could you have guessed I'd be a stock broker?"

Axl Track: This song is currently delayed, please go to track 3.

Slash's track: "I will play on any album at any time."

Axl's Track: This song has not arrived, please go to track 5

Izzy's Track: "Call Gilby now, cause I ain't doing this touring shit."

Axl's track: Low quality 12 second leak, please go to track 7 and erase this from your computer.

Adler's Track: I'm so fucked up right now. I can't feel my arm."

Matt's Track: "I'm so glad he had another stroke, this is good money."

Axl's Track: "Here is a throwaway, I'm saving the 'Big Gun' for later."

Slash track 2: "I can't wait to pin this fail on Axl."

Duff track 2: "Seriously, I drank until my pancreas exploded and I ended up as a financial guru."

Izzy/Gilby collaboration Track: "I got bored and let Gilby finish this song."

Axl Track 2: "I still love that bitch, here is an amazing 10 minute ballad about it."

Edited by DeadSlash
  • Like 3

Another possibility that would work both in terms of continuity and convenience would be to let Slash and Duff add to the remix record and rework parts of Chinese for a rerelease package with the correct artwork, booklet, etc. I think this would help placate both factions of the fanbase as well.

I think Slash or Duff adding parts to CD II would be great. Or if there's an Izzy song on it. That could be a start before they do a straight reunion record. Or it really is the last record and helping Axl polish it off and do a reunion tour to go out on top.

Or VR are doing a reunion tour.