paul huge questions

cuneo77

I did knew him and we were cool. There were many other problems going on so I wouldn't say he was the Yoko Ono in GNR. I had no problems with him helping out with some song writing but was not so sure that his image fit the band. I did talk to Axl about that and his said something like Slash bringing in Matt changed the image. Meaning Matt didn't really look the part but they needed him for his abilities . I think in the end Izzy leaving broke up that lineup when it came down to making new music. I know Axl and Slash and Duff could have still made some killer music without Izzy but the guys didn't have enough in common at that time to make a whole record. They wanted different things and for the most part were not on the same page anymore.

• Like 4

I did knew him and we were cool. There were many other problems going on so I wouldn't say he was the Yoko Ono in GNR. I had no problems with him helping out with some song writing but was not so sure that his image fit the band. I did talk to Axl about that and his said something like Slash bringing in Matt changed the image. Meaning Matt didn't really look the part but they needed him for his abilities . I think in the end Izzy leaving broke up that lineup when it came down to making new music. I know Axl and Slash and Duff could have still made some killer music without Izzy but the guys didn't have enough in common at that time to make a whole record. They wanted different things and for the most part were not on the same page anymore.

Thank for the insight. Any idea what ever happened to him? He sorta disappeared when he left the band in 2002

Thank for the insight. Any idea what ever happened to him? He sorta disappeared when he left the band in 2002

People say he is in the vault, but well on a serious note, I did read it here or somewhere that he moved back to Indiana and is working for some consultant company, but im not sure. And some one mentioned here an interview about Ron mentioning that Paul was in the studio in 2006 with them recording stuff and all, but well Its hard to trust any interviews by the band members.

Steven did

Marc I have a question, outside of Paul's image, do you think Paul had enough talent to be in GN'R? Duff and Slash felt he didn't have the 'chops' but what did you think? Did you ever witness Paul and Slash rehearsing together or in the same room together?

Marc I have a question, outside of Paul's image, do you think Paul had enough talent to be in GN'R? Duff and Slash felt he didn't have the 'chops' but what did you think? Did you ever witness Paul and Slash rehearsing together or in the same room together?

Paul plays on sympathy for the devil, but I think they recorded separately that whole session.

Paul plays on sympathy for the devil, but I think they recorded separately that whole session.

yeah he recorded over Slash's work which pissed Slash off and i believe that was the breaking point

i think Axl should have respected his bandmates because noone liked the guy or wanted him in the band

but they probably would have still broke up anyway because as Marc pointed out it seemed musically they weren't on the same page

Slash wanted stay with the bluesy rock and Axl seemed to want to hop on the current wave

Steven did

Paul and Axl worked together well before GN'R so Axl thought he was a good match. It doesn't really matter if he was a fit or not, either way I think it was going to fall apart at that time. Don't get me wrong there still could have been a handful of songs that they would have probably agreed on but not enough for a whole record at that time because their heads were drifting apart and they were not going to agree on a number of things.

I didn't see them rehearse at all.

Edited by recklessroad
  • Like 1