Steven Adler: If a Guns N' Roses Reunion happens, I guarantee I will be the last to know about it

biggest fuckup

That would be Axl.

How many rehab shows has Axl appeared on?

How many times has Axl gotten himself kicked out of a world famous band because he was too high to sing?

It would hard for Axl to get himself get kicked out of anything as he would hire a team of lawyers who would then treat the original members like turds, and take over the whole enterprise.

His martyr act is really, really old. 25 years later and he still hasn't taken responsibility for his own actions in getting kicked out of the band. No, Steven, you were NOT "no different than other other guys" when it came to drugs. They could still play. YOU couldn't and you were out there falling off the drum riser.

And he loves Axl more than anyone? LOL. My money would actually be on Duff for that.

• Like 1

His martyr act is really, really old. 25 years later and he still hasn't taken responsibility for his own actions in getting kicked out of the band. No, Steven, you were NOT "no different than other other guys" when it came to drugs. They could still play. YOU couldn't and you were out there falling off the drum riser.

And he loves Axl more than anyone? LOL. My money would actually be on Duff for that.

He should never be forgiven for his horrendous actions that ruined many people's lives.

• Like 1

None of this is true though is it as Duff admits in his book to a gig in 1993 where he was too drunk to play. If you want to see Slash drunk you merely have to watch the Deer Creek gig. Izzy was selling drugs from his window and pissed on a plane. Axl was arrested more times than I have had hot dinners. It is not really the sort of band where you should talk about 'responsibility'' and 'actions'. They were all fuck ups.

None of this is true though is it as Duff admits in his book to a gig in 1993 where he was too drunk to play. If you want to see Slash drunk you merely have to watch the Deer Creek gig. Izzy was selling drugs from his window and pissed on a plane. Axl was arrested more times than I have had hot dinners. It is not really the sort of band where you should talk about 'responsibility'' and 'actions'. They were all fuck ups.

Oh please. Nobody said that they were angels. Ever. Or that they were not drug addicts. But before and during the Illusions recordings, Steven, by all accounts, WAS the only one who was too impaired to play. How many people have mentioned that, now? Tom Zutaut, Alan Niven, Slash, Duff...every single one of them said that the situation was out of control and agreed with his firing.

Duff and Slash very much have owned up to their drug use and the damage they did to others, and have taken steps to permanently rehabilitate themselves. Izzy was clean by 1991 and by all accounts has stayed clean. Steven, on the other hand, had that very sad scene on Sober House where he was still visibly under the influence and never seems to have acknowledged his own part in his firing from GnR.

Edited by stella

Oh please. Nobody said that they were angels. Ever. Or that they were not drug addicts. But before and during the Illusions recordings, Steven, by all accounts, WAS the only one who was too impaired to play. How many people have mentioned that, now? Tom Zutaut, Alan Niven, Slash, Duff...every single one of them said that the situation was out of control and agreed with his firing.

Duff and Slash very much have owned up to their drug use and the damage they did to others, and have taken steps to permanently rehabilitate themselves. Izzy was clean by 1991 and by all accounts has stayed clean. Steven, on the other hand, had that very sad scene on Sober House where he was still visibly under the influence and never seems to have acknowledged his own part in his firing from GnR.

Totally hypocritical. Even Sorum joked about it at the hall of fame! Wouldn't it be fair to say that Adler's sacking was merely a matter of 'bad timing'? Stradlin sobers up despite being LA's biggest drug pusher and a smack addict long before Adler; he also peed on a plane while pissed. Slash quits smack despite still being a bit of an alcoholic, after seeing little demons in Hawaii and peeing his leather pants all the time. Duff's was in terrible shape; his pancreas had four more years of life left. Axl is a loony who flakes out on shows and turns up late and basically messes up everything - what about those Chicago sessions where Rose turned up three weeks late and proceeded to trash their apartment? Yet, ''we have now decided to do an album''. And who gets the chop as a consequence because he is a bit strung out on the exact same addictions that the other band members have/have had? Total hypocrisy.

Adler sued the hell out of them and won in a court of law.

Also, listen to the Mates rehearsal and Farm Aid. These were both recorded at around the same time as the recording of Civil War and Adler's sacking yet neither have any evidence of this 'terrible drumming' we keep hearing about! I am not saying there is no truth to the Civil War incident but maybe they have over-egged it a bit.

wow, the blue jays bandwagon has even reached mygnr

Look closer. I was mocking Jays fans for celebrating the World Series in June. I hate the Blue Jays.

Totally hypocritical. Even Sorum joked about it at the hall of fame! Wouldn't it be fair to say that Adler's sacking was merely a matter of 'bad timing'? Stradlin sobers up despite being LA's biggest drug pusher and a smack addict long before Adler; he also peed on a plane while pissed. Slash quits smack despite still being a bit of an alcoholic, after seeing little demons in Hawaii and peeing his leather pants all the time. Duff's was in terrible shape; his pancreas had four more years of life left. Axl is a loony who flakes out on shows and turns up late and basically messes up everything - what about those Chicago sessions where Rose turned up three weeks late and proceeded to trash their apartment? Yet, ''we have now decided to do an album''. And who gets the chop as a consequence because he is a bit strung out on the exact same addictions that the other band members have/have had? Total hypocrisy.

Adler sued the hell out of them and won in a court of law.

Also, listen to the Mates rehearsal and Farm Aid. These were both recorded at around the same time as the recording of Civil War and Adler's sacking yet neither have any evidence of this 'terrible drumming' we keep hearing about! I am not saying there is no truth to the Civil War incident but maybe they have over-egged it a bit.

Maybe they just threw him out of their band because they were sick of him and would rather not play or deal with him again? As long as he gets whatever he's financially entitled to they're not obligated to keep him around.

• Like 1