Steven Adler

Sad to say but Adler is nowhere near up to the task of doing a reunion tour. His playing never recovered from the drug abuse.

Really?

I clicked that with low expectations ended up watching the whole thing (not the whole podcast just him playing) and loved it. Adlers a fuking legend man, if he is not part of a gnr reunion I'll be sad.

Same here. I found it ace - and really touching too.

Adler's never been able to do a real successful project in the 25 years he's been out of the band. He's never been invited to play with another group. Even Slash and Duff have not invited him to drum in their projects more than an intermittent one-song cameo here and there. THAT is very telling IMHO. I think there would probably be some serious questions as to his ability to do any sort of reunion, and I agree with those who have said that he and his handlers bring a lot of uneeded drama and baggage.

Having said that, if there were a reunion and they didn't invite him to do *something* I actually do think the guy would off himself. So I don't know what they would do.

Not exactly. If there is a "cameo" here and there then still it means they invited Adler. About successful project, the one really successful was Contraband. All their solo albums do good but they never reach the level of VR. So VR aside they are all pretty much on the same boat

You're kidding, right?

1. There's a hell of a difference between someone saying "hey, come and jam with me for a night in the studio" and saying "hey, please sign a contract to be in my band, tour with me," etc. Nobody -- not Duff, not Slash, not Izzy, not any other musicians -- has been willing to commit to having Steven in their band or on their stage as a regular player. That speaks volumes. That's basically saying "we won't work with you."

2. No, Steven and the other members are not in the same boat. Duff and Slash are both worth millions of dollars, have made countless investments, and have been working professionals with their various bands and solo projects. Their solo projects have done well. No, it's not at AfD level, but that's a very high bar for anyone to reach. They're both vastly respected in the music industry. Duff wrote two books on his own, without a ghost writer, and has been a professional writer for various columns. If Slash or Duff never played or performed onstage again, they'd be set for life and would have a lot of other interests to keep them going.

Steven on the other hand? His activities over the past 25 years seem to have focused on getting high and drunk, ditching his vanity band in Europe without any money to get home; appearing on reality shows -- where he was drunk and high again -- screwing over his book's ghostwriter, blaming mean old Axl for his life's troubles, and pleading shamelessly in the press for a reunion. No, they are not in the same boat, or on the same level. Not by a long shot.

No, I´m not kidding. Slash, Duff, Izzy don´t sell millions of albums nor they perform infront of 20k + audience unless it´s a festival. All of them got ghost witers or at least help from other people. They didn´t write their book only on their own. As for drugs/alcohol abussed, in the early 90s Slash and Duff were not that different from Adler. Duff almost die because of his pancreas and Slash almost die because of his heart.

They all have blamed Axl for different things like being 3 hours late, riots and threat them to sign the name over. And rightfully so! Adler is not alone

During the HOF ceremony Adler did the job with Slash and Duff infront of a big audience. I don´t see why he can´t do it again. And Adler is also feature in the 2010 special edition of Slash album. Heck! in 20 years and despite everything Adler has managed to make more albums than Axl

Yes, Adler has screwed up many times and he has acted unprofessional and inmature. That doesn´t mean the guy should be stigmatized

Wow, so two guys who have been consistently working musicians with tours, record contracts, appearances on TV shows (not reality...) and video games, many contacts in the industry et al for the last 20 years are the equivalent of a junkie who has done nothing but wail about how the world is meeeaaan to him and appear on drug rehab reality shows? They've done the same amount of work and had the same level of success and income? Wow. Use your delusion, I guess.

Duff did not have a ghostwriter for either of his books. He writes columns for several major magazines. Slash *did* have a ghostwriter, but did not fuck him over, steal his material and refuse to pay or credit him the way Steven did with his ghostwriter...

Substance abuse or not, Duff and Slash have always managed to continue working. They've managed to overcome their demons and have productive lives. Steven has not. He's not even considered stable enough to control his own money.

And as to why he can't play with GnR again, or any other professional band...well, you will have to ask Duff, Izzy, Matt, Steven, Slash, Axl and the hundreds of other professional musicians who have declined to hire Adler for the last 20 years. They can't all be mistaken. There's a reason they won't have him in their bands.

Edited by stella

https://youtu.be/6ZshOKIUrUk or maybe he was just in the mood to eat an Orange and cheese sandwich on the floor.

Yep. Not worth the risk. Even for his sake. The possible size of a reunion tour along with the money it would bring would surely send him right back to dope.

steven has all the money he needs to buy dope for him, for me and for you for the rest of our lives

and he will probably never be out of money

because those records that he played on still sell a lot to this fucking day -- and he still gets the royalties

https://youtu.be/6ZshOKIUrUk or maybe he was just in the mood to eat an Orange and cheese sandwich on the floor.

Yep. Not worth the risk. Even for his sake. The possible size of a reunion tour along with the money it would bring would surely send him right back to dope.

steven has all the money he needs to buy dope for him, for me and for you for the rest of our lives

because those records that he played on still sell a lot to this fucking day -- and he still gets the royalties

Thanks to Axl.

