Glasgow vs Edinburgh: Which city is better?

Bono

Despite having 4 week-long vacations in Scotland so far, I really haven't seen either. :unsure:

Technically, I've been to Glasgow on 7 separate occasions. On all of them I've only seen the airport and the Holiday Inn next to the airport though.

I know a shitload of other charming towns there though! :P

Edited by username

I've learned everything I know about Glasgow from Groundskeeper Willie.

Willie's apparently from Kirkwall, and supports Aberdeen F.C... Something no self-respecting Glaswegian would do.

my favourite Billy Connoly joke:

"I support the other team from Glasgow, Partick Thistle. English people think they are called Partick Thistle Nil!" :D

• Like 2

Willie's apparently from Kirkwall, and supports Aberdeen F.C... Something no self-respecting Glaswegian would do.

"I support the other team from Glasgow, Partick Thistle. English people think they are called Partick Thistle Nil!" :D

Yeah i remember hearing that quite often when my uncle was doing the pools :lol:

This is my favourite bit of his. "That Woby sounds like a pretty cool guy ill have to hang out with him" :lol:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cDlfEZQ1Do4

This is my favourite bit of his. "That Woby sounds like a pretty cool guy ill have to hang out with him" :lol:

I never noticed it before but dont he look like Roy Keane a bit?

This is my favourite bit of his. "That Woby sounds like a pretty cool guy ill have to hang out with him" :lol:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cDlfEZQ1Do4

I never noticed it before but dont he look like Roy Keane a bit?

A touch, maybe. yeah I can see where your coming from i don't think I'd have spotted it without you pointing it out.

Aberdeen!

Nah, Graeme's pretty much spot on, though I havn't seen a great deal of Glasgow or Edinburgh off the main parts. Always there for gigs but that's about it. Glasgow does seem friendly, ive been surprised a few times in Glasgow when some random in a shop just starts having a full blown conversation with you. The ideal city for me would be... Aberdeen, with Edinburgh's castle plonked in the middle, with Glasgow's nightlife and gigs.

To me, Aberdeen is the prettiest. Almost the entire city is made from Aberdeen's grey granite, and through text, grey sounds dull and dreary, but on a pleasnt day it's lovely. And if you're not bang in the centre it's set off nicely by the green tree's that are everywhere and the rivers either side of the city, plus its beach runs for miles to the north.

Edinburgh's bonnie. But ive never ever thought Glasgow looked nice. I've often thought "would I like to live there?", with it costing me a fortune travelling through all the time, but I just wouldn't. And Aberdeen's shocking when it comes to gigs.