Steven Adler

Sad to say but Adler is nowhere near up to the task of doing a reunion tour. His playing never recovered from the drug abuse.

Really?

I clicked that with low expectations ended up watching the whole thing (not the whole podcast just him playing) and loved it. Adlers a fuking legend man, if he is not part of a gnr reunion I'll be sad.

I just watched that all the way through (also with low expectations) and was pleasantly surprised. Every vid I've seen of him in recent years has been pretty rough, sometimes horrible. He seems a lot more together here, and I hope he keeps it up . . . but I will not be shocked if he's absent from any potential reunion shows.

I really think that both Matt and Steven should be included. Steven on a 'trial by fire' basis. Let him play a few AFD songs at the beginning of the show and then hand over the rest of the duties to Sorum. Then Steven could be taken back to the hotel, safe and sound from afterparties or whatever. Remember, Duff and Slash are also both on the wagon now. So I don't think there's going to be too much craziness like there was in the past anyway. If for whatever reason things go south for Adler, then they can just send him home and let Sorum take over full time.

Besides, somewhere I read that Sorum even said himself if there was ever a reunion Steven would have to be a part of it.

If Steven is allowed on this tour, they will have to bring Sorum or someone else with too because they'd be damn fools to trust Steven won't fall off the wagon with the stakes being so high. Hell, the pressure is going to be big on Axl too, and he doesn't have any drug demons to deal with.

are you sure?

• Like 1

Axl's done Chinese Democracy -- which, love it or hate it, was put out with a major record label and went platinum, which most records don't do anymore.

To be fair, it only went platinum BECAUSE of the major label and the best buy deal so those points are a little nullified.

Can't really compare Steven Adler(that the mainstream never noticed) to a 13 million dollar rumored masterpiece with the GNR name on it, Axl and a major label cutting a lopsided deal to recoup money. CD didn't sell anywhere like it appears.

CD has actually also achieved platinum status outside of America -- in countries that had nothing to do with the Best Buy deal, and whose purchases were all independent of that. Many people actually did lay out money for this album.

I would never suggest that CD is on par with AfD, etc. However, the fact that Axl actually HAD that major label support and that Best Buy was willing to go along with the deal, perhaps show that he had more leverage and influence in the industry than someone like Adler.

Axl's done Chinese Democracy -- which, love it or hate it, was put out with a major record label and went platinum, which most records don't do anymore.

To be fair, it only went platinum BECAUSE of the major label and the best buy deal so those points are a little nullified.

Can't really compare Steven Adler(that the mainstream never noticed) to a 13 million dollar rumored masterpiece with the GNR name on it, Axl and a major label cutting a lopsided deal to recoup money. CD didn't sell anywhere like it appears.

CD has actually also achieved platinum status outside of America -- in countries that had nothing to do with the Best Buy deal, and whose purchases were all independent of that. Many people actually did lay out money for this album.

I would never suggest that CD is on par with AfD, etc. However, the fact that Axl actually HAD that major label support and that Best Buy was willing to go along with the deal, perhaps show that he had more leverage and influence in the industry than someone like Adler.

To go platinum outside of America is not hard for anyone. You only need to sell less than a third in the UK of what you need to in America. The Best Buy deal made up the bulk of the "sales." The deal was only made because of the big label. Again, the sales figure is inflated by the Best Buy deal which only came about because of the GNR name, the albums mysticism and the big label. The album was one of the most talked about and anticipated in Rock. Of course someone would do the deal. They expected a huge crowd because of the GNR name. Unfortunately, people weren't all that hyped up over the content and it being the Axl Rose show. The comparison is ridiculous.

The two stories that I think of when I think of Adler and Axls relationship are something about him and Axl straight up throwing it down and then the one about Axl skipping some tv shit to be with Adler when he was in the hospital. I think Adler has always kept it real and never shied away from speaking his mind to Axl. He wasn't afraid to even if it meant throwing down with ax lol. I think that's why Axl respected and loved Adler. I think Axl gets more pist when you talk behind his back and to the press about him instead of to his face.

I really think if Adler showed Axl he could still play and keep it together through a show Axl would want him involved. They should just keep another drummer ready just incase. Just haul frank around as a backup lol

To go platinum outside of America is not hard for anyone. You only need to sell less than a third in the UK of what you need to in America. The Best Buy deal made up the bulk of the "sales." The deal was only made because of the big label. Again, the sales figure is inflated by the Best Buy deal which only came about because of the GNR name, the albums mysticism and the big label. The album was one of the most talked about and anticipated in Rock. Of course someone would do the deal. They expected a huge crowd because of the GNR name. Unfortunately, people weren't all that hyped up over the content and it being the Axl Rose show. The comparison is ridiculous.

You're right, the comparison *is* ridiculous, but I was responding to someone who was actually somehow insinuating that Axl had been less successful and done less than this career junkie.

Edited by stella

The two stories that I think of when I think of Adler and Axls relationship are something about him and Axl straight up throwing it down and then the one about Axl skipping some tv shit to be with Adler when he was in the hospital. I think Adler has always kept it real and never shied away from speaking his mind to Axl. He wasn't afraid to even if it meant throwing down with ax lol. I think that's why Axl respected and loved Adler. I think Axl gets more pist when you talk behind his back and to the press about him instead of to his face.

I really think if Adler showed Axl he could still play and keep it together through a show Axl would want him involved. They should just keep another drummer ready just incase. Just haul frank around as a backup lol

Maybe Matt instead of Frank. My opinion of course.

Maybe Matt instead of Frank. My opinion of course.

Id rather see Matt then frank aswell but id rather it be Adler full time and just have a backup drummer laying around just incase he fuks up. I don't think Matt deserves to be just a backup drummer waiting on Adler to fuk up so I figured frank could fit that role lol.