• Like 1

More money(which will be massive for a reunion) coupled with the pressure of a massive tour is a guaranteed path back to dope and trouble for the band and tour. Not worth the risk.

Adler's never been able to do a real successful project in the 25 years he's been out of the band. He's never been invited to play with another group. Even Slash and Duff have not invited him to drum in their projects more than an intermittent one-song cameo here and there. THAT is very telling IMHO. I think there would probably be some serious questions as to his ability to do any sort of reunion, and I agree with those who have said that he and his handlers bring a lot of uneeded drama and baggage.

Having said that, if there were a reunion and they didn't invite him to do *something* I actually do think the guy would off himself. So I don't know what they would do.

Not exactly. If there is a "cameo" here and there then still it means they invited Adler. About successful project, the one really successful was Contraband. All their solo albums do good but they never reach the level of VR. So VR aside they are all pretty much on the same boat

You're kidding, right?

1. There's a hell of a difference between someone saying "hey, come and jam with me for a night in the studio" and saying "hey, please sign a contract to be in my band, tour with me," etc. Nobody -- not Duff, not Slash, not Izzy, not any other musicians -- has been willing to commit to having Steven in their band or on their stage as a regular player. That speaks volumes. That's basically saying "we won't work with you."

2. No, Steven and the other members are not in the same boat. Duff and Slash are both worth millions of dollars, have made countless investments, and have been working professionals with their various bands and solo projects. Their solo projects have done well. No, it's not at AfD level, but that's a very high bar for anyone to reach. They're both vastly respected in the music industry. Duff wrote two books on his own, without a ghost writer, and has been a professional writer for various columns. If Slash or Duff never played or performed onstage again, they'd be set for life and would have a lot of other interests to keep them going.

Steven on the other hand? His activities over the past 25 years seem to have focused on getting high and drunk, ditching his vanity band in Europe without any money to get home; appearing on reality shows -- where he was drunk and high again -- screwing over his book's ghostwriter, blaming mean old Axl for his life's troubles, and pleading shamelessly in the press for a reunion. No, they are not in the same boat, or on the same level. Not by a long shot.

No, I´m not kidding. Slash, Duff, Izzy don´t sell millions of albums nor they perform infront of 20k + audience unless it´s a festival. All of them got ghost witers or at least help from other people. They didn´t write their book only on their own. As for drugs/alcohol abussed, in the early 90s Slash and Duff were not that different from Adler. Duff almost die because of his pancreas and Slash almost die because of his heart.

They all have blamed Axl for different things like being 3 hours late, riots and threat them to sign the name over. And rightfully so! Adler is not alone

During the HOF ceremony Adler did the job with Slash and Duff infront of a big audience. I don´t see why he can´t do it again. And Adler is also feature in the 2010 special edition of Slash album. Heck! in 20 years and despite everything Adler has managed to make more albums than Axl

Yes, Adler has screwed up many times and he has acted unprofessional and inmature. That doesn´t mean the guy should be stigmatized

Wow, so two guys who have been consistently working musicians with tours, record contracts, appearances on TV shows (not reality...) and video games, many contacts in the industry et al for the last 20 years are the equivalent of a junkie who has done nothing but wail about how the world is meeeaaan to him and appear on drug rehab reality shows? They've done the same amount of work and had the same level of success and income? Wow. Use your delusion, I guess.

Duff did not have a ghostwriter for either of his books. He writes columns for several major magazines. Slash *did* have a ghostwriter, but did not fuck him over, steal his material and refuse to pay or credit him the way Steven did with his ghostwriter...

Substance abuse or not, Duff and Slash have always managed to continue working. They've managed to overcome their demons and have productive lives. Steven has not. He's not even considered stable enough to control his own money.

And as to why he can't play with GnR again, or any other professional band...well, you will have to ask Duff, Izzy, Matt, Steven, Slash, Axl and the hundreds of other professional musicians who have declined to hire Adler for the last 20 years. They can't all be mistaken. There's a reason they won't have him in their bands.

I never said they have the same amount of income. As for friends in the industry, how do you know who is friend of who? Adler has managed to continue working as well despite all his set backs, fuck ups or whatever you wanna called it. As I said he has made more albums than Axl in the last 20 years.

Duff wrote his first book in collaroration with Tim Mohr. So he didn´t write it all by himself

I never said they have the same amount of income. As for friends in the industry, how do you know who is friend of who? Adler has managed to continue working as well despite all his set backs, fuck ups or whatever you wanna called it. As I said he has made more albums than Axl in the last 20 years.

Duff wrote his first book in collaroration with Tim Mohr. So he didn´t write it all by himself

Tim Mohr is not Duff's ghostwriter. He helped Duff edit and compile his book from his Seattle Weekly columns, and Duff said as much (http://www.seattleweekly.com/reverb/2010/03/yes_i_got_a_book_deal.php). Big difference between someone having an editor -- as most authors do -- and having another person write their book. Most of the material in Duff's books is from his Seattle Weekly column, verbatim.

As to "Adler made more records that Axl"...and? A person can put out a hundred different albums, and if they're crap and don't sell, who the fuck cares? Let's see: Steven's done two EPs and one album, none of which were on a major label and none of which sold particularly well. Oh, and since Slash threw him a bone, he guested on that, but that's not "his" album.

Axl's done Chinese Democracy -- which, love it or hate it, was put out with a major record label and went platinum, which most records don't do anymore. He guested on three different albums, did a DVD and did voice over work on a video game that was very commercially successful. Oh, and there's the Hollywood Rose stuff which he didn't want released -- but hey, it's a CD with his singing on it. That brings our tally of albums to 5, compared to Adler's 3. Throw in the DVD and we're 6 to 3.

Hmmm. Seems like Axl's done better in terms of quality, commercial success and quantity.

And as to who knows who's friends in the business...well, considering all the places Slash and Duff have been invited to perform, guest, and record, and all the bands they have worked with, and all the people who speak very highly of them, that's obvious.

Axl's done Chinese Democracy -- which, love it or hate it, was put out with a major record label and went platinum, which most records don't do anymore.

To be fair, it only went platinum BECAUSE of the major label and the best buy deal so those points are a little nullified.

Can't really compare Steven Adler(that the mainstream never noticed) to a 13 million dollar rumored masterpiece with the GNR name on it, Axl and a major label cutting a lopsided deal to recoup money. CD didn't sell anywhere like it appears.

The over the top anger Stella has for Adler is pretty amusing.

Give her a break. She could be angling for party passes or maybe she's a refugee from another Forum parroting Axl.

its sickening how people who probably were not even born when AXL, IZZY, SLASH DUFF AND STEVEN ruled the world come here and talk so much crap

Sad to say but Adler is nowhere near up to the task of doing a reunion tour. His playing never recovered from the drug abuse.

WHAT?

SAD TO SAY YOU HAVE NO CLUE!

I SAW STEVEN ADLER 10 FEET AWAY FROM ME PERFORMING LIVE A COUPLE YEARS AGO

AND HE WAS JUST SO FUCKING GOOD

I saw with my own eyes, I was there, he was terrific

AND HE WAS SMILING THE WHOLE SHOW

:headbang::headbang::headbang:

who cares about that douche Adler ?

We all know that majority of fans will be fine with Slash, Duff and Axl. I doubt Izzy will do massive tour maybe cameo here or there. Just add Ferrer and Fortus and it's fine.

WHAT?

how old are you?

you have no idea of what you are talking about huahauhuhauhauhauhauhauhauhauhauhauhauhauhauha

I'm sure any minute now, you'll have people calling you an ageist. As we know you can get a perfect sense for how a band was even if you weren't born yet due to watching Youtube videos and reading magazine articles :facepalm:

Edited by Subtle Signs

its sickening how people who probably were not even born when AXL, IZZY, SLASH DUFF AND STEVEN ruled the world come here and talk so much crap

WHAT?

SAD TO SAY YOU HAVE NO CLUE!

I SAW STEVEN ADLER 10 FEET AWAY FROM ME PERFORMING LIVE A COUPLE YEARS AGO

AND HE WAS JUST SO FUCKING GOOD

I saw with my own eyes, I was there, he was terrific

AND HE WAS SMILING THE WHOLE SHOW

:headbang::headbang::headbang:

who cares about that douche Adler ?

We all know that majority of fans will be fine with Slash, Duff and Axl. I doubt Izzy will do massive tour maybe cameo here or there. Just add Ferrer and Fortus and it's fine.

WHAT?

how old are you?

you have no idea of what you are talking about huahauhuhauhauhauhauhauhauhauhauhauhauhauhauha

after watching these 2 rocket queen videos i can only say: steven has more passion that frank and brain. he's great and would deserve some gigs at a reunion tour. i would choose matt as lead drummer for the tour because he's clean and have a better look, but adler is great at drumming. if i would be axl, adler would be part of a reunion (live+studio).

Thanks to Axl.

we all know that axl said that steven didnt write one single note of music on appetite

axl is right? yes. steven didnt write one single musical note on appetite

but music is not only about notes. it is also about rhythm -- and axl of all people should know this better than anyone, as he is basically a master of rhythm.

the way axl sings and the way that he places the melody lines on the music has so much rhythm... that it is of course one of the reasons that makes GNR music so fucking great

axl said a while ago that steven didnt deserve the royalties on appetite

axl also said that he was forced to accept that steven would get 20%

i used to think axl was right

but he is not

you basically have to be blind (or deaf) to deny (or to underestimate) what steven did on appetite

good news is people can change

better news is that axl is a very smart person

and one can only hope that he has changed his opinion on that subject by now

Edited by ludurigan
  • Like 1

Adler's probably one of the least likely drummers in the GnR alumni to be returning to the band for a reunion, if it happens

Ranked based on reunion tour possibility:

1. Matt Sorum

2. Frank Ferrer

3. Bryan Mantia

4. Steven Adler

Edited by Gackt