Black Sabbath THE END Tour 2016

Black Sabbath

I can't find any reliable stream of info, so I'm just sort of piece-mealing a list of songs together based on what I've seen on social media - this isn't in any sort of order, but they have played:

EDIT: Full setlist is up on setlist.fm:

1. Black Sabbath

2. Fairies Wear Boots

3. Tomorrow's Dream

4. Into The Void

5. Snowblind

6. War Pigs

7. Behind The Wall Of Sleep

8. N.I.B.

9. Hand Of Doom

10. Iron Man

11. Children Of The Grave

12. Dirty Women

13. Paranoid

It seems really...short :mellow:

Opening night set list is a little disappointing. Shorter set than the majority of their 2013 shows where they were averaging 16 to 17 songs a night. Also only 2 new tracks (Tomorrow's Dream, Hand of Doom). I welcome the newer old songs, but shorting the set is disappointing.

Hoping they buck up a bit more after a handful of shows.

• Like 1

There is a video on their YT channel of them rehearsing and you could see the beginning and the end of the setlist. There were also timings of that and it says something like 1:32:30 at the end. I don't think that they did 90 minutes with 13 songs, maybe they used it as a warm up or they just soloed and jammed the shit out of everything?

Edited by Nicklord

I dunno, they're not really a band that extends songs into jams at all. At least, not with Ozzy - with the other vocalists there were a couple that got drawn out (Heaven & Hell is the most notable).

Also surprising there were no medleys this time around, they've been doing those since the original reunion in the 90's.

I mean, it's cool they're doing Tomorrow's Dream and Hand Of Doom, but there's at least 15 deep cuts I'd pick before either of those :shrugs:

Gimme The Wizard, Planet Caravan, Electric Funeral, After Forever, Under The Sun (I know they played it on almost the whole 13 tour, but fuck you if you don't want to hear this song more), Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, Spiral Architect, Symptom Of The Universe, etc.

Not to mention the setlist is weighted so unevenly. 8 out of 13 songs from the first two albums, and the only song post-Vol 4 is Dirty Women (Again, I could replace this with many different songs).

• Like 1

I mean, it's cool they're doing Tomorrow's Dream and Hand Of Doom, but there's at least 15 deep cuts I'd pick before either of those :shrugs:

Gimme The Wizard, Planet Caravan, Electric Funeral, After Forever, Under The Sun (I know they played it on almost the whole 13 tour, but fuck you if you don't want to hear this song more), Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, Spiral Architect, Symptom Of The Universe, etc.

Not to mention the setlist is weighted so unevenly. 8 out of 13 songs from the first two albums, and the only song post-Vol 4 is Dirty Women (Again, I could replace this with many different songs).

ozzy would die trying to sing sabbath bloody sabbath :lol:

• Like 1

While there are heaps of songs I'd love for them to play, I'm okay with them keeping to what Ozzy has the best chance of sounding good on instead of say, Hole In The Sky, Symptom, SBS, Spiral Architect yadadada.

I sincerely doubt he could sing any one of those and sound halfway decent, I didn't bother catching the 13 tour but I haven't heard a rendition of Under The Sun from that tour that Ozzy sounded good on.

Anyways, I'm all for playing it safe and going for the numbers Ozzy has the best chance of sounding good on and if that means a shorter set well I'm alright with that too.

Not strictly 2016 tour related, but Tony Martin posted this on his Facebook page:

Well what a great day ...

.. i attended the unveiling of Cozy Powells memorial plaque in his home town of Cirencester, along with Brian May, Neil Murray, and Tony Iommi .... And to my surprise was greeted by Tony Iommi VERY warmly. Its the first conversation of any length i have had with him in 15 years!!!! ..... and it turns out we may well be working together soon!!!

As a Tony Martin Sabbath fan, this gets me VERY excited :)

fuck yeah!!!!!!!!!! make it happen. martin/iommi/geezer/rondinelli? shit it could be just martin and iommi and i would do backflips

still sounds good for pushing 60

That clip has had the vocals doctored though, check this one from the audience

Not strictly 2016 tour related, but Tony Martin posted this on his Facebook page:

Well what a great day ...

.. i attended the unveiling of Cozy Powells memorial plaque in his home town of Cirencester, along with Brian May, Neil Murray, and Tony Iommi .... And to my surprise was greeted by Tony Iommi VERY warmly. Its the first conversation of any length i have had with him in 15 years!!!! ..... and it turns out we may well be working together soon!!!

As a Tony Martin Sabbath fan, this gets me VERY excited :)

fuck yeah!!!!!!!!!! make it happen. martin/iommi/geezer/rondinelli? shit it could be just martin and iommi and i would do backflips

still sounds good for pushing 60

That clip has had the vocals doctored though, check this one from the audience

I fucking hate when bands do that, martin was much rougher in the crowd audio he was just inconsistent, at times he struggled and at times sounded like himself.

I fucking hate when bands do that, martin was much rougher in the crowd audio he was just inconsistent, at times he struggled and at times sounded like himself.

When I first saw the clip you posted I was like "holy shit!" and then when I saw the crowd one I said "yeah, that's more what I was expecting".

I think the raw performance there isn't anything to be ashamed of though, and to be honest I'm not the biggest TM fan.

I'll be the first to admit, Ozzy is sounding really rough, and especially bad on Hand of Doom. Hoping he polishes up after a few shows at least a little bit...

I don't want to watch a lot of videos beforehand, especially the intro, but I watched War Pigs and Paranoid and he sounded bad, but not much worse than what I remember seeing from him in recent years. It was about what I expected, actually. I'm just a casual Sabbath/Ozzy fan though.

I watched a bit of Black Sabbath and he didn't sound too bad. War Pigs wasn't too terrible but it could have been a lot better. Iron Man was pretty bad and Hand of Doom was really bad.

I thought he sounded decent/good on the '13' tour, and Ozzy played a small show last summer for Sony and he sounded good on those few songs of his he did. But ever since then he seems to be real bad and I don't think he's sounded this bad since like 2003 (re: Ozzfest Camden).

As I keep saying, I'm hoping they buff up the set a bit after a few shows and hopefully Ozzy gets his voice in check.

All that said, I'm still super excited for my shows and hoping someone uploads the EP tracks soon.