The November Rain wedding dress

Girlfriend was asking about how much it's worth now and I thought it'd be a simple Google search to answer. Didn't find it though, saw that it'd been originally made for $8,000 but nothing about after the video came out. Anyone know what became of it since? Has it ever been re-sold? What would it be valued at now?

It seems everyone loves that wedding dress, my aunt who hates Rock music knows about the NR Video and loved that wedding dress, same with my cousin.

Well the dress was designed by Carmela Sutera.

I see 3 situations

1). Its in The Vault

2). Stephanie Has it

3). Axl took it from Stephanie and most prob. burnt it

I'm not much of a fan of it either. Just curious, since I know the ruby slippers from the Wizard of Oz, for example, sold for over half a million dollars. Seems like it'd be one of the more valuable pieces of music video memorabilia out there..

It seems everyone loves that wedding dress, my aunt who hates Rock music knows about the NR Video and loved that wedding dress, same with my cousin.

I see 3 situations

1). Its in The Vault

2). Stephanie Has it

Stephine doesn't have it

awhile back i stumbled apon a interview where she spoke about dating Axl and she said she wouldn't mind having the dress back

I see 3 situations

1). Its in The Vault

2). Stephanie Has it

No way on number 3. If Axl has it that shit is on a Real Doll and explains a lot about his lack of production.

I think you just stumbled onto the big mystery. I now know what Axl has been doing since the break-up.

Edited by DeadSlash
  • Like 1

Any chance it was rented or loaned? Actually not kidding on that; apparently a lot of the clothes for the Oscars, etc. are loaned to the actors from the designers. The actor gets an outfit to wear on the red carpet; the designer's name gets out there; win-win. And a lot of costumes for videos and movies are rented. The deal with this dress could have been the same; it could have been rented or the designer could have loaned it out for the publicity and exposure.

If they actually did buy this thing for the shoot, they could have sold it to a costume rental shop later (there are costume places all over LA that rent out stuff for film/TV/video shoots) or since Geffen had an affiliation with Universal, it could have ended up in a costume vault at Universal Studios.

If the latter is the case it could easily be in pieces...a lot of costumes get altered into new things or cannibalized; the fabric and such is used to make other clothes or used to repair other items. Or it could be sitting in a vault still.

Edited by stella