Dickinson: "I should have punched in Axl Rose"

there was really a lot of friction between iron maiden and guns n roses on that tour

i have heard bits and pieces of both bands saying not so nice things about one another

i remember someone in gnr mentioning that maiden wouldnt allow them to use the full stage (just a part of it)

the halifax video shows that

Two things - that video doesn't at all show that Maiden limited how much of the stage GN'R could use. This is an elevated image of Maiden's stage design, which has been more or less the same structurally since the tour GN'R opened on:

iron-maiden-kansas-city-rkh-images-36.jp

GN'R were free to use the entire first level of the stage - it just looks smaller in that video because Maiden line the entire stage with black tarps before they hit the stage as to not give away the stage design during the opening act, and the angle from which that video was shot makes the area GN'R was given look extremely small because the stage left wing was obstructing the view. Maiden don't allow their openers to use the upper level of the stage because there are a lot of props and pyro on the upper level (Particularly on that tour), and because the only way to the upper level is by a ladder next to Nicko's kit. It's standard practice for the headliner to restrict use of some part of the stage that is "extra" though; it's the same idea as not allowing an opening act to use a catwalk when someone has one that goes out into the crowd.

that video -- and your explanation -- shows exactly what I mentioned (and you have written yourself) - gnr was not allowed to use the full stage.

Axl would have beat his ass

How do you figure?

Is there a long line of guys who have had their ass kicked by him to make you come to that conclusion?

Stephanie. Erin. Sucker punched a random photographer at an airport. But a security guard's ankle. Chose not to fight Vince Neil. Got slapped by a fashion designer. Double teamed a drunk guy at the bar with DJ.

Is there evidence somewhere that Axl is a top notch fighter?

• Like 2

Yeah, Bruce was pissed off a lot about corporate bullshit on that tour. The show I saw (Which was both my first Maiden gig, and my first concert ever actually) was at Darien Lake, which is part of an amusement park. Bruce went into this big long rant about "Who's fucking idea was it to have a metal concert at Disneyland?", about how there were tons of fans were stuck back on the lawn because they weren't apparently special enough to get good seats, how there shouldn't be seats to begin with at a metal concert, how these guys in yellow t-shirts think they're there to keep us safe but they really can't do shit, etc. It was the second most pissed off I've ever seen him (The most was at someone trying to beat someone down to get on the barrier in Vegas in 2013), but none of it was directed at the tour/at the Osbournes.

he is 100% right. from interviews bruce said it was about his love/hate relationship with america and how shows and festivals are done here compared to elsewhere but sharon being who she is thinks it has to do with her.

are you talking about this infamous show?

steve's reaction is classic.

If that's the best Bruce can do, I have no doubt Axl would kick his ass :D Our little guy was crazy!

How do you figure?

Is there a long line of guys who have had their ass kicked by him to make you come to that conclusion?

Stephanie. Erin. Sucker punched a random photographer at an airport. But a security guard's ankle. Chose not to fight Vince Neil. Got slapped by a fashion designer. Double teamed a drunk guy at the bar with DJ.

True.

Surely Kurt Cobain was asking for a slap backstage at that award shows yet Rose merely sulked off?

How do you figure?

Well, Slash has said Axl "gets crazy" when he fights, and he was arrested many many times before being famous for getting into street fights, for a grand total of around 28 arrests. He got crazy to the point that he realized it was dangerous and a bad idea to get in between Axl and Matt one day when it almost got physical. But I guess Slash is lying there too.

1980 arrest - assault and petty larceny:
0_8b7c1_64ea38e3_L.jpg

1982 arrest, charges battery, criminal trespass, public intoxication, contributing to the deliquency of a minor, sentence 3 months in county jail
960x540.jpg

August 1, 1987: During filming of the WTTJ video, Axl went crazy and picked up a shotgun and fired it. Thankfully no one was hurt.

October 1987: While in New York, Axl and Del were in a hotel when someone threatened Del with a bat. Axl picked up a street sign post and challenged him. The cops showed up and arrested Axl.

November 22nd 1987: Arrested in Atlanta for assaulting a security guard, who was beating on the band's friends. Slash mentions this incident in his book.

December 18th 1987: Axl jailed for punching a man who said he looked like Bon Jovi.

December 30th 1987: Axl was arrested and carried off stage at Perkins Palace in Pasadena for assaulting a security guard.

August 4th or 5th 1988: Axl thrown in jail for punching a parking lot attendant who insulted his brother Stuart.

October 10th 1989: Axl arrested at the L.A. Cathouse for jumping into the crowd and beating a security guard who was hassling one of the band's friends. The band was there filming a video for It's So Easy.

How do you figure?

this

How do you figure?

Well, Slash has said Axl "gets crazy" when he fights, and he was arrested many many times before being famous for getting into street fights, for a grand total of around 28 arrests. He got crazy to the point that he realized it was dangerous and a bad idea to get in between Axl and Matt one day when it almost got physical. But I guess Slash is lying there too.

I don't understand the last smart ass comment about Slash lying. Nobody is talking about Slash lying, so why bring that up? Weird.

Lol. Lots of people get crazy when they get angry. Doesn't mean they are good fighters.

Miser have you ever been in a fight? Have you ever watched top level boxers or MMA fighters go at it? Did you notice if they started the fight calm, cool and collected or were they going crazy and acting like rabid dogs?

If u are ever in the situation where a fight is about to break out let me give you some advice. If one guy rips his shirt off and is yelling like a mad man and acting like a fool yelling he is going to kill you and the second guy just calmly stands up, puts his beer down and smiles and says "let's do this".....if you have to fight one of those two, 99.85% of the time you should pick the guy acting crazy.

I've got a buddy who suffers from short mans disease and has anger issues. He has been in more fights than the entire rest of our group combined. He also lost most of his fights. He has also been arrested 12-15 times. More than the rest of us combined.

Doesn't mean he is a badass. Means he has anger issues and gets his ass kicked a lot.

People thought Glen Danzig was a badass. Until he actually got into a fight.

There is a reason Axl didn't show up to fight Vince Neil.

But sure. Because Axl is our favorite singer that probably also means he is an absolute badass as well. Dude could probably be MMA champion if he trained for a couple months.

Smh.

Edited by Apollo
  • Like 1

How do you figure?

I don't understand the last smart ass comment about Slash lying. Nobody is talking about Slash lying, so why bring that up? Weird.

Lol. Lots of people get crazy when they get angry. Doesn't mean they are good fighters.

Miser have you ever been in a fight? Have you ever watched top level boxers or MMA fighters go at it? Did you notice if they started the fight calm, cool and collected or were they going crazy and acting like rabid dogs?

If u are ever in the situation where a fight is about to break out let me give you some advice. If one guy rips his shirt off and is yelling like a mad man and acting like a fool yelling he is going to kill you and the second guy just calmly stands up, puts his beer down and smiles and says "let's do this".....if you have to fight one of those two, 99.85% of the time you should pick the guy acting crazy.

I've got a buddy who suffers from short mans disease and has anger issues. He has been in more fights than the entire rest of our group combined. He also lost most of his fights. He has also been arrested 12-15 times. More than the rest of us combined.

Doesn't mean he is a badass. Means he has anger issues and gets his ass kicked a lot.

But sure. Because Axl is our favorite singer that probably also means he is an absolute badass as well. Dude could probably be MMA champion if he trained for a couple months.

Smh.

Nah man, you're right. He's the biggest pussy in the world and probably couldn't even throw a punch if he tried. Cause he broke up the old band and we're all still bitter about it. Two can play this game.

• Like 1

How do you figure?

600.jpg

Axl look's scared stiff in this photo...

But Apollo you carry on with the anti-Axl Rose stance...

we are discussing about how would be the winner in a fight AXL vs DICKINSON? LOL

im pretty sure that would be Axl,Bruce is really short.

But Bruce is more talented,more nice guy,better singer,better frontman (nowadays) ,better worker,more inteligent than Axl Rose.

No contest there.

Sorry but there is no way any human can compare Bruce Dickinson with Axl Rose.Bruce dickinson its a GOD and Axl is a JOKE.

PERIOD

I want to stay as far as possible from your religion.

How come the only one who really got to hit Axl was Tommy Hilfiger.

axl usually prefers to fight women.

Accept the fact that all the ppl who wanted to punch Axl are a bunch of pussies for only wanting, except for Hilfiger.

Yeah,follow that guy that cant sing,cant dance,cant work,and treat people like shit.

I like Maiden, but it's not like Bruce has never been a dick before. Pot meet kettle? :shrugs:

there is being a dick once and a while(who cant be a dick once and a while?) and being axl rose.

lol why u so butthurt bruh???

bad for your health

If you're british or have ever even used the term "Wanker" then you're already defeated :lol:

lol when even Bruce Dickinson hates your guts, you know you're an asshole.

Why? Lol

I wager everyone that ever met Axl Rose thought about giving him a smack at least once :lol:

Not really.

Yeah, I mean... Axl's such a beloved fella, must be 'cause he's such a nice guy to everyone, he treats everyone so well! Gimme a fucking break, BS. 9 out of 10 people that know who Axl Rose is would say he's an asshole, do you think that's a coincidence? Dude's the most bitter asshole in the music industry yet every time some celebrity or musician say "oh, I don't like Axl rose" everyone goes "OMG SO BITTER! OMG SUCH AN ASSHOLE!" Well, I guess every fucking one is an asshole! Medina, Dee Snider, Bruce Dickinson, Paul Stanley, Tommy Lee, Lemmy, Kurt Cobain, James Hetfield, Scott Weiland, Jack Black, Trent Reznor are just some I can remember. Sometimes I think if George Harrison were alive, and if he were asked about Axl, even HE would've said something.

Bruce should say it to Axl's face not some interviewer trying to look hard in front of his fanbase. You never know Axl may hand Bruce his arse.

Axl should have done the same with Slash so many years ago, then.

Out of al of those guys cosmo, kurt cobain did the world a favor by killing himself. Guy preached about not going mainstream and corporate and accused Axl of doing that when he did it himself. He was a nut but other than that idk how many of those guys are assholes themselves and how many actually met Axl?

I will agree Axl is difficult but cmon some of those guys are the pot calling the kettle black...

I like Maiden, but it's not like Bruce has never been a dick before. Pot meet kettle? :shrugs:

there is being a dick once and a while(who cant be a dick once and a while?) and being axl rose.

bad for your health

If you're british or have ever even used the term "Wanker" then you're already defeated :lol:

Wanker :P

axl usually prefers to fight women.

A women beater. How sad and pathetic.

"Former Guns 'N Roses drummer Steven Adler was sentenced to 150 days in jail on Thursday for attacking two women in separate domestic violence incidents, which also violates his probation from a 1997 conviction in another domestic violence case.

He pled no contest to two counts of battery in a dating relationship and admitted the probation violation in West Los Angeles Municipal Court. Adler was also sentenced to three years of summary probation, with the conditions of undergoing a year of domestic violence counseling and a ban on using illegal drugs. Additionally, a protective order was issued by Commissioner Joseph S. Biderman in respect to both victims. Adler is required to turn himself in to the court at 1:45 p.m. on October 29 to begin serving his sentence or show proof that he's turned himself into a city jail.
The two incidents in question occurred on January 27 and on June 7, respectively. The first erupted from a verbal argument spawned between Adler and a 43-year-old woman in his North Hollywood apartment over his alleged drug use. The victim was allegedly thrown against walls and furniture during the attack. She called 911 for assistance, however, Adler had already left the premises and couldn't be located at the time.
He was eventually found in the spring, living in a condominium in Century City, California, where he was taken into custody on an arrest warrant regarding a probation violation. He was then booked and released after posting bail.
The warrant had been issued in August of 1997 for failing to appear in court for a February of 1997 domestic violence case, which involved the woman he was living with at the time. In the 1997 case, Adler pled no contest to disturbing the peace and was sentenced to four days in jail. He was also placed on three years of summary probation, with a condition of attending 52 Alcoholics Anonymous meetings.
In the spring arrest, Adler was charged with this probation violation as well as for the January incident. While he was awaiting his trial, he allegedly attacked another woman at his condominium on June 7. Adler allegedly pushed the 35-year-old woman's head into a wall and threw her clothes off a balcony during a dispute over money."
Theres more legal trouble for the alumni of Guns N Roses.
Guitarist Slash, a.k.a. Saul Hudson, was arrested at an L.A.-area recording studio on the weekend for allegedly assaulting his estranged girlfriend. The altercation was said to have taken place in a room at the Le Parc Hotel in West Hollywood on July 19, but the unnamed woman apparently didnt lodge a complaint until later in the week.
Police officials appeared at the Sunset Boulevard facility Saturday evening (July 24) and transported the guitarist to a West Hollywood police station. He was booked and released on a $50,000 bond. Slash, who left Guns N Roses in 1996, was in the middle of a recording session for his new Slashs Snakepit album with producer Jack Douglas at the time.
According to a source close to Slash, the arrest was the latest in a week-long series of accusations and counter-accusations.
There was a lot of dont get mad, get even going on, says the source. Theres more
to this story than meets the eye, and when it all comes out, Slash will be vindicated. The source added that contrary to published reports, the couple had not been living together.
Friends and fans of the laid back guitarist are finding the story hard to believe. He never even gets mad, much less violent, says one associate.
The top-hatted rocker has previously had accounting problems related to his ex-wife, Renee, but no criminal troubles. Former Guns drummer Steven Adler, however, recently served almost three months after he was convicted of assaulting two different women in unrelated incidents (see Slash Sues Former Business Manager, Adler Sentenced To Harder Time ).

This.Turns out Axl isn't the only abuser as apparently steven and slash are woman beaters too...so some people bashing axl because he made them wait 3 hours for a show to start knowing he has the reputation of showing up late and being enabled to do so, look foolish calling Axl out for domestic abuse when he isn't the only one.

bad for your health

Wanker :P

Very Creative :lol::headbang:

I'm still very thankful kurt cobain is gone and not releasing anymore shitty ass music :rofl-lol:

• Like 1

I'm still very thankful kurt cobain is gone and not releasing anymore shitty ass music :rofl-lol:

As opposed to Axl Rose, who gave us...uh...Chinese Democracy? :lol: As far as Kurt criticising Axl et al for being corporate rock wankers he said the same about his own band too really so not quite a valid criticism...wanker :lol:

so some people bashing axl because he made them wait 3 hours for a show to start knowing he has the reputation of showing up late and being enabled to do so, look foolish calling Axl out for domestic abuse when he isn't the only one.

Because of course a man is immediately absolved of a crime when someone they've played in a band with has committed the same offence eh? :lol: Wanker :lol:

Edited by Len B'stard

How do you figure?

Smh.

Nah man, you're right. He's the biggest pussy in the world and probably couldn't even throw a punch if he tried. Cause he broke up the old band and we're all still bitter about it. Two can play this game.

The way you discuss and debate things is very odd. You always take what people say to the most extreme level.

You completely avoid the facts of the conversation and just go right to the extreme opposite.

Who said he was the biggest pussy in the world?

I don't care about the breakup and hold no grudge over that.

What game are you talking about?

Dang Miser. Try and stay in topic and just stick to the facts.

The facts are that you nor I have any idea how good of a fighter Axl Rose is. There is no video evidence or realistic quotes from people who have seen him fight people.

Having a bad temper and being arrested a lot doesn't - In any world - equate to somebody being a badass fighter.

There is no logical reason to assume he kicks a lot of ass or is a better fighter than you are.

Being a great singer doesn't automatically mean he is also great at other things.

Try and stick to the things people actually say.

How do you figure?

600.jpg

Sigh.

Not kissing a celebs ass isn't the same thing as being anti that person.

Do you ever get anything right?

Because of course a man is immediately absolved of a crime when someone they've played in a band with has committed the same offence eh? :lol: Wanker :lol:

Wait. That's not a thing?? Lol

Yea, that is one of the dumbest things that wk/miser/billsfan has ever said.

How do you figure?

600.jpg

Looks like two benders having a handbag fight to me, a fashion designer and a cross-dressing singer, two stalwarts of the fighting community clearly :lol: Axl only kicks off with people he reckons he can fuckin' have, photographers who dont want, security whoose wages he pays etc, every time someones offered him out, upon his own prompting at that, he's fuckin' shit it. Lets be clear about this, this is a man who whines when plastic bottles nearly hit him, this is a man with fuckin' nipple piercings that wore make up and dressed like a fuckin' girl to come to prominence, there aint a man over 18 raised on his mothers milk afraid of Axl Rose, I've seen him throw two punches in my life, one at a photographer that you barely see connect, he pretty much bundles him over...and a free shot he gets on his own security that looked more like a fuckin' slap...didnt even fuckin' rock the guy...perhaps thats why he ran off in a huff and bottled out of the gig